IGNORED

Probability of Evolution ZERO

aaronjm

Guest Gnostic

2thePoint: I HAVE to disagree with you about accepting the literal truth of Genesis as a basis of Christian faith. I don't know anyone who believes that, yet I know many many Godly people. I think our Churches are far more intellectual perhaps than your Evangelical movement over there. I also disagree with your theory that Atheists are necessarily unethical people. I know many Atheists who are caring, work for charity and who are full of love and humanitarian compassion for others.

apothanein kerdos: of course I have a more 'mystical' apprehension of the Divine. Glad someone knows where I'm coming from!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I know many Atheists who are caring, work for charity and who are full of love and humanitarian compassion for others.

apothanein kerdos: of course I have a more 'mystical' apprehension of the Divine. Glad someone knows where I'm coming from!

My nothing to see here comment was because I wrote out a new post and lost it, and ended up double posting nothing.

Athiests aren't unethical people at all, why do you think so 2thePoint? Because we don't believe some of the same things.

Well lets do a little test.

1.) Do you think Murder is wrong ?

If your answer is yes, you agree with me. The only difference is, i've come to that opinion myself and haven't been taught that by the bible. :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

That's not what I'm saying at all, we are ALL bad people, but if we follow the teachings of Yeshua, even if you dont believe, the world would be a much better place.

Edited by aaronjm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Blimey! Mystical? It's a heresy is what it is, nothing less!

Of course I know where you are comming from, I've read the Gnostic works and I've studied the Gnostic history. Everything from Marcion to the Paulitians....I know the beliefs well enough to know that Gnostics are the furthest thing away from being Christians.

I should have known that this post would turn out this way, I posted this in apologetics to give fellow Christians more support for their arguments when defending their faith, not to have another evo/creation fight. Inti, when we get past this part of beliefs, if we agree to disagree, what is your stance on the Bible?? There has to some reason that you are here, I hope you are here to learn something, and not just here to rip up peoples beliefs. I was in the same boat you are, My mother constantly preached to me, and we would argue a lot about evolution, genesis.... I couldn't get past what I learned in school, we both had sound aguments, but we got nowhere by fighting about it. I can't convince you not to believe what I believe now, but is there any part of the Bible you believe?? Have you read it? I had to humble myself to my mom, and to G-d and I read the Bible front to back, from that I had many questions for her, but I had a complete lifestyle change. Do you believe in Yeshua?? Do you even believe that he was alive?? If a schmuck like me can be saved, anyone can. All I ask is that you give the L-rd a try, if you disagree with the teachings of Yeshua, that is your choice, and I will say not one more thing to you about it. Shalom

Guest godsci

This is a very long read, but scientificly explains how evolution is not possible.

http://www.trinitysem.edu/journal/4-2/lloyd-olson-paper.htm

Ohh yet another post on worthy that only consists of someone elses article and a statement on how whatever the article says is true.

Sorry to disappoint you but there are thousands of studies that prove evolution happens, that one article does nothing to change that.

I find the absence of references (to these alleged thousands of articles) quite interesting... :emot-crying:

Would you agree that there is an element of Faith in Evolution?

Wishing you Peace,

John

You're trolling right?

If you want any of these articles go to google and type in "Evolution Studies" and other search terms.

Your response is a classic example of why dialog with dogmatic-evolutionists is so exhausting...

Why do you have to immediately start of with insults (implied or otherwise)...

None of the articles that show up when you google Evolution (or Evolution Studies) prove that MacroEvolution happened... All that such articles show is that Evolution is a faith-based interpretive paradigm...

It is because of this (absence of proof) that many intellectuals and Scientists are growing skeptical of Evolution...

I notice that you very carefully avoided my question "Would you agree that there is an element of Faith in Evolution?"

Cordially,

John

Guest godsci

Your own people disagree with you:

I'm sorry but 5-6 unreferences quotes prove nothing.

If you were honest, it wouldn't matter to you if I quoted 500 evolutionists. You cannot escape the fact that evolutionism is as biased as any other world view. "Unreferences"? I gave sources, so you can check for yourself that they are not out of context. The ugly fact is that your claim of only evolutionism being objective is false.

Names you pull off the internet don't count as citing sources.

And evolution is the only scientific we have and is backed up by thousands of studies. I will agree we don't know everything yet but its the only scientific explination we have.

Inti,

For your awareness, the studies that prove anything prove the reality of adaptation (micro-evolution) -- which is not questioned by either creationists or evolutionists...

Low-level speciation is a low-level inference from the data (and is generally not questioned by creationists or evolutionists).

What is very much in question is Mega-Evolution (formation of new functioning body plans and new complex organs -- by any postulated gradualistic mechanism -- and without the intervention of an Intelligent Designer)... There is NO scientific proof (or demonstration) in any of the studies that new functioning body plans and new complex organs arise by unguided gradualistic evolution of any kind...

In general, evidence for micro-evolution (adaptation) and low-level speciation is extrapolated BY FAITH by dogmatic macroevolutionists to all of the creatures in the biosphere. Such extrapolation is done BY FAITH and is NOT scientifically proved (or demonstrated).

For more info see for instance the articles on this page:

Exploring Evolution

Cordially,

John

Edited by godsci

Guest Gnostic

Of course I know where you are comming from, I've read the Gnostic works and I've studied the Gnostic history. Everything from Marcion to the Paulitians....I know the beliefs well enough to know that Gnostics are the furthest thing away from being Christians.

And I repeat what I said elsewhere: I truly wish I had logged in as Deborah. Sheesh!

Please don't be so legalistic, aphothanein kerdos. Many of us come to Jesus through diverse ways and see the wonderful mystery of the Universe as a MYSTICAL event. To an Atheist, anything that is not scientific or rational is defined as mystical: THAT is where I have come from.

Still love you, though, bro! Remember: John 20.29 "How happy are those who believe without seeing me!"

Gnostic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

And I repeat what I said elsewhere: I truly wish I had logged in as Deborah. Sheesh!

Please don't be so legalistic, aphothanein kerdos. Many of us come to Jesus through diverse ways and see the wonderful mystery of the Universe as a MYSTICAL event. To an Atheist, anything that is not scientific or rational is defined as mystical: THAT is where I have come from.

Still love you, though, bro! Remember: John 20.29 "How happy are those who believe without seeing me!"

Gnostic

A "mystical event" does not line up with scripture. Either God created the world and it subsequently fell, or He did not create it and therefore is out of a job. I am not arguing for a literal 7 day creation or anything of this, what I am arguing for is the fact that God is, and has been, guiding creation from the day He started it. Either God created the material world, or He doesn't exist.

The best fact that there is a G-d is proven by science. Science is all about observation, never in scientific history has one created something from nothing. It is impossible for there to be no creator, or there would be no created. Even if you believe in the Big bang theory, why caused that event to happen, it isn't scientifically possible to believe that it came from nothing.