• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,313
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, have a heart after God!

Psalms 89:3-4 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. [Selah in Hebrew means “pause and ponder this!”]

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David [in the Hebrew New Testament it’s written - Yeshua HaMashiach ben David], the son of Abraham.

New Testament genealogies of Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Christ) all identify Him as the son of king David. It was universally understood from the Tenach (OT) that the messiah would be descended from David and that he would restore the Davidic monarchy to its ultimate and most universal expression, even that this king would reign and sit on the throne forever.

Why was Yeshua's identification with David so significant? One reason is that David is the only man in the Bible about whom the Lord said, this is “a man after My own heart”. Yet we know well David's imperfections ... adultery and murder -- so why would God say this about him? I believe it was David's lifelong love for and abandoned worship of the Lord, and also his contrite heart (Ps. 51) and the depth of his sorrow and repentance which showed this relationship to be the most important and precious in his life.

God isn’t expecting perfection from us -- His Son has provided that. Yeshua alone is the Man whose heart and actions are flawless. But David exemplified a man whose love and respect for his God were constant, if imperfect, a man after God's own heart. And this is the heart that God is seeking today, contrite, worshipful, and filled with respect and love for our God.

Friend, David provides a wonderful example for us who are as imperfect as he was. We may fall and fail miserably – but its how we get up that makes the difference. Our constant desire to preserve this most precious of all relationships will show that we too have a heart after God. I know I want to hear Him say, "Yes, you are truly someone after my own heart!"

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, Maryland)

Editor's Note: We posted 4new videos on YouTube -- Purim, Palm Sunday, New Year and New Beginnings | Is there a Great Harvest Coming? | The Simchat Torah War - Is this a Water Breaking Moment of Revival? | Eclipses, Red Heifers, Purim and a Move of God!

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: We are planning our summer Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Around the World
Beijing Condemns US British Attacks
Beijing has condemned the United States and Britain for imposing sanctions over alleged Chinese government-backed cyberattacks affecting millions of people.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Israel Condemns US Role In UN Ceasefire Resolution
Israel’s Foreign Minister has condemned the U.S. decision to withhold a veto on a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for “an immediate ceasefire in Gaza,” saying it will make it more difficult to free hostages.
Israel Ready To Release Hundreds Of Palestinians For 40 Hostages; Hamas Wants More
Israel has agreed to release “some 700-800 Palestinian prisoners” in return for 40 hostages as part of a temporary ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip, but Hamas rejected the deal, several Israeli sources said Wednesday.
Israel Has No “Moral Right” To Cease War Against Hamas, Defense Minister Says
As Israel’s strongest ally, the United States, has now joined the European Union and the UN in demanding an immediate ceasefire in the war against Hamas, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Monday that Jerusalem has “no moral right” to stop fighting before it has completely dismantled the Palestinian terror group’s capabilities in Gaza, Israel365 News reports.

Inside the United States
USA: Just Three In Ten Americans Attend Weekly Religious Services, Poll
A new poll by Gallup shows that just 30% of Americans attend a religious service every week or nearly every week in 2024, compared to an average of 42% attending every week or nearly every week twenty years ago.
Bridge: Experts Expect Regional Economic Impact In, Near Baltimore
The closure of the Port of Baltimore caused by the ship collision that collapsed the Francis Scott Key Bridge will likely have a greater impact on the local economy, but the ultimate strain may be on increased and longer ground transport, according to supply chain experts.

Christian News
Nigeria: Gunmen Slaughter A Pastor And Five Farmers In Nasarawa State, “A Trail of Grief and Trauma”
As the slaughter of Christians by Islamic extremists in Nigeria continues unabated and with impunity, unidentified gunmen murdered six people, including a pastor, in Nasarawa state in the north of the country at the weekend, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports.
Vietnam: Evangelical Pastor Found Dead After Encounter With Police
A Vietnamese evangelical pastor whose body was found hanging in a cemetery in Vietnam’s Dak Lak Province is believed by local Christians to have been killed by government authorities who had forced him to renounce his faith in Christ and leave his church, International Christian Concern (ICC) reports.

View the full article