• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.53
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, farouk said:

@itty-bitty lamb Well, this is what happens sometimes; an application is issued and ppl flock to use it and then the company starts charging for it...........kind of, Was this in their strategy all the time?

It is still free with many bible versions available for free, the only ones that need to be purchased are the currently copyrighted translations that are not available in the public domain.

Rick Myers has done a great deal of work on this over the last 20+ years and I doubt he has made much, if any money from it since very few people that use it make a donation of any amount to support it.

Download a copy and check it out (and consider making a donation if you find it worthwhile and want to use it).

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/24/2023 at 7:51 AM, farouk said:

@itty-bitty lamb Well, this is what happens sometimes; an application is issued and ppl flock to use it and then the company starts charging for it...........kind of, Was this in their strategy all the time?

This is true in the majority of cases, but i feel E-sword is an exception. Like FJK pointed out the Bible versions not for free are under copyright laws. my memory is bad, but for some reason i just don't remember needing to purchase any of the versions when i was using the program about 18 years ago... 

i don't believe the creator of E-sword has found an investment return, but even if he did come out in the positive numbers somehow i feel it does not equate to the time and energy he has devoted to the program. 

Have you used E-sword any before? i really do like it a lot. It gets the job done. i remember enjoying the note-taking capabilities it gave me, verse by verse.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

40 minutes ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

This is true in the majority of cases, but i feel E-sword is an exception. Like FJK pointed out the Bible versions not for free are under copyright laws. my memory is bad, but for some reason i just don't remember needing to purchase any of the versions when i was using the program about 18 years ago... 

i don't believe the creator of E-sword has found an investment return, but even if he did come out in the positive numbers somehow i feel it does not equate to the time and energy he has devoted to the program. 

Have you used E-sword any before? i really do like it a lot. It gets the job done. i remember enjoying the note-taking capabilities it gave me, verse by verse.

@itty-bitty lamb I don't recall using it.......

Of course, not all groups and companies are the same in their strategies.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, FJK said:

It is still free with many bible versions available for free, the only ones that need to be purchased are the currently copyrighted translations that are not available in the public domain.

Rick Myers has done a great deal of work on this over the last 20+ years and I doubt he has made much, if any money from it since very few people that use it make a donation of any amount to support it.

Download a copy and check it out (and consider making a donation if you find it worthwhile and want to use it).

Hi @FJK A great advantage - among others - is that in the US the KJV is not copyrighted.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.53
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Hi @FJK A great advantage - among others - is that in the US the KJV is not copyrighted.

I'm setting up a new computer and just installed e-Sword on it, now I have something like 40+ different translations to compare instantly at the click of my mouse, a true tool for serious study.  Haven't gotten to including all the commentaries yet so I don't know how many are currently available for free, there is much more available now than last time I installed it on my other computer, and free as well.

23 minutes ago, FJK said:

I'm setting up a new computer and just installed e-Sword on it, now I have something like 40+ different translations to compare instantly at the click of my mouse, a true tool for serious study.  Haven't gotten to including all the commentaries yet so I don't know how many are currently available for free, there is much more available now than last time I installed it on my other computer, and free as well.

I can't remember how to spell 'cornucopia' but this is what it sounds likes, as regards resources for Bible study....

• Thumbs Up 1