Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Calling Ishmael illigitimate seems a bit harsh considering Sarah insisted Abraham take her handmaiden since Sarah herself was all but barren. Only through God's mercy was Sarah able to conceive Isaac. From the moment of Isaacs birth, Sarah shunned Ishmael and his mother untill Sarah could not stand it any longer end freed her handmaiden.

Its an interesting story. Anyhow, I don't see where we should love the decendants of Ishmael any less than those of Isaac, at least not for those reasons. Mourn those that have rejected Jesus and those that accept the twisted teachings of Mohammed. Understand and take comfort that Jesus will not return untill all whose names are written in the "book of life" are saved.

Sorry. I didn't mean for my post to sound derogatory. :emot-questioned: I don't know of another term to use here other than illegitimate though. Webster's definition of illegitimate--not recognized as lawful offspring; specifically : born of parents not married to each other.

Abraham wasn't married to Hagar. Sarah was his wife. Ishmael's birth was inevitably due to Abraham and Sarah's lack of faith in and impatience with God.

We should, of course, love descendents of Ishmael, just as anyone else. God desires everyone be saved. But, alas, not all will be. Only by the grace of God do we know the truth, just as only by the grace of God will any Muslim, or anyone else, come to the saving knowledge of Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I try to show love to every human on this earth regardless of backround, but I do have a problem when they put Mohammad above Yeshua, Mohammad is but a speck of dust, compared to Yeshua's mountain. I love Muslims, I just dont agree with them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

On a side note, apoth I have read a lot of what you have to say, and you are pretty (edit) smart, I respect your opinion, and I will have to read that book, when I get a chance. I need to see both sides of the story before I make any judgement. Shalom my friend

Completely understandable. One thing to keep in mind is that when I say they don't use the OT and NT, I am refering to a wholistic view. Such as, they look at the OT and NT and butcher it to a point where it no longer resembles the OT and NT :emot-pray:

Edited by IslandRose

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I would like to meet someone that was really shocked that the Palestinian government couldn't handle it. At first I didn't even believe Israel would go through with the pull-out.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I guess you can't use the D word in here....