IGNORED

WorthyNews:USA: Pastor Says God Protected Him From Gunman Whose Firearm Jammed In Church Service

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,507
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Pennsylvania pastor Rev. Glenn Germany attests it was a “miracle of God” that the loaded gun aimed at him by Bernard Polite during a church service on Sunday would not fire because it was jammed, Christian Headlines (CH) reports.

When police later searched Polite’s home, they found the dead body of a relative who had been killed the same day with the gun that had been aimed at Germany.
Leader of the Jesus’ Dwelling Place Church in North Braddock, Pa, Germany was preaching the Sunday service on May 5 when Polite, a man he had never seen before, walked down the center aisle and took aim at him with a handgun, CH reports.

The service was being live streamed, and a video of the incident went viral. Noticing the gun, the pastor is seen to throw himself on the ground, to one side, and Polite calmly makes to go after him. Within seconds, however, deacon Clarence McCallister tackled Polite from behind and wrestled him to the ground. Germany then came to assist in subduing the gunman.

“At that point, I didn’t have time to think,” Germany told ABC’s Good Morning America. “It was just a reaction. I ducked and tried to get out of the way. He pulled the trigger, and a miracle of God happened that the gun got jammed. That bullet had a name on it.” Concerning McAllister’s actions, Germany said: “I think that was an act of heroism if I’ve ever seen one.” . Germany has also stated that Polite had told him he was listening to voices in his head which told him to use the gun, CH reports. When police searched Polite’s home, they found the body of his 56-year-old cousin Derek Polite, killed with the same gun used in the church. Polite has been charged with murder and attempted murder.

The post USA: Pastor Says God Protected Him From Gunman Whose Firearm Jammed In Church Service appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article