• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1984

I have been doing my devotionals almost daily, and I have lots to post, so I hope you don't mind having alot to read.

Psalm 139

This Psalm really encouraged me because I realized He has searched me, He knows my heart, and I'm so greatful that He loves me enough to know just what I need; He provides for me. It's so comforting that I can go to Him, cling to Him with all that I have and know that I'm going to be okay. Listening to His voice is soothing and wonderful; it's like a breath of fresh air.

Psalm 140-141

I just get so moved when I read the book of Psalms; it makes me feel so close to the Lord. He protects us and keeps us from evil; He delivers us from trouble. If we only call upon Him; He can do so much. It's wonderful prasing God, He lives within us. All we have to do is call up on Him. I love talking to Him becaue I feel that He is my best friend, He is always there for me and wlll never let me down.

In bible study on Wednsday, we talked about submission, and Becky told me to look up Ephesians 5:22-33 and 1 Peter 3:1-7. I was so comforted by thses scriptures because I know that I am doing my role as a wife to Andy, and Andy is doing his role as a husband to me. It so comforting to know that all I have to do when I have a question is turn to God's Word, and there will be an answer waiting for me. I feel that through Becky, God is showing me to really trust Him, mot only in prayer and talking to Him, but in His word.

Becky and I did get into a discussion about divorce as well. Some how we got to talking about emotionally abusive relationships. Her opinion was that no matter how bad it gets you should stick it out because in the bible it says that a couple can only divorce due to marital unfaithfulness. She said we had to put our trust in God and let Him handle the situation. Now, I have read in the bible about the divorce subject, but I really feel that if a man or woman are in an emotional or physical abusive relationship than it is okay to leave. I feel that no man or woman should treat there partner that way. However, I do feel that before a divorce takes place (except for being unfaithful or in a physical abusive relationship) marriage counseling is the best. If the couple goes through counseling and still can't work it out than i feel a divorce is necessary. Becky, as you saw disagreed, so I would like to know what your opinion is on this subject?

Britani

Thank you for reading and God bless you today and everyday.

Edited by Britani18