• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,365
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, disarm discouragement!

Proverbs 15:23 A man has joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good it is!

A modern parable has been written about the tools of the enemy that I believe we can really learn from.

"Some time ago, an advertisement appeared in which the devil was putting all his tools up for sale. On the day of public inspection, each one of his tools was marked with its selling price: Hatred, Envy, Jealousy, Doubt, Lying, Pride, and so on, were each on the block. Set apart, however, from all the rest of the pile, was a harmless-looking tool, well-worn, but priced very high -- it was discouragement!"

Someone asked the devil, 'why is that one priced so high?' He replied, 'Ah, that one is more useful to me than all the rest. With it I can pry open a man's heart and enter, when I cannot get near him with any other tools. Once inside, I can lead him any way I choose. The tool is very worn because I use it on almost everyone, since few people know it belongs to me.'"

The enemy loves to sow discouragement -- but believers have a tool much more powerful -- encouragement! We can speak a word into the lives of those who desperately need to hear it: to the college student adjusting to his new environment; to the missionary who may feel alone in the harvest field; to the disillusioned newlywed young couple; to the forgotten servants of God who labor in an obscure and difficult ministry; to the orphans and the widows; to all those who need to hear a word in due season!

Friend, we have the power in our lips to rekindle a discouraged soul. Let's inspire one another with words of encouragement! It costs nothing, and reaps an eternal reward...encourage one another daily, as you see the Day draw near. [Hebrews 10:25]

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Melbourne, FL)

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
European Central Bank Says Digital Currency Will Compliment Cash
Marking the 25th anniversary of the euro, the European Union's unified currency, Christine Lagarde, President of the European Central Bank (ECB), highlighted that the development of their Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is not intended to replace traditional cash, but rather to complement it.
Gunshots Interrupt Live Broadcast Of Ecuador TV
Gunfire interrupted a live television program in violence-torn Ecuador Tuesday as armed men stormed a studio shortly after gangsters vowed a “war” against the president’s plans to reclaim control from “narcoterrorists.”
Denmark Passes Controversial Law That Criminalizes Blasphemy
Denmark has amended its penal code, making it a criminal offense to commit blasphemy, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports. The law appears in section 110 of Denmark’s penal code and was passed by the Danish parliament in December 2023.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Israel Dismantles Hamas ‘Military Framework’ in Northern Gaza, IDF Begins Re-Deployment
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced the successful dismantlement of Hamas's military infrastructure in the northern region of the Gaza Strip over the past weekend. Following this operation, they have initiated the withdrawal of thousands of their troops from the northern areas of Gaza and continue to "intensify and continue" its military operation in the southern Gaza Strip.
Saudi Arabia Says ‘Absolutely’ Open to Normalization Deal With Israel
Following the war in Gaza, the Saudi ambassador to the United Kingdom revealed in a BBC interview on Tuesday that Saudi Arabia is interested in pursuing a normalization deal with Israel coupled with the establishment of a Palestinian State.
Israel Sees Growing Number Of Christians As Population Set To Surpass 10 Million
The population of Israel is expected to pass 10 million in 2024, including a growing number of Christians, Israel365 News reports. Statistics provided by the Central Bureau of Statistics show that Israel had some 9.842 million citizens at the end of 2023, representing an increase of 1.9% from the year before.

Inside the United States
US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Has Prostate Cancer But ‘Prognosis Is Excellent,’ Doctors Say
U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has prostate cancer, and his recent secretive hospitalization was for surgery and later to treat a urinary tract infection linked to that operation, but his “prognosis is excellent,” doctors said Tuesday.
US Supreme Court Allows Idaho’s Near-Total Abortion Ban To Proceed Amid Ongoing Legal Battle
The US Supreme Court on Friday ruled that Idaho can implement an abortion ban that could criminalize doctors who perform the procedure in emergency situations, even before a final ruling is given on whether the state’s legislation conflicts with federal law, the Christian Post reports.

Christian News
Nigeria’s Synagogue Church Denies Widespread Abuse By Founder (Worthy News In-Depth)
The Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), one of the world's largest Christian evangelical churches, denied Tuesday that its late founder was involved in widespread abuse and torture.
Nigeria: Fulani Terrorists Slaughter 41 Christians, Kidnap More In Kaduna State
Suspected Fulani Islamic jihadists slaughtered 41 Christians and kidnapped numerous others in Nigeria’s Kaduna state on Jan. 3, Morning Star News (MSN) reports.

View the full article