IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/5/2023 at 7:23 PM, FreeGrace said:

Would you please STOP ignoring my questions and just continue on as if I said nothing?  This is frustrating and doesn't advance the conversation.

I asked you a question.  Please answer it.  What kind of "death" is Paul referring to in Rom 6:23?

OK then, you don't believe what Jesus said.  Because in John 5:24 Jesus SAID that whoever believes HAS (=possesses) eternal life.  That would mean the MOMENT one becomes a believer, they possess the gift of eternal life.

Then, in John 10:28 Jesus SAID that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.  

Yet, you contradict Jesus and say "salvation is a work in progress and you must take it one day at a time".  That is a direct conflict with what Jesus SAID.

I believe what Jesus said and not what you keep saying.  You either don't know what Jesus said or you choose to NOT BELIEVE what He said.

No one ever says that.  But I don't know what you mean by "journey".  If salvation, then YES, you ARE saved the MOMENT you believe because Jesus SAID SO, so why don't you BELIEVE Him?

But if you mean the Christian life, we aren't done.  We're done when we die and our souls/spirits go to heaven.  No more life on earth.  And what we've done will be evaluated/judged at the Bema and will be rewarded or not, based on our deeds.  2 Cor 5:10

You have no idea what I've learned about God.  But I have a very good idea about what you DON'T KNOW  about God.  Because you've been telling me what you believe and by extention, what you DON'T BELIEVE.  And I have pointed out what you DON'T BELIEVE about what Jesus said.

You're really something.  You rant on about working for salvation, which is TOTALLY AGAINST what the Bible SAYS, and then you attack going to church on Sunday because of what God told the Jews in the OT to do.  

It is obvious you are quite limited in your knowledge of the Bible.  The reason NT believers worship on Sunday is because of the Resurrection of Christ.  That's why.  Your silly claim about Paul breaking bread being any kind of reason to worship on Sunday is just laughable.  Revealing how little you know.

I suggest you bone up on NT Christianity before you go wading into any Christian forum, because you really don't know what you are talking about.

Paul told you to; (2Tim. 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not man) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. You must rightfully divide the word of God, you must find out where every thing fits because fit it does.

When Paul talks about being saved, he’s speaking of the creation being save from hell fire. The Death that Adam cause the creation was the second death, not the first, there would not have been a white throne judgement if we didn't have grace. 

Meaning that all the Prophets and righteous people back then, would have been in the second death.  Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,469
  • Content Per Day:  8.05

54 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Paul told you to; (2Tim. 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not man) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. You must rightfully divide the word of God, you must find out where every thing fits because fit it does.

That's what I do.  Why aren't you?

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38).

That was said to Jews who SAW the miracles of Jesus and rejected His Deity.  What Peter said applies only to them.  

And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins.

It is wrong to claim that Jesus died only for "past sins".  Those who read and are familiar with Hebrews and have read chapters 7-10 KNOW that Jesus' sacrifice was "once and for ALL".  

There are no verses that say that Jesus only paid for "past sins".  That doesn't even make sense.  You and I weren't even born when Jesus died on the cross.  So how would He die ONLY for some of our sins.

You are full of false doctrine, sadly.  And you still didn't answer my question.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,495
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

There are no verses that say that Jesus only paid for "past sins".  That doesn't even make sense.  You and I weren't even born when Jesus died on the cross.  So how would He die ONLY for some of our sins.

Preach it brother!  In the sense of time, all sins we've committed have been future sins, as it relates to the cross!

• Well Said! 1

11 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

That's what I do.  Why aren't you?

That was said to Jews who SAW the miracles of Jesus and rejected His Deity.  What Peter said applies only to them.  

It is wrong to claim that Jesus died only for "past sins".  Those who read and are familiar with Hebrews and have read chapters 7-10 KNOW that Jesus' sacrifice was "once and for ALL".  

You are full of false doctrine, sadly.  And you still didn't answer my question.  

It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded you to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and you deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”. There's no other day to go to church on, but what's written in the Bible. So people have been taught to do the things thats not written in the Bible and to use the Bible to justify it.

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the Bible, but a lot of work get put into them. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and  don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Don't be deceived thinking you all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved? 

14 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different.

Your posts insinuate that salvation requires loving God.  Do you have any versess that say what you say?  You've quoted a lot of verses, but NONE of them mention salvation.

The Lord God commanded you to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and you deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”. There's no other day to go to church on, but what's written in the Bible. So people have been taught to do the things thats not written in the Bible and to use the Bible to justify it.

I've already addressed this straw man.  Keeping the 7th day "holy" was in the Law which was given to the JEWS.  It had nothing to do with "going to church".  In fact, in the OT, there were no churches.  Read Romans 3 regarding the Law and how it could not save anyone.

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

These challenges are for believers, those who are already saved.  

Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul.

Nope.  NONE gave up a lot "in exchange for their soul".  They suffered for the Lord and were promised eternal reward, which isn't salvation, but great blessings and reward IN eternity.

You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection.

1 Cor 15:23 says very clearly that all saved people will be resurrected at the Second Advent.  Not just those who had "great faith".

And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, I could go on and on.

Evangelical churches all meet on Sunday in honor of Christ's resurrection.  The Bible commands believers to meet together, so we meet when our churches are open.  Even though Christmas and Easter were originally pagan holidays, one would have to be delirious to be ignorant of the FACT that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ and Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of Christ.  

So what you are ranting on about "giving up some of the littlest things" is pure silliness.  

And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the Bible

I just pointed out your own error and the reality of these holidays.

, but a lot of work get put into them. But do they understand that they are offensive to God?

You want to know what really offends God?  All the legalism you rant on about and gross biblical ignorance.

Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and  don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Don't be deceived thinking you all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved? 

What you have no clue about is that both judgments, the Bema and GWT are about works.  However, NEITHER are about criteria for entering heaven.  Both are about what will be earned in eternity.

For the believer, the Bema will determine whether they have earned reward and how much, or not.

For the unbeliever, the GWT will determine how "bearable" or "tolerable" the LOF will be for them.  

22 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Your posts insinuate that salvation requires loving God.  Do you have any versess that say what you say?  You've quoted a lot of verses, but NONE of them mention salvation.

I've already addressed this straw man.  Keeping the 7th day "holy" was in the Law which was given to the JEWS.  It had nothing to do with "going to church".  In fact, in the OT, there were no churches.  Read Romans 3 regarding the Law and how it could not save anyone.

These challenges are for believers, those who are already saved.  

Nope.  NONE gave up a lot "in exchange for their soul".  They suffered for the Lord and were promised eternal reward, which isn't salvation, but great blessings and reward IN eternity.

1 Cor 15:23 says very clearly that all saved people will be resurrected at the Second Advent.  Not just those who had "great faith".

Evangelical churches all meet on Sunday in honor of Christ's resurrection.  The Bible commands believers to meet together, so we meet when our churches are open.  Even though Christmas and Easter were originally pagan holidays, one would have to be delirious to be ignorant of the FACT that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ and Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of Christ.  

So what you are ranting on about "giving up some of the littlest things" is pure silliness.  

I just pointed out your own error and the reality of these holidays.

You want to know what really offends God?  All the legalism you rant on about and gross biblical ignorance.

What you have no clue about is that both judgments, the Bema and GWT are about works.  However, NEITHER are about criteria for entering heaven.  Both are about what will be earned in eternity.

For the believer, the Bema will determine whether they have earned reward and how much, or not.

For the unbeliever, the GWT will determine how "bearable" or "tolerable" the LOF will be for them.  

Again many professing Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments. 

Even others lacking knowledge will say that we keep the first day of the week because Christ rose on that day or that the apostle Paul broke bread on the first day. No, Christ did not rise on Sunday that is yet another doctrine of the devil and I can prove that out of your bible without a shadow of doubt. And every day that Paul ate he broke bread what does that have to do with the Sabbath day. And as much as people try and make it seem, Paul writings in no way contradicts any writing of Jesus or the other disciple or apostles. The Lord had Peter to warn you regarding some of the writing of Paul: (2Peter3:15-16) (v.15) “even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;” (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. You need to have some pretty good understanding of the entire bible when you start to deal with Paul’s writing or you could get tied in knots.

People are always saying “but Paul said” well Paul said this to: (1 Cor.1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? If you are confused regarding a subject in the bible go and see what your Master has to say about the matter.

Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps. (1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day. Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1, 4, 11).

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

Again many professing Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments.

You are stuck in the wrong dispensation.  You need to graduate.

Have you forgotten that NO human being is able to keep all of the commandments?  That includes YOU.  Being guilty of one means you have broken the WHOLE law.

James 2:10 - For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

People are always saying “but Paul said” well Paul said this to: (1 Cor.1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? If you are confused regarding a subject in the bible go and see what your Master has to say about the matter.

When people quote Paul they are quoting the Bible.  Didn't you know that?

Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps.

This is true but not for salvation.  That would be works, which is opposed to grace.

(1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Once again, Luke and all the gospels were accounts of Jesus during His life on earth, which was under the Law.  None of those things are in play today.  You are in the wrong dispensation. 

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day. Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1, 4, 11).

You're just not listening, are you.

Being in the wrong dispensation is just one of your errors.  But you're not listening, so why do I bother?

23 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

You are stuck in the wrong dispensation.  You need to graduate.

Have you forgotten that NO human being is able to keep all of the commandments?  That includes YOU.  Being guilty of one means you have broken the WHOLE law.

James 2:10 - For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

When people quote Paul they are quoting the Bible.  Didn't you know that?

This is true but not for salvation.  That would be works, which is opposed to grace.

Once again, Luke and all the gospels were accounts of Jesus during His life on earth, which was under the Law.  None of those things are in play today.  You are in the wrong dispensation. 

You're just not listening, are you.

Being in the wrong dispensation is just one of your errors.  But you're not listening, so why do I bother?

Lets go into (James 2: (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. 

(v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. (v.26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. Take it or leave it, but this is the true uncut word of God. Just as the body is dead when you take away the spirit (breath) so faith is dead if you have no works. 

12 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Lets go into (James 2: (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. 

(v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith.

Of course believers need to demonstrate (prove) their faith.  When they aren't producing fruit, they aren't demonstrating (proving) their faith.

Does that mean they don't have faith?  No, it doesn't.  And that is the BIG LIE some pastors are teaching their naive congregations.

James wanted his audience of saved people (believers) to demonstrate their faith to others.  v.15-16 is an example of a lazy believer who is only paying lip service to those in need.  He is NOT demonstrating his faith to them or anyone else who is watching.

Does that mean he isnt saved. No, it means he is a hypocrite when he isn't demonstrating his faith to others.

(v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works.

No, you are still missing the point.  Faith and works SHOULD GO hand in hand.  That is exactly what James was saying.

In fact, v.18 is a challenge to anyone who has faith to demonstrate their faith by their works.  

(v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that?

Not only do I know this, I understand it, unlike yourself.  The word "dead" is used in the metaphorical sense of being barren or fruitless.  It doesn't mean a faith that doesn't save the soul.  That's just a very faulty assumption being peddled by a lot of pastors who have no clue as to the truth of the passage, and they are leading many naive believers astray, thinking they need works to complete their salvation, much like what you believe.

Has anybody ever read this verse to you?

Since I've been reading through the NT from Acts through Revelation MONTHLY for over 2 decades, I've been reading it to myself.  That means over 240 times, plus when I teach the truth to others.

How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work?

I will SAY it again.  You DON'T NEED WORK for salvation.  Period.  You DO NEED work to demonstrate your faith.

John said the same thing in 1 John 3:18 - Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Did John tie this verse into salvation?  Of course not.  Because it's not related to getting saved, as you keep thinking.

You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. (v.26)

In v.17 the Greek word is 'nekros' and means 'dead'.  However, it can be used either literally or figuratively for being non functional/fruitful.  In v.20 many translations have 'dead' but the Greek word is different, 'argos' and means useless, barren.  In v.26 'nekros' is used again.  So it is clear James was using 'nekros' figuratively for a faith that isn't producing observable fruit.  

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. Take it or leave it, but this is the true uncut word of God. Just as the body is dead when you take away the spirit (breath) so faith is dead if you have no works. 

And I have just correctly explained the "uncut word of God".  Do you have ears to hear it?

I've given you so many verses that clearly teach that it is faith without anything else that saves, yet you just keep plowing ahead, with your head down, eyes closed and ears stopped.

When are you going to take a break and actually LISTEN to the truth?

On 11/10/2023 at 7:08 AM, FreeGrace said:

Of course believers need to demonstrate (prove) their faith.  When they aren't producing fruit, they aren't demonstrating (proving) their faith.

Does that mean they don't have faith?  No, it doesn't.  And that is the BIG LIE some pastors are teaching their naive congregations.

James wanted his audience of saved people (believers) to demonstrate their faith to others.  v.15-16 is an example of a lazy believer who is only paying lip service to those in need.  He is NOT demonstrating his faith to them or anyone else who is watching.

Does that mean he isnt saved. No, it means he is a hypocrite when he isn't demonstrating his faith to others.

No, you are still missing the point.  Faith and works SHOULD GO hand in hand.  That is exactly what James was saying.

In fact, v.18 is a challenge to anyone who has faith to demonstrate their faith by their works.  

Not only do I know this, I understand it, unlike yourself.  The word "dead" is used in the metaphorical sense of being barren or fruitless.  It doesn't mean a faith that doesn't save the soul.  That's just a very faulty assumption being peddled by a lot of pastors who have no clue as to the truth of the passage, and they are leading many naive believers astray, thinking they need works to complete their salvation, much like what you believe.

Since I've been reading through the NT from Acts through Revelation MONTHLY for over 2 decades, I've been reading it to myself.  That means over 240 times, plus when I teach the truth to others.

I will SAY it again.  You DON'T NEED WORK for salvation.  Period.  You DO NEED work to demonstrate your faith.

John said the same thing in 1 John 3:18 - Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Did John tie this verse into salvation?  Of course not.  Because it's not related to getting saved, as you keep thinking.

In v.17 the Greek word is 'nekros' and means 'dead'.  However, it can be used either literally or figuratively for being non functional/fruitful.  In v.20 many translations have 'dead' but the Greek word is different, 'argos' and means useless, barren.  In v.26 'nekros' is used again.  So it is clear James was using 'nekros' figuratively for a faith that isn't producing observable fruit.  

And I have just correctly explained the "uncut word of God".  Do you have ears to hear it?

I've given you so many verses that clearly teach that it is faith without anything else that saves, yet you just keep plowing ahead, with your head down, eyes closed and ears stopped.

When are you going to take a break and actually LISTEN to the truth?

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.

Jesus said in (Matt. 19:16-17) (v.16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? That’s what we are all trying to obtain correct, eternal life? (v.17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Now if you want to enter into eternal life you most keep the commandments. Sounds like a little work to me.

Paul said in (Heb. 6:10-11) (v.10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. (v.11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to full assurance of hope unto the end: God is not going to forget your works, nor your labor of love toward his name. But you need to show these same works diligence to have full assurance of hope unto the end. Hope of what? Hope of eternal life. To the end of what? To the end of your life or to the coming of the Lord.