IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

I Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

Look what God has created for us now. Look at the stars, moon, sun, trees, and mountains how beautiful they are. They take your breath away. Then you read this here in Corinthians and say it's better than this. The world we live in now cannot match up with the kingdom that shall come. There is a catch. It is for those who love HIM. What is the Biblical definition for loving GOD? 

I John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. Plain and simple. 

Here in Acts is an example, if you make a vow to GOD you had better keep it. 

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet. 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. 7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. 10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. 

Would you have traded your salvation for a piece of land? Everything that you have in this world, you cannot take it to the next. Have you ever seen a Brink's truck follow a rich man to the grave? No. If you know a person is doing something that is contrary to the Law, don't agree with them, tell them they are wrong, or you may find yourself like these two people that put "man's face" on GOD. They thought that they were making a vow to Peter and the rest of the apostles. 

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. 

This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be? This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good (Romans 7:12) even today. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,469
  • Content Per Day:  8.05

On 9/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, Bro.Tan said:

Pay close attention to what the God of Israel (Jesus) is saying here in Matthew. You will be called the least in the kingdom of heaven if you teach men that the law is no more. If you are the least in the kingdom you will be in the Lake of Fire. It's very clear that law is still in effect, last time I checked the heavens and the earth still exist. 

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 

In Ezekiel Jesus informs you how a man will die. If he breaks the law and does not repent (baptized in the name of Jesus and be circumcised) he will die. 

Ezekiel 18:10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things, 11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbor's wife, 12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination, 13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him. 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. The soul that sinneth it shall die. What is the biblical definition of sin? I John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we see what sin is.

Still pushing a works salvation system, I see.

It's much easier to believe the Bible.  Salvation is free, by grace, through faith.

And it's permanent.

16 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15).

Yet, they do not save anyone.

Rom 3:20 - Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Were you never aware of this verse before?

8 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

It's much easier to believe the Bible.  Salvation is free, by grace, through faith.

And it's permanent.

Grace is nothing more than a free gift. And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. 

8 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Rom 3:20 - Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). 

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

34 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

FreeGrace said: 

And it's permanent.

Grace is nothing more than a free gift.

Wow.  Grace is the reason man is saved.  Grace saves, NOT works.  But you don't seem to believe the Bible, in spite of all the verses that refute your claims.

And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God.

Yet you have the gall to call it "nothing more than a free gift".  How low can you go?

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. 

Of course my opinions don't count.  But my views come straight from the Bible, unlike yours.

Those who think that works are necessary in order to be saved are NOT SAVED.

They CAN'T be saved until they reject the false notion that they must help God in their savlation.

37 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

FreeGrace said: 

When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.

That is wrong.  Paul's mention of the Law included ALL that is found in the Law; not just sacrifices and laws pertaining to the priesthood.  

The rich young ruler thought he had eternal life because he thought he was keeping the law;  hadn't murdered, committed adultery, stole, etc.  That's what Paul was referring to when he mentions the Law.

These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

The OT Law NEVER saved anyone.  The Law proved to everyone that they are unable to keep it.  That was it's purpose.  

Paul proved that Jesus is the Messiah from the OT.  And Paul's gospel was faith in the Messiah for salvation, same as in the OT.

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct.

You are conflating two different things.  We are saved by faith in Christ, and what follows salvation are the commands of obedience, for reward.  Our lifestyle has nothing to do with going to heaven.  It has everything to do with whether we will receive reward in eternity.

Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

Jesus wasn't referring to salvation here.  He was referring to earned reward.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:28 PM, FreeGrace said:

Wow.  Grace is the reason man is saved.  Grace saves, NOT works.  But you don't seem to believe the Bible, in spite of all the verses that refute your claims.

Yet you have the gall to call it "nothing more than a free gift".  How low can you go?

Of course my opinions don't count.  But my views come straight from the Bible, unlike yours.

Those who think that works are necessary in order to be saved are NOT SAVED.

They CAN'T be saved until they reject the false notion that they must help God in their savlation.

Paul said in (Gal. 6:) (v.3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (v.4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 

The book says let every man prove his own work, and if your work is good then you will rejoice in it. (v.5) For every man shall bear his own burden. That’s right; every man must bear his own burden. You mean you thought that all you had to do was confess the name of Jesus and that was it?

Brothers and sisters you must work to get salvation. (v.7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. God is not to be played with. Whatsoever you plant, that’s what you are going to reap. Be it good works unto eternal life, or evil works unto eternal damnation. The choice is yours, and your works belong to you.