Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.94
  • Days Won:  2

We read In the book of the Revelation 6:1-2 “And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.”

The Lord usually gives us insights into the symbolic language found in the book of Revelation, by clues given in other parts of scripture.

I believe the 4 horsemen where sent by God as part of His righteous judgments. Jesus also proclaimed the starting point of this judgment before his death, when He said "now is the judgment of the world" in John 12:31.

I believe these 4 horsemen are “symbolic” of the “four sore judgments” of God shown to us in Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 14:21 “For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send “my four sore judgments” upon Jerusalem, “the sword”, and “the famine”, and “the noisome beast,” and “the pestilence,” to cut off from it man and beast?”

The first 3 horseman carry each a judgment, but the 4th horseman carries all 4 sore judgments.

Notice the 4th horseman’s judgments compared to Ezekiel 14:21’s “ four sore judgments”

Revelation 6:8 “And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with “sword,” and with “hunger,” and with “death,” and with “the beasts”of the earth.”

This is a real close match to the Ezekiel judgments determined upon Jerusalem, and so I believe that is what we are seeing in the 4 horseman judgments; except this time they shall be also upon the entire world.

I believe the first horseman represents the coming of the prince of this world, or Satan; which includes the coming of his spirit, aka the spirit of antichrist.

Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

I believe this symbolizes the Prince of this world, which is Satan, being cast down to begin the judgments of this world.

Notice what Jesus said in John 12:31 “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out”

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” 

The reason Jesus said he has nothing in me, is because the lie has no place in the Truth, and sin has no place in righteousness, as Death has no place in Life.

The first horseman was on a white horse, (Christ look alike) but that's the deception of Satan, who looks outwardly to be an angel of Light. (white)2 Corinthians 11:14“And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.”

Notice in Revelation 6:1 when the Lamb opened the first seal John heard the sound of thunder. Usually when you hear thunder, you also have lightning right? Well listen to Jesus description of Satan being cast down from heaven in Luke 10:18 “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan “as lightning” fall from heaven.” And we also know lightning looks “white”.

The rider on the white horse was given a crown, just as Princes are given crowns and power. Also he carried a bow, which I believe is symbolic of his nature like Nimrod, and Esau (who were also mighty hunters)

In Genesis 10:9 we read “He was a “mighty hunter” before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the “mighty hunter” before the Lord.” Genesis 10:10 “And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh in the land of Shinar.”

So Nimrod is “symbolic” of the latter Prince, or King of Babel ,or Shinar; which is later known as “mystery Babylon” .

Also Esau is “a sign” of one who had a bow and was also a “cunning hunter”...Genesis 25:27 “And the boys grew: and Esau was a “cunning hunter”, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.”

Keep in mind the Lord said the serpent was more “cunning” than all the beasts He had made.

We are also told in scripture that Satan shoots “fiery darts”or arrows at us; which are also shown as words as well.

The Lord also warned the children of Israel inJeremiah 16:16 He would send for many“hunters”, and they shall “hunt them”from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

Moving on to the second horse in Revelation 6:3-4 “And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to “take peace from the earth,”and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a “great sword.”

First thing notice the second beast speaks on the second seal, and then we’ll see the third beast speaks on the third seal, and then finally the 4th beast speaks on the 4th seal. This to me indicates a timing of events, each one in its own order.

Also notice the horseman was given power to do what he did, and then notice that his judgment was to take peace from the earth as he was given a great sword.

So who gave him the power to do so, and who gave him the sword? Notice Jesus' words here... Matthew 10:34 “Think not that I am come “to send peace” on earth: I came not to send peace, “but a sword.”

So Jesus not only proclaimed the judgment on this world, but he also proclaimed he did not come to send peace at this time to the world, but a sword.

I’ve heard some people say “if God were in control of this world it wouldn’t be this way.” But if people truly knew the words of God, then they would also understand why things are the way they are, because the Lord said it would be this way as a part of His righteous judgments on a wicked world.

Now to Revelation 6:5-6 “And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.”

Notice the rider has a pair of balances in his hand, which represents the kingdom being “weighed and measured”. 

This is the sign of famine as shown in Ezekiel 4:16 “Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat “bread by weight”, and with care; and they shall drink water “by measure”, and with astonishment:”

This horseman also has to do with the measures of wheat and barley, which are also symbolized here in 2 Kings 7:18 18And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, “Two measures” of barley for a shekel, and “a measure” of fine flour for a shekel, shall be tomorrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:” (notice 3 measures mentioned)

Some believe this sign has all to do with food shortages and famine alone, but I believe it has a much deeper meaning than just that; as the barley symbolizes the first harvest and the Jews, and the wheat tends to symbolize the fall harvest, or the great harvest and the Gentiles. We were also shown the kingdom of Heaven is like “3 measures of meal “by Jesus in Matthew 13:33.

The statement “hurt not the oil and wine” in the last part of Revelation 6:6 also has a deeper meaning pertaining to those who are sealed by Gods Holy anointing “oil” (Holy Spirit) and those who are washed inthe blood (wine) of the Lamb. We will also see this protection by the seal later on in our study of the Revelation.

This sign of protection was also shown in the Exodus from Egypt story when the Lord poured out His plagues upon Pharaoh and his servants. But the Hebrews were protected from many of these judgments.

Moving on to Revelation 6:7-8 “And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword,and with hunger, and with death, and withthe beasts of the earth.”

Again notice the 4th horseman brings “all four sore judgments” mentioned in Ezekiel 14:21 (sword, famine, noisome beasts, and pestilence) or as listed in Rev. 6:8 (sword, hunger, death, and the beasts of the earth) I believe the beasts mentioned there are not literal 4 legged beasts, but rather “men who act like brute beasts”, which I’ll explain in a bit.

Jesus foretold of all these sore judgments in Matthew 24:4-8 “And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” (1st horse is white, looks like Christ, but is not; conquers by deception.)

6 “And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.” (2nd Red horse with sword, takes away peace)

7 “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.” (includes both 3rd and 4th horseman)

8” All these are the beginning of sorrows.” (hell followed after the 4th horseman)

I believe the name of the 4th rider being “Death” is because the wages of sin is “Death.” And the power given him over the 4th part of the earth has to with the wheat, which was the 4th part shown in Revelation 6:6; there were 3 parts barley and 1 part wheat, so the wheat is the 4th part, which represents “the Gentile nations”.

Like I said before, I believe there are 2 separate tribulation periods as Paul also confirmed. Paul said tribulation and anguish upon every soul of man that does evil, “first to the Jew”, and then to the Nations.

The first tribulation to the Jews is broken down into 3 main parts, like we saw with the 42 generations broken into 3 parts of 14 in Matthew 1:17. The last tribulation period is global, and is the last part, being the 4th part.

In Ezekiel we see the story of the dividing of the hairs into parts, and the judgments determined on each of the third parts inEzekiel 5:12 “A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famineshall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scattera third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.

This mention of third parts, and also the remnant we will also see later on in our studies. But right now I would like to go back to the meaning of the 4th horsemen killing with “the beasts of the earth” in Revelation 6:8.

Notice the killing is with the beasts of the earth, or the noisome (meaning disgusting, injurious) beasts as was shown in Ezekiel.

Many may believe the Lord is talking about animals here, but the Lord is truly speaking of “men who act like wild and evil beasts” depending on their brutal nature.

In Ecclesiastes 3:18 “I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men,that God might manifest them, and that they might see that “they themselves are beasts”.

This killing with the beasts was also shown in the 4th and final beast in Daniel (dreadful, terrible beast) that was made up of all the 3 previous beasts combined; like the 4th horseman carried all the 3 previous horseman’s judgments. 

These 3 previous beast natures are also shown in the final 4th beast are seen here inRevelation 13:2 “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.”

These 4 beasts were also mentioned in Daniel chapter 7 verses 4-7 (lion, bear, leopard, and then the dreadful terrible beast = 4th beast).

What many may not know though is the Lord foretold of these 4 sore judgments, and also of these 4 beasts in Hosea 13:7-8 “

7 Therefore I will be unto them “as a lion”: “as a leopard” by the way will I observe them: 8 I will meet them “as a bear” that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: “the wild beast” shall tear them.”

So like the 4 beasts kingdoms foretold of by the Lord to carry out His righteous indignation and judgments, the 4 horseman judgments were also foreshadowed of in the four sore judgments shown to us in Ezekiel 14:21.

It is easy for us to see the death in this world by the 3; ( sword, famine, and the pestilence) looking back on history. But many may not truly understand the meaning of the death by beasts of the earth; which truly the Lord is referring to “men acting like evil beasts” as we see in the world these days. 

In the daily news it is not hard to find men killing one another by blowing one another up, or shooting their fellow man, or stabbing, or beheading, or running them over with vehicles, or poisoning, etc.

This is not to mention the “poison doctrine” of evil men who like “natural brute beasts”also corrupt the hearts and minds of many with their carnally minded doctrine. It is also written; to be carnally minded is “Death.”

The Lord gave us “signs” in the O.T. it would be this way early on in Leviticus 26:22 “I will also send “wild beasts”among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” 

Ezekiel 5:17 “So will I send upon you “famine” and “evil beasts”, and they shall bereave thee: and “pestilence” and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring “the sword” upon thee. I the Lord have spoken it.”

Just as the “naturally minded”man is like“brute beasts” shown in 2 Peter 2:12“But these, as “natural brute beasts”,made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 

Jude 1:10 “But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as “brute beasts”, in those things they corrupt themselves.”

But the Lord early on also promised to remove these evil brute beasts from the land, when He also promised to finally bring peace to the land. Leviticus 26:6“And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid “evil beasts” out of the land, neither shall “the sword” go through your land.” Ezekiel 34:25 “And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the “evil beasts” to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.”

Ezekiel 34:28 “And they shall no more be “a prey to the heathen”, neither shall “the beast” of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.”

I personally believe all the first 4 horseman judgments have already been loosed, as in 2010 I had a vision of a rider on a pale horse riding in the heavens. The color of the horse was pale, like the color of a dead man’s face, like an ash white, or grayish white.

The only other use of the word “pale” in scripture is found here inJeremiah 30:6 “Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and “all faces” are turned into “paleness?”

And also in Isaiah 29:22 “Therefore thus saith the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall “his face” now wax “pale.”

So in both examples of the word pale or paleness, is shown as having to do with the look on the face, “like Death”.

Keep in mind, there are 2 main armies shown in scripture. You have the armies of God in heaven that follow after Righteousness and Life in Christ. And you have the beasts armies on earth who worship the red Dragon; which are called the children of hell, that is the army of hell that follows after sin and Death. 

I hope this little study will help some get a better understanding into the spiritual things of God.

Peace and God bless.