IGNORED

Faith based tattoo question

farouk

Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?

• Yes, it is or would likely be faith-based
    • No, it does not/would not/no tattoos received or planned
    • I'm open to the idea but am not quite sure yet
    • Rather not say

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/10/2024 at 01:48 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll.

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:49 AM, Coruscating said:

God knows the heart, I don't

PS: @Coruscating

The Mirror is a British paper, right?

Seems like it's becoming really widespread over there also as a means of expression, anyway:

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."

James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

(Some would likely be faith-based, anyhow.)

• Thanks 1

@Coruscating You would know of the Mirror, anyway, where the article was.

23 hours ago, NConly said:

Yes by the time I say "lets do this" I will be sure. Have not found them yet though.

@NConly Yes, hope it turns out much better next time.

Hi @TrueFollowerOfChrist

"It's a tattoo earthly? So is eating and sleeping, and working, etc. Do you avoid those as well? The term early in scripture simply means someone not done for God's glory. A tattoo can certainly be for God's glory, therefore not all tattoos are earthly."

Re. what you said, especially in some areas, a lot of Christians would likely agree with you totally:

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Seems like the parlor visit, especially among the younger generation for something potentially witness-friendly to be rammed in, would be regarded as something nice rather than something nasty. (I'm sure you agree that this perception would be the case, right?)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, farouk said:

Hi @TrueFollowerOfChrist

"It's a tattoo earthly? So is eating and sleeping, and working, etc. Do you avoid those as well? The term early in scripture simply means someone not done for God's glory. A tattoo can certainly be for God's glory, therefore not all tattoos are earthly."

Re. what you said, especially in some areas, a lot of Christians would likely agree with you totally:

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Seems like the parlor visit, especially among the younger generation for something potentially witness-friendly to be rammed in, would be regarded as something nice rather than something nasty. (I'm sure you agree that this perception would be the case, right?)

I'm a bit confused. You didn't seem to quote me directly and I haven't said anything on this thread in quite awhile. But in an attempt to answer you, I have no problem at all with tattoos. Yes they can glorify God and be used for his glory. The subject of the tattoo is what's either sinful or not. The word worldly as I understand it simply means something that doesn't specifically glorify God. But God tells us to do EVERYTHING for his glory, so you can eat, sleep, drive, and get tattoos for his glory. I hope that answered what you were talking about.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm a bit confused. You didn't seem to quote me directly and I haven't said anything on this thread in quite awhile. But in an attempt to answer you, I have no problem at all with tattoos. Yes they can glorify God and be used for his glory. The subject of the tattoo is what's either sinful or not. The word worldly as I understand it simply means something that doesn't specifically glorify God. But God tells us to do EVERYTHING for his glory, so you can eat, sleep, drive, and get tattoos for his glory. I hope that answered what you were talking about.

@TrueFollowerOfChrist Oh well general point there, really. Thanks.

Since the most conservative of ppl seem to have it done so confidently and Bible verse quotes are so in demand, I wonder even if it would be a good idea for more Christians to work as tattoo artists?

GodsGrace said:

almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types. christianityboard dot com

(Some might not agree with the idea of Christians learning the tattoo artist trade. Others might.)

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 6:19 PM, deva1 said:

Didn't realise that faith ones were becoming more popular though. Not my thing but that's just my opinion. 

Hi @deva1 . You as a veteran of the dermatology scene would I guess know more than a lot of ppl about tattoos.

Some Christians report that having their dermis rammed with something faith based makes them feel good. I wouldn't go a lot on feelings. But from a practical perspective it seems to be a really effective and encouraging conversation starter. (I guess you might relate just a tiny bit to this?)

I felt good about it. ..I was 50 when I had mine done, and two of my sons had various tattoos long before me.. their mum, at the age of 50, ..getting a tattoo - they thought it was ' cool '..I made the decision with a mature head on my shoulders.

..shortly after getting my tattoo done .. the dentist ask me about it - it opened up a conversation that would not have come about at all..I honestly felt OK about getting the tattoo in the first place.( I had weighed everything up , talked to my pastor, reflected on scripture ) The conversation surprised me, and it did serve as an encouragment at the time. I have had quite a few conversations at work when people notice it. 

christianityboard dot com

These days ppl do need a lot of wholesome encouragement, anyway.

( cc @Coruscating )

Edited by farouk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:23 PM, NConly said:

the pic should me copied onto skin not hand drawn.

Hi @NConly Yes, you feeling good about is linked with you being in charge of the procedure as you want it. If it's a mature and deliberate choice it needs to be driven by you.

I felt good about it. ..I was 50 when I had mine done, and two of my sons had various tattoos long before me.. their mum, at the age of 50, ..getting a tattoo - they thought it was ' cool '..I made the decision with a mature head on my shoulders. ..I had weighed everything up , talked to my pastor, reflected on scripture   christianityboard dot com

Good if more ppl understood this.

• Thumbs Up 1

PS; @Coruscating Just saying thank-you for your comment about tattoos which I saw on the other thread.

Among the really conservative over here it's really widespread.

juliannenw said:

I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person..a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working

allnurses dot com

godlywoman413 said:

"I have some tattoos that I had gotten as a younger person. Mine are not anything questionable."

• Thanks 1