• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, oh baby!

Genesis 16:1-2 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar. And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.

The baby that came into the world through the scenario above was named Ishmael. According to Islamic belief, it was Ishmael that was offered as a sacrifice by Abraham, and through him that they became the rightful inheritors of the promises of God. In other words, Ishmael was the seed through which Islam was born. Hmmm.

Sometimes God allows us to be in a barren place for a purpose. Perhaps we're longing for a child, a spouse, a house, a job, a ministry, a new church building, a trip we've wanted to take. Whatever it is, we have to remember that God has His perfect purposes for these difficult times!

When we go ahead of God, we make babies born in the flesh just like Ishmael. But when we wait for God's perfectly appointed time, a baby is born in the Spirit. That's what I want. I want to do things in God's timing -- not my own! I want the Lord to develop the patience in me that can wait for His perfect will to be done! How about you?

Friend, we all face hardships and difficult decisions. God has given us the power to do things in our flesh to acquire them -- and let me tell you, sometimes I sure do wish He hadn't. But let's give these things to the Lord today and allow Him to provide for us in His perfect way and timing. Then we're birthing something special! Have a great weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: The Apple App Store has given the green light to our upgrade! If you haven't installed our Worthy News App on either Android or Apple devices, you can download it today. We've designed it to allow you to follow up to 50 different news sites within our app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And the best part? It's completely free!

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: If you have a desire to contribute to the support of Israel, we've established a dedicated fund where every dollar you contribute will go towards supporting helping Israeli believers in Yeshua.

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
Ukraine Kills Five Russian Officials As NATO Gathers (Worthy News Radio)
Ukraine says it has killed five high-ranking Russian officials in an area that Russia's military has partly occupied. The strike comes as Russia's invasion of Ukraine has entered its 22nd month and the NATO military alliance halting talks on the challenges ahead.
Russian Supreme Court Bans ‘LGBT Movement’ and Labels Activism as ‘Extremist’
The Russian Supreme Court, in a lawsuit with no defendants, has ruled in favor of designating the "international LGBT social movement" as extremist.
US, South Korea Fail To Kill North Korea Leader, Plot Details Show
American and South Korean intelligence agencies supported a plot to “assassinate” North Korea’s strongman Kim Jong-un with a “biochemical weapon, several sources close to the failed plan say.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
8 More Hostages Freed Thursday Night
On Thursday, Hamas released eight Israeli hostages, constituting the seventh group of individuals freed by the terrorist organization as part of a ceasefire agreement with Israel.
Hamas To Release Additional Hostages
Hamas said Thursday that 10 more Israeli hostages would be released from the Gaza Strip late Thursday, two of them also holding Russian citizenship, as part of a one-day truce extension.
Several Killed, Injured In Jerusalem Shooting Attack: Soldiers Injured
At least three people, including a rabbi, were killed and five others wounded in a shooting attack at the entrance to Jerusalem for which Hamas claimed responsibility.

Inside the United States
Republicans Push For Border Policy Reforms in Exchange For Ukraine, Israel Wars Funding
At the behest of Republicans alarmed at the record numbers of migrants arriving at the US southern border, a bipartisan core group of senators is now considering a deal that would only allow the Biden administration's $106 billion year-end request for Ukraine, Israel, and national security needs in exchange for substantial changes for the asylum process, the Associated Press reports.
US Economy Exceeds Expectations in 3rd Quarter; However, Income Numbers Paint a Different Picture
According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis' second estimate on Wednesday, real U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 5.2% in the third quarter of 2023. However, the figures are somewhat skewed, as the real gross domestic income (GDI) rate only increased by 1.5%, indicating that the U.S. economy only expanded moderately.
Former President Trump “Breaching” Court Ruling
Former U.S. President Donald J. Trump came under growing pressure Thursday after being accused of breaching a court ruling by using his company’s funds to pay his tax and legal bills.
Record-High U.S. Suicide Rates in 2022
Suicide rates in the U.S. reached all-time highs in 2022, more than any year on record since 1941, according to provisional data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Henry Kissinger, America’s Controversial Statesman, Dies At 100
Henry Kissinger, America’s famous and arguably most controversial former secretary of state and national security adviser who advised numerous presidents, has died at the age of 100.

Christian News
Christian School Sues Vermont After Being Excluded From Tuition and Sports Programs for its Religious Beliefs on LGBT Issues
A Christian school in Vermont is suing the state’s education officials for unlawful discrimination after it was excluded from participating in a state tuition program and in school athletics over its conservative religious views on sexual orientation and gender identity, the Christian Post (CP) reports.
Nigeria: At Least 10 Christians Slaughtered in Taraba State
At least ten Christians were murdered in northeastern Nigeria last week when suspected radicalized Islamic Fulani herdsmen attacked villages in Taraba state, Morning Star News (MSN) reports.
Abducted German Missionary Priest Released After One Year In Captivity
A German missionary priest who was abducted by Islamic militants in Mali over a year ago has been released and returned to Germany, Catholic and German officials say.

View the full article