• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

You know, the Bible never says anger is a sin, it's what we do in our anger. 

Men are naturally, more aggressive in how they show their anger. And if they don't learn to control it, it's unhealthy.

Most Christians answer to their anger and aggression is to bottle it up, tamp it down and pray God cures them if it.

And it's rarely effective. Because what happens is usually they bottle it up until they blow up.

A better way to handle it is to learn to channel it. I'm a member of a Facebook group titled "the league of savage gentleman" and it's a group of men who are working on doing just that, being able to control their aggression constructively so that they can control it. If they can control it they know when to respond like a gentleman, and when to let the savage side out if necessary.

And they discuss many ways. Many of them turn to martial arts.

Others into woodwork, art, and other stuff.

I realize it's not a Christian page, but the concept isn't a bad one. God made man with a purpose and he made us the way we are. Instead of bottling our anger we need to learn how to properly channel our aggression in a proper way. Hobbies, whatever. If we can get that aggression out of our system in a positive manner, were more likely to keep our cool when met with difficult people or situations.

For me, it's spending time in the outdoors, usually with firearms, target shooting, hunting, fishing, whatever.

It maybe something totally different for you, but whatever it is, include God.

Hi Patriot 

Great response thank you :)... I find personally i only lose 'control' when i get 'outraged' .. Like if my life is put at risk by someone elses impatience or if i am attacked for no good reason.. The last one is not always the case but rarely sometimes :) ... And as you said which i like is that men have this nature it is Gods design.. (My words) .. It is always situational and if it leads to regret then was a wrong response.. But if it leads to something good which seems to always gappen for me then it is the appropriate choice... !!?? In my humble opinion :)

Thanks Patriot

Mike

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

7 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi Patriot 

Great response thank you :)... I find personally i only lose 'control' when i get 'outraged' .. Like if my life is put at risk by someone elses impatience or if i am attacked for no good reason.. The last one is not always the case but rarely sometimes :) ... And as you said which i like is that men have this nature it is Gods design.. (My words) .. It is always situational and if it leads to regret then was a wrong response.. But if it leads to something good which seems to always gappen for me then it is the appropriate choice... !!?? In my humble opinion :)

Thanks Patriot

Mike

We all do that -react in the moment. However I've found if I don't have an outlet, these reactions happen more often. I'm far more likely to react in the moment. 

A lot of the men in the Facebook group I'm in prefer MMA or other forms of martial arts, because not only does it give them a release but it teaches discipline, and it's discipline that helps us keep that cool in the moment and react in an appropriate manner.

• Loved it! 1

13 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

We all do that -react in the moment. However I've found if I don't have an outlet, these reactions happen more often. I'm far more likely to react in the moment. 

A lot of the men in the Facebook group I'm in prefer MMA or other forms of martial arts, because not only does it give them a release but it teaches discipline, and it's discipline that helps us keep that cool in the moment and react in an appropriate manner.

Hi Pat

I understand.. When i was a younger bloke i did martial arts for years.. I did judo and muay thai boxing.. To me it was for the express reason of venting and mostly fitness.. I agree men are different to women and we are not expected to respond or react the same to situations... For me nowdays i seem to be a pushover to some would be tough guys.. And good for tgem if they get away with it because i truly am a nice guy becayse Jesus in me.. Just rarely i get 'outraged' then all bets are off ... God gets outraged Moses gets outraged Jesus git outraged.. I cant say it is wrong especially when it is no longer 'natural' but responsive and not reactive.. I dont feel it is wrong because i drive a truck and to survive here and flourish  is to be yourself... Either the kind that runs away to live another day or the kind that last resort is to engage... I am so thankful for your input Pat.. God bless you always

Mike

On 12/9/2023 at 11:10 AM, 2404 said:

Last 4 digits of my old phone number lol.

đŸ™‚ cool

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

On 12/8/2023 at 9:18 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

You know, the Bible never says anger is a sin, it's what we do in our anger. 

Men are naturally, more aggressive in how they show their anger. And if they don't learn to control it, it's unhealthy.

Most Christians answer to their anger and aggression is to bottle it up, tamp it down and pray God cures them if it.

And it's rarely effective. Because what happens is usually they bottle it up until they blow up.

A better way to handle it is to learn to channel it. I'm a member of a Facebook group titled "the league of savage gentleman" and it's a group of men who are working on doing just that, being able to control their aggression constructively so that they can control it. If they can control it they know when to respond like a gentleman, and when to let the savage side out if necessary.

And they discuss many ways. Many of them turn to martial arts.

Others into woodwork, art, and other stuff.

I realize it's not a Christian page, but the concept isn't a bad one. God made man with a purpose and he made us the way we are. Instead of bottling our anger we need to learn how to properly channel our aggression in a proper way. Hobbies, whatever. If we can get that aggression out of our system in a positive manner, were more likely to keep our cool when met with difficult people or situations.

For me, it's spending time in the outdoors, usually with firearms, target shooting, hunting, fishing, whatever.

It maybe something totally different for you, but whatever it is, include God.

what happened to buy an old car and when angry beat on it with a sledge hammer to release the anger?

3 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi Pat

I understand.. When i was a younger bloke i did martial arts for years.. I did judo and muay thai boxing.. To me it was for the express reason of venting and mostly fitness.. I agree men are different to women and we are not expected to respond or react the same to situations... For me nowdays i seem to be a pushover to some would be tough guys.. And good for tgem if they get away with it because i truly am a nice guy becayse Jesus in me.. Just rarely i get 'outraged' then all bets are off ... God gets outraged Moses gets outraged Jesus git outraged.. I cant say it is wrong especially when it is no longer 'natural' but responsive and not reactive.. I dont feel it is wrong because i drive a truck and to survive here and flourish  is to be yourself... Either the kind that runs away to live another day or the kind that last resort is to engage... I am so thankful for your input Pat.. God bless you always

Mike

Spent most of my adult career behind the wheel of a big rig...and largely in the oil fields. Oil field, where I'm at eats people alive. It's not fight or flight...you want to make it your only option is fight. A wise oil field hand just learns the  how and when. Eats a lot of people alive. I totally get where your coming from. Just remember, don't beat yourself up because you make mistakes, we all do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, NConly said:

what happened to buy an old car and when angry beat on it with a sledge hammer to release the anger?

Sounds expensive...but then again the cost of ammo these days isn't exactly cheap lol. $100 used to keep me going all afternoon at the local prairie dog field...now I can burn through $100 of ammo in less than an hour lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, NConly said:

@NConly Well.....I've heard of stock car racing, I suppose.....a car needs to be beaten up first for that purpose...........

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

10 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Well.....I've heard of stock car racing, I suppose.....a car needs to be beaten up first for that purpose...........

it was a thing at county fair once upon a time. college teams have done it before games

Edited by NConly
add

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

5 minutes ago, NConly said:

it was a thing at county fair once upon a time. college teams have done it before games

@NConly It might superficially give the appearance of smashing up a car but it's done to make it more rugged and suitable for the competition, right?