IGNORED

Why Is The Torah Important?

Guest shiloh357

It isn't. As many, many Christian preachers have observed for centuries, it is not a comparison, but an exchange. You either have the flesh, or you have Christ. That is not difficult to see.

so you do hate your parents?

:whistling:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
It isn't. As many, many Christian preachers have observed for centuries, it is not a comparison, but an exchange. You either have the flesh, or you have Christ. That is not difficult to see.
No, it is a matter of what you are putting your confidence in. Paul begins by saying that he does not put confidence in the flesh or any of his worly accomplishments, and that those things junk that he may know Christ. That is different than acsetism which despises the flesh altogether. Again, it is a matter of keeing everything in proper perspective. As yod said it compares with Christ stating that one must hate their parents to follow Him. No one is absurd enough to state that Jesus actually wants anyone to "hate" their parents in the absolute sense. He certainly does not excect us to hold them in comtempt in order to walk with Him.

I must "hate" my worldly accomplishments, and all things pertaining to this world in order to know Christ, in the same sense that Christ says that we should "hate" our parents. It is really quite simple.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

No, it is a matter of what you are putting your confidence in. Paul begins by saying that he does not put confidence in the flesh or any of his worly accomplishments, and that those things junk that he may know Christ. That is different than acsetism which despises the flesh altogether.

Not so. 'The flesh' means all of the deceits of the world.

Guest shiloh357
'The flesh' means all of the deceits of the world.
No it does not, at least not the way it is used i Phil. 3. Paul says that he more than anyone has cause to put confidence in the "flesh. As applied in Phil3:3-4 it refers to his physical pedigree, external rites, or ceremonies. He considers them worthless in order to gain Christ. In other words, he either had to put confidence in the flesh or in Christ, it could not be both. However that only applies to issue of salvation and relationship with Christ. It is not a repudiation of his Jewishness. It was just a matter of keeping it proper perspective.

No it does not

'If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless.' Phil 3:4-6 NIV

Guest shiloh357
No it does not

'If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless.' Phil 3:4-6 NIV

That has does not support your definition.

No it does not

:wub:

Black is white, too.

Guest shiloh357

No it does not

Black is white, too.

Can you respond with something intelligent? The fact is, there is nothing in the verse yo provided that mentions "deceit." It is up to you to demonstrate your assertion.

No it does not

Black is white, too.

Can you respond with something intelligent?

I did.

Guest shiloh357

No, you answered in mockery saying "black is white, too." That is not an intelligent answer. The truth is that you cannot provide an honest direct answer to a reasonable request. You are simply responding out of pride and not sound biblical exegesis.

I asked you to show why the verse you quoted can be attributed to "deceits of the world" as you allege. All you have chosen to do dance around answering the question. The truth is you can't. You cannot provide an honest, answer. Thank you for demonstrating the inherent weakness of your position.