WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, God is not finished with the Jewish people, or with you!

Jeremiah 31:31-33 "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah -- not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

As I traveled across the U.S., I occasionally came across individuals who didn't believe that Israel and the Jewish people were relevant to God's redemptive plan. Amazed, I would show them this passage in Jeremiah foretelling how God would make a 'New Covenant' with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah! This scripture, an Old Testament foundation for our entire New Testament, was addressed to the two houses of Israel, yet its fulfillment in the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) was received by only a (significant) remnant of them, at His first coming.

The apostle Paul, however, unequivocally affirms that this initial remnant of saved Israel carried the Messianic revelation to the entire world and that revelation would eventually be returned to the Jewish people in full measure;

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins." [Romans 11:25-27]

And interestingly, Israel's future inheritance in the New Covenant is highlighted as well by ancient rabbinical commentary on Jeremiah 31:31-32;

"When the time of the advent of the Messiah will be near, then the blessed God will say to him: 'With him I will make a new covenant. And this is the time I will acknowledge Him as my son, saying 'This day have I begotten thee.' [Midrash Tehelim, 3:4]

Indeed ancient rabbis saw in this scripture that the new covenant was connected to Psalm 2 and would be ushered in by the Messiah, who would be God's own son.....hmmm.

Another ancient rabbinical commentary on Jeremiah 31:31,32 says, "He will sit and expound the new Torah (teaching or instruction) which He will give through the Messiah." [Midrash Talpiot 58a]

So the testimony of Yeshua, the Son of God, came through the Tenach (Old Testament), Moses, the Prophets and Psalms, which are the scriptures of the Jewish people, and is even supported by rabbinical commentaries. In addition, the entire New Testament (with the possible exception of Luke) was written by Jews. This people, blessed of God in so many ways, and chastened accordingly for their disobedience, is still quite relevant to God's plans. His "gifts and callings are irrevocable" [Romans 11:29].

Friend, God is not finished with Israel or the Jewish people. And thank and praise Him for the faithfulness of that promise, because if He remains faithful to such a disobedient nation, He will also remain faithful to all those called and chosen through the revelation of Israel's Messiah...you and me.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: The Apple App Store has given the green light to our upgrade! If you haven't installed our Worthy News App on either Android or Apple devices, you can download it today. We've designed it to allow you to follow up to 50 different news sites within our app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And the best part? It's completely free!

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: If you have a desire to contribute to the support of Israel, we've established a dedicated fund where every dollar you contribute will go towards supporting helping Israeli believers in Yeshua.

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
Russia Has Suffered Massive Losses, U.S. Intelligence Says
According to a newly declassified U.S. intelligence report presented to Congress, the conflict in Ukraine has severely impacted Russia's military capabilities. The report indicates that close to 90% of Russia's prewar army has been diminished due to casualties or injuries, and thousands of its battle tanks have been destroyed, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Russia Inaugurates New Nuclear Submarines
Russia’s president has inaugurated two new nuclear submarines after announcing he would run for re-election in March.
US To Use Sweden’s Bases Ahead Of NATO Membership
Sweden has signed a defense cooperation accord with Washington that will allow the United States to use all military bases in the Scandinavian country that seeks to join the NATO military alliance.
Missile Attack on Tanker in Red Sea by Yemen’s Houthi Rebels
The U.S. military reported on Tuesday morning that an anti-ship cruise missile hit a commercial ship on Monday evening. The missile was launched from a region in Yemen controlled by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels. This incident is part of a series of recent attacks at an important maritime chokepoint in the Red Sea.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Israel Under World Pressure To End War Against Hamas
Israel came under more world pressure Wednesday after the United Nations General Assembly and even its ally, the United States, criticized the Jewish nation’s military operations against Hamas in Gaza.
Netanyahu Declares: ‘Gaza Will Not Become Hamastan or Fatahstan’
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has expressed opposition to the United States' proposals to install a reformed Palestinian Authority in Gaza following the completion of Israel's military operation to remove Hamas from the Strip.

Inside the United States
Speaker Johnson Withdraws FISA Reform Legislation, Announces House Will Extend Authorization
House Speaker Mike Johnson announced on Tuesday that following the withdrawal of competing bills to reform and extend the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), Congress will opt for a temporary extension to adhere to its December 31 expiration date.
Supreme Court Responds to Special Counsel’s Request Regarding Trump’s Claim of Immunity
On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court directed former President Donald Trump to submit a response to special counsel Jack Smith's request for an expedited decision regarding the defense's appeal to claim presidential immunity for the charges Trump faces regarding his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.
Republican Impeachment Inquiry to be Voted on This Week
House Republican leadership announced Tuesday that they would bring the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden to the House floor, likely Wednesday, for an official vote.
U.S. Constructing ‘Virtual Border Wall’ with Advanced AI Technology
The U.S. government is constructing a 'virtual wall' on the southern border by deploying multiple sophisticated surveillance towers, with some employing artificial intelligence, as part of an effort to manage the nation's border, according to a report in Axios.

Christian News
China: Authorities Arrest Church Leaders, Try to Block Online Prayer
The long-persecuted Early Rain Covenant Church (ERCC) in China’s Sichuan Province has been subjected to further intense persecution from Chinese authorities who arrested and detained church leaders and sought to block an important online prayer meeting on 9 December 2023, Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) reports.
Uganda: IS-Affiliated Terrorists Attack Christian Community, Hack Woman to Death, Kidnap Man
Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) incorporated into Islamic State are believed to have carried out an attack on a Christian community in western Uganda last week, in which they hacked a woman to death with an ax, severely injured her nephew, and kidnapped another man, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports.
Kenya: Al-Shabaab Jihadists Continue slaughter of Christians in Lamu West
Less than two weeks after suspected al-Shabaab jihadists beheaded a 72-year-old Christian man in Kenya’s Lamu West County, terrorists kidnapped and murdered a 60-year-old Christian man in the same area on Dec. 5, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports.
Myanmar: Military Junta Has Destroyed Over 70 churches, Arrested Dozens of Christians
Since overthrowing Myanmar’s democratically elected government and launching a fresh civil war in February 2021, the Burmese Tatmadaw military junta has destroyed 74 churches and arrested 42 Christians, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports.

View the full article