• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Whysoblind:

If i write a computer program to print out fibonacci numbers, and someone else writes a similar program, by evolutionists reasoning, the two programs would HAVE to have a common origin, because they share similar structures and functions, such as for/while loops, similar function calls, etc, and even similar or identical machine code(equivalent of DNA). Which is of course baseless.

An interesting comment indeed. When you wrote your program did you devise a completely unique piece of code from scratch or did you borrow on the works of other programmers that came before you? Any program that you or I write does have common origins. We all borrow on the works of our predecessors. The first true

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

Sorry for failing to respond to you, no disrepect intended.

ecco

dear ecco:

I'll admit I've not been a serious student of biochemistry for several years. I am not aware of any compounds of that level of structural complexity being synthesized from elemental components, but perhaps more indepth research might reveal otherwise. The only substances produced of which I'm currently aware derive from gene splicing, that is "hijacking" existing biochemical mechanisms (in E. coli for example) to produce substances not part of the organism's original makeup. I'm sure you're familiar with the process.

In time (2-4 weeks) I may uncover data that rebuts my original statement regarding lack of success in synthesis of complex biological molecules. (I only have time for internet use 2-4 hours per week, so it may take me some time to uncover any existing reports). Until I find otherwise, I stand by my original conclusions as stated previously.

I hope I can convince you that I would give a fair consideration in the case of such data being presented. (If anyone knows of a report of such online, please let me know - jenkayken7@yahoo.com - I would look forward to reading it!) I always try to seek the truth - both scientific and spiritual.

Sincerely in truth and Christian love - kayken

Kayken,

I did not say it had been done, so you might want to save yourself some time. I only commented on what I thought your reaction would be if and when it does happen.

ecco

ecco

Thanks for the reply!! I think I'd like to look anyway - I'd like to know!! I'll let you know if anything turns up!!

kayken

Horizon East,

Perhaps you should read (or re-read) my post #135.

ecco