• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, anyone can be restored!

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

There is a fascinating true story about the Apostle John narrated by the early church "Father", Eusebius, well worth reading.

The account goes that the elderly John took an affection and interest in a young man from Ephesus and subsequently entrusted him to the care of a bishop in the vicinity, and that, after a season, this young man became entangled with a band of criminals, and was corrupted by them, finally becoming their leader. When John returned after some time to search for the young man, expecting to find him spiritually well and maturing, the bishop despondently informed John of his fate.

Eusebius wrote, "The apostle tore his clothing, beat his head, and groaned, 'A fine guardian I left for our brother's soul! But get me a horse and someone show me the way.' He rode off from the church, just as he was. When he arrived at the hideout and was seized by the outlaws' sentries, he shouted, 'This is what I have come for, take me to your leader!'"

"When John approached and the young leader recognized him, he turned and fled in shame. But John ran after him as hard as he could, forgetting his age, and calling out, 'Why are you running away from me, child – from your own father, unarmed and old? Pity me, child, don't fear me! I will give account to Christ for you, and if necessary, gladly suffer death and give my life for yours as the Lord suffered death for us. Stop! Believe! Christ sent me.'"

"The young man stopped, stared at the ground, threw down his weapons and wept bitterly. Flinging his arms around the old man, he begged forgiveness, baptized a second time with his own tears…[John] led him back and did not leave him until – through prayer, fasting, and instruction – he restored him to the church."

What an awesome story! I've used this story many times when talking to the despondent backslider who believes he can no longer be forgiven.

Friend, be an example of His love! No matter how far someone believes he has strayed from or even deserted the Lord – he can always be restored! Perhaps, while reading this message, the Lord is reminding you of a person with whom you can share this story. Just possibly, you are the one that God wants to use to bring about his/her restoration. If so, I trust that reading of the Apostle John's loving example, you've been inspired by the compassion and grace the Lord Himself feels toward His "prodigals" and moved by His Spirit to go out in faith...and rescue the lost sheep!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: The Apple App Store has given the green light to our upgrade! If you haven't installed our Worthy News App on either Android or Apple devices, you can download it today. We've designed it to allow you to follow up to 50 different news sites within our app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And the best part? It's completely free!

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: If you have a desire to contribute to the support of Israel, we've established a dedicated fund where every dollar you contribute will go towards supporting helping Israeli believers in Yeshua.

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
IAEA Fails to Adopt Resolution on Iran’s Nuclear Program Amid Fears of Escalating Middle East Conflict
Last week, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) criticized Iran for its lack of cooperation with the U.N. agency regarding its nuclear program. However, the IAEA refrained from taking more decisive action, citing concerns about triggering a potential counter-reaction from Iran.
Damascus Airport Experiences Operational Disruption Again Following Alleged Bombing by Israel Shortly After Resuming Services
Alleged Israeli airstrikes on Sunday rendered Damascus airport inoperative just hours after the resumption of flights, following a similar attack last month, according to a war monitor. State media also confirmed the incident.
Ballistic missiles fired from Houthi-controlled Yemen at USS Mason rescuing ‘Israel-linked’ tanker
Two ballistic missiles, fired from Houthi-controlled Yemen, landed near a U.S. warship providing assistance to a tanker in the Gulf of Aden that was under threat of hijacking by armed gunmen.
US Navy Stops Gunmen’s Attempt to Hijack Israel-Linked Tanker off Yemen
A distress call from a commercial tanker seized by armed individuals in the Gulf of Aden prompted a response from a U.S. Navy warship. Thanks to the swift action by the U.S. Navy, the vessel is now secure, U.S. officials said on Sunday.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
11 Released Israeli Hostages On Way To Israel
Israel’s military said Monday that 11 hostages, including two mothers and nine children, were en route to Israel after being released by Hamas, seen as a terrorist group by the West.

Inside the United States
Idaho Petitions Supreme Court to Block Lower Court’s Ruling Against Pro-Life Law
Idaho urgently filed an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court. This action was prompted by a lower court's agreement with the Biden administration's position that the state is required to allow abortions under certain circumstances.
Over 2,500 NYPD Officers Abruptly Resign
New York's police force is experiencing a rapid departure of officers, with data revealing an alarming rate of resignations. Concerns heightened among some officers as the city intended to cancel the following five Police Academy classes, potentially reducing the nation's most significant police force to its smallest size in decades.

Christian News
Belarus Pentecostals Appeal Against Liquidation
One of the largest Pentecostal congregations in autocratically-ruled Belarus has appealed against plans by authorities to “liquidate” the church after already destroying its building.
Arizona: Street Evangelist Showing Signs of Recovery After Shooting Attack, “We’re Never Going to Stop Outreaching and Sharing the Gospel”
Street evangelist Hans Schmidt, who was shot in the head while preaching in Arizona earlier this month, is showing signs of recovery, the Christian Post reports. A father of two, Schmidt was gunned down while sharing the Gospel on the corner of 51st Avenue and Peoria in Arizona’s Glendale on Nov. 15.
Christian Schoolboy Escapes From Muslim Kidnappers In Nigeria
A Christian schoolboy was back with his family in Nigeria on Monday after escaping from Muslim kidnappers who tried to force him to convert to Islam, well-informed Christians said.

View the full article