• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1953

I have a question that has been bothering me. I know the Bible says that the only way to the Father is through Jesus

But what happens to the people that have never heard about Jesus. And don't even know that there is a God.

Will they all go to hell?

I know that someday all will have heard, because Jesus says to go out into all the world and preach the good news.

But until then, are all these people that haven't been reached yet, are they doomed?

sisterinchrist :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

I believe that all who have not heard of Christ will be judged according to the way they lived their lives. Even without the knowledge of God, everyone knows right from wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Hello sisterinchrist,

People will be judged on the basis of the light they had, not on the basis of a light they never saw. Someone in the remote jungle who never heard of Jesus is judged differently than the person who, say, is an open Bible away from the gospel.

Matthew 11:20-22 explains it in Jesus' words. "Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you."

The phrase "it will be more bearable" is the key phrase here. Not everyone will be judged by the same standard. The greater our privilege, the greater our responsibilities. Chorazin and Bethsaida saw a lot, so a lot was expected from them. The gospel was clearly presented to them, yet they clearly rejected it.

On the other hand, Tyre and Sidon saw less, so less was expected. For them, "it will be more bearable" than others. The principle is that God's judgment is based upon humanity's response to the message received. He will never hold us accountable for what He doesn't tell us.

At the same time, He will never let us die without telling us something. Even those who never heard of Jesus are given a message about God. Psalm 19:1-3 says;

The heavens declare the glory of God;

the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech;

night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language

where their voice is not heard.

Nature is God's first "voice", so to speak. Those who don't have the Bible or preachers have stars that twinkle, sunsets, changing seasons. If a person has nothing but nature, it's enough to reveal something about God. Remember when Paul said (and I'll quote the Message Bible here because I like it's phrasing), "The basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes can't see: eternal power, for instance and the mystery of his divine being." Romans 1:20.

Romans 2:15-16 (also in the Message Bible) says, "God's law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within them that echoes God's yes and no, right and wrong. Their response to God's yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences."

The Bible doesn't talk about how God will take these differences into account, but He will. Revelation 16:7 assures us... "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

In my Father's house are many mansions. John 14:2 There are many different heavens. Someone who does not know Jesus but lives a righteous life will get a righteous man's reward.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Jesus will make himslf known to those who are His elect.

There is only 1 heaven and no good deeds or good life can get you there.

There is only 1 way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/02/1953

Jesus will make himslf known to those who are His elect.

There is only 1 heaven and no good deeds or good life can get you there.

There is only 1 way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.

thank you