• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,469
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, be a hearer -- and a doer!

Matthew 12:46-50 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to speak with you. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 8:19-21 Then came to him his mother and his brothers, and could not reach him for the crowd. And it was told him by some who said, Your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to see you. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God, and do it.

When I teach about "understanding the will of God," I'd like to talk about a story that is told in all the synoptic gospels, except that Luke's account gives a significant nuance. (Many skeptical Bible "critics" point out differences in the gospels to argue that they can't be reliable -- yet it's actually the differences that support the validity of these accounts because they reveal that the events recorded were simply experienced and told from slightly different viewpoints, a very common circumstance when people are telling a story.)

The gospels of Matthew and Mark give an account of the Lord's mother and brothers arriving to see Him and wanting to speak with Him, though they were hindered because there were so many people around Him. Yeshua (Jesus) takes this opportunity to define a broad new "family" principle when He says, "... whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." But Luke's account adds something, "those who hear the word of God and do it!"

The word of God is going out across the whole world, and many are hearing it. Those who are acting on what it says are defined as the true family of Yeshua!

Friend, here, then, is another simple approach to living in the will of God. Read His Word -- and don't be a hearer only -- but be a doer who acts according to what he hears or reads. If you do, you reveal that you are a close relative of the Son of God, and that's a relationship better than any other in the world!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: The Apple App Store has given the green light to our upgrade! If you haven't installed our Worthy News App on either Android or Apple devices, you can download it today. We've designed it to allow you to follow up to 50 different news sites within our app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And the best part? It's completely free!

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: If you have a desire to contribute to the support of Israel, we've established a dedicated fund where every dollar you contribute will go towards supporting helping Israeli believers in Yeshua.

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
Ukraine Shoots Down Russian Drones After EU Budget Defeat (Worthy News Radio)
Ukraine says air defense and mobile groups of drone hunters have shot down dozens of Russian drones over the weekend. The attacks came after Ukraine suffered a significant defeat in the European Union, with Hungary blocking $54 billion in aid.
Serbia Votes for Parliament, Municipalities in Tense Elections
Serbs began voting in parliamentary and local elections that will test the strength of the country's governing party after several protests.
Kuwait Has New Emir After Ruler Dies At 86
Kuwait got a new ruler on Saturday ahead of a lengthy mourning period after the death at 86 of Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad Al-Sabah.
AI To Replace TV Anchors and Reporters (Worthy News In-Depth)
Artificial Intelligence (AI), already filling in as clergy and adding texts to the Bible, will soon replace television news anchors despite concerns it blurs the lines between truth and fake.
Imminent Breach Of US, Global Secrets Likely, Experts Warn
Cybersecurity experts and the United States Department of Defense have reportedly discussed tackling the imminent breach of America’s and potentially everyone’s deepest secrets.
Hungary Blocks $54 Billion To Ukraine; Move Praised By Russia
Ukraine faced a major defeat Friday that could potentially impact the outcome of its war against Russia as Hungary vetoed 50 billion euros ($54 billion) in European Union aid to the wartorn nation.
Europe Leaders Open EU Membership Talks With Ukraine
European leaders have decided to open European Union membership talks with Ukraine and Moldova and to grant candidate status to Georgia.
Iran Using Billions Under Sanctions Waiver
Iran’s leadership, which seeks the destruction of Israel, has been using billions under a sanctions waiver that was granted to the Islamic Republic last month, officials admit.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Israel Attacked After Pledge To Strike Hezbollah
Lebanon-based Hezbollah, condemned as a terrorist organization by Israel, has claimed responsibility for killing an Israeli reservist soldier and injuring two others, one seriously.
Three Israeli Hostages Killed Mistakenly By Israel Army
Three Israeli hostages killed mistakenly in Gaza by Israeli forces had been holding up a white flag, according to an initial inquiry into the incident, the military said Saturday.

Inside the United States
US Homelessness Hits Record
Many more were sleeping rough across the United States on Sunday as homelessness hit its highest level on record, according to data released by federal authorities and monitored by Worthy News.
Terror Feared Along US-Mexico Border As Human Misery Rises (Worthy News Investigation)
A key border crossing in a small American town remained closed Sunday as U.S. security forces along the frontiers with Mexico were on alert for explosives amid a massive influx of migrants.
US Court Backs Teacher Refusing Transgender Pronouns
The highest court of the U.S. state of Virginia has revived a lawsuit filed by a French high school teacher fired for refusing to use the preferred pronouns of an apparently female student claiming to be male.
Baphomet Beheaded: Satanic Group Condemns Destruction Of Altar In US (Worthy News In-Depth)
A Satan-inspired group in the United States has expressed outrage that a devoted Christian military veteran beheaded its satanic statue at the Iowa State Capitol in Des Moines.

View the full article