• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,565
  • Content Per Day:  6.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

First of all, Happy Independence Day!  "It is for freedom that Christ set us free!"  (Gal 5:1)

Just read an article about a new Gallup poll conducted in the US about people's perception of patriotism, morality and family.

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/03/americans-down-on-god-family-country-patriotism-polling

My comments on the poll's findings:

Regarding patriotism, the poll asked how many were "extremely proud to be an American."  I must confess that I have a little aversion to the word "pride." Look, most everyone has pride in their particular country, but a Christian has a higher citizenship and we are cautioned against the natural feeling of pride.  Personally, I'd prefer if they asked, "Are you extremely grateful for the USA?" - then my answer would certainly be a resounding YES!

But in any case, lower patriotism doesn't seem good for the preservation of the country. 

Regarding the state of moral values as being poor - amazing to me that while we Christians see things definitely swirling the toilet and accelerating, it appears most in the US don't see it that way.  All I can say is WOW!

Regarding 40 year olds who have never married - this is the highest in over a hundred years.  Doesn't look good for the sanctity of marriage between a man & a woman and being fruitful and multiplying . . .

In all of this, what can we say ? Praise God He's still on the throne and He's got this!  We are aware that things will go "south" all the more in the last days of this satanic world system.  Our role? Watch & pray!