• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

After all the controversy I have made a decission. I will buy my Christmas gifts from companies that recognise Christmas as my reason for buying these gifts. Those companies that expect me to buy my Hanakah, Kwanza or "Holiday" gifts from them will be waiting for a very very long time. I know some folks would like to be legalistic about Christmas and concern themselves about when and how the Holiday began. I prefer to look at the season as a wonderful time when, even those that do not know Christ, open their hearts and homes. For me Christ is the reason for the season and I can feel the Holy Spirit move when I listen to every Christmas Carol.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

In the way most people think about it, I don't celebrate Christmas at all. I don't decorate, put up a tree or even buy gifts for anyone. (Which is easy when you have no family!) When friends ask what I want for Christmas, I tell them the truth. I have all I could ever want. I'm content. But thank you so much for thinking of me. My friends understand my position because I enjoy giving gifts all through the year.

I avoid the holiday hype of have-to-have it shopping. Most people are told by the media what they want and what's hot. Many people have gotten to the point of not being able to think for themselves, even when it comes to "wants". These are the people who are heavy into the media and television.

I appreciate the season for what it means. Those who are close to Jesus and have an intimate relationship with Him are celebrating "Christmas" every day. We thank Him for the gift of our salvation. We celebrate Him! We worship Him in songs and praise. We give gifts (money, things, time, ourselves, etc.,) throughout the year to others because He loves them. I'm not trying to say that I'm better than anyone else because I do this. It's my choice. I'm just so grateful that I've been brought to this place in my walk with Him that external things mean very, very little to nothing to me.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Huh? The boycott is about Wal-mart's anti-Christian bias, not about commercializing Christmas.

They are not against Christians or christmas, they simply chose not to favor one holiday over another.

rT, I hear that you have disgust for the RCC, and I guess I'm getting used to it here.

It would be more accurate to say that I believe the RCC is the worlds largest cult, mixing truth with lies.

Ho - Ho - Ho!!!

2 Tim. 4:3-4 - "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.