secondtimearound

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday, I was parking my car in a public parking lot, and as I walked towards one of

the stores, a stranger came up to me. He was perhaps close to my age and he looked

sincere when he talked to me. He said something like the following...

Please help me, I need some help. I need some money. I have nothing, and I am very hungry, and

in need of a meal. Please help me!

As I said he looked very sincere. The problem was I had my charge card on me, but I had no cash of

any kind on me. Not even a dime. There was no way I could help him. Christians should try to help people

in trouble, but this time I could think of no way to help so I said the following.

"Oh, no! I have no money at all on me and so I can not help you. But if you see me again, ask me again to help you,

and I will help you if I have some money then." He did not reply, but I was sorry that I could not help him.

I pray that he will be OK. I hope he found some one near by who could help me. Maybe I should try to always

have some money on my in case I meet some one like this again? May the Lord guide us all.

Edited by secondtimearound
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77

1 hour ago, secondtimearound said:

Yesterday, I was parking my car in a public parking lot, and as I walked towards one of

the stores, a stranger came up to me. He was perhaps close to my age and he looked

sincere when he talked to me. He said something like the following...

Please help me, I need some help. I need some money. I have nothing, and I am very hungry, and

in meed of a meal. Please help me!

As I said he looked very sincere. The problem was I had my charge card on me, but I had no cash of

any kind on me. Not even a dime. There was no way I could help him. Christians should try to help people

in trouble, but this time I could think of no way to help so I said the following.

"Oh, no! I have no money at all on me and so I can not help you. But if you see me again, ask me again to help you,

and I will help you if I have some money then." He did not reply, but I was sorry that I could not help him.

I pray that he will be OK. I hope he found some one near by who could help me. Maybe I should try to always

have some money on my in case I meet some one like this again? May the Lord guide us all.

it is best to walk them to a fast food and charge their meal. In many cases

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I was in a hurry to help my wife in a nearby store, and there was no fast food place nearby,

so I was sorry, but I felt I could not help him at that time. I was also sort of in shock because

it had been a long time since anyone asked me for money.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, secondtimearound said:

Yes, I was in a hurry to help my wife in a nearby store, and there was no fast food place nearby,

so I was sorry, but I felt I could not help him at that time. I was also sort of in shock because

it had been a long time since anyone asked me for money.

I try to help also but have found it is best to pay for their food (when possible)rather than give money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I understand that it is safer to buy them food, not just give them money because we

do not know them, and they may just use the money for some evil purpose if we just

do that. For someone mostly in need of food, I plan on giving them money

to buy a large fast food meal, but not enough to misuse it. Like maybe $20-$30.

Does this sound OK? Yes, we have to use wisdom so our gift will not do more harm than good.

1 hour ago, secondtimearound said:

Yes, I understand that it is safer to buy them food, not just give them money because we

do not know them, and they may just use the money for some evil purpose if we just

do that. For someone mostly in need of food, I plan on giving them money

to buy a large fast food meal, but not enough to misuse it. Like maybe $20-$30.

Does this sound OK? Yes, we have to use wisdom so our gift will not do more harm than good.

We each have to do as we fill right. I can not tell you what is right for you. On more than one occasion I gave money to some one in a fast food parking lot for food and they left with the money

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

34 minutes ago, NConly said:

We each have to do as we fill right. I can not tell you what is right for you. On more than one occasion I gave money to some one in a fast food parking lot for food and they left with the money

Once a guy asked for money at the bus stop. He didn't even do the effort to pretend he used it for food. He walked straight to the other side to a coffee shop. Coffee shops in Holland don't sell coffee but pot.

• Thumbs Up 1