Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I want to thank our self-styled "atheist" friends for having extinguished themselves with their hebitudinous exclamation, "I am an 'atheist'." It's one thing to state, "I do not believe in God," and, of course, quite another to state in an oral helium release, "There definitely is no God and all necessary evidence is unavailable." It's the gargantuan difference between an "ordinary atheist," the former, and an "ornery atheist," the latter. I forebear to pick a philosophical nit by graciously enquiring re the BASIS for the latter statement. Have our self-styled "atheist" friends ventured recently, or at all, to Alpha Centauri and Pluto's 2060 Chiron and Janua & Epimethus, the co-orbital satellites of Saturn & 4769 Castalia & 4179 Toutatis and on into the exquisitely-created night in order to check out the creator-God's possible existence on any of these pieces of rock or a trillion other known and unknown galaxies? And for starters, didn't a Florida Space Expedition just set out for a nine-year hike to downtown Pluto....why without our "atheist" astronauts? Heavens to Betsy, it would have been a dazzling journey and science would be most appreciative, yes? Don't let yourself get caught on the snags of minutiae. Hey, guys, maybe next time, inshallah? XLNT advice.

One thing more: the possession of an earned Ph.D. in EVERY last discipline lest a failure to possess such might preclude the "atheist" receiving the necessary knowledge that could lead him to vital evidence for the existence of the Creator-God. I've always maintained that the self-styled "atheist" cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a police officer. If all is not lost, where is it? Whatever, vaya con Dios!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

As usual Arthur, your one, single, wrong thought that you repeatedly post on these boards hasn't failed to communicate both your own personal intelligence, wit, charm and holiness - and also the message of Christian love.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

HorizonEast:

Is your experience similar to Ecco

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I'll take two Platinum seats for $500! Well, aren't we sceptical tonite?!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Sorry to be jumping in so late on this topic, but could not resist sharing my own convictions and observations about the validity of evolutionary theory. I was indoctrinated during my undergraduate and graduate courses in biology with all the suppositions and conclusions about evolution (partly at a Christian college) so I assume that I could hold beliefs in both without contradiction. To borrow from the apostle Paul, "the scales fell from my eyes" when I attended a debate between some representatives of our university faculty and some visiting creation scientists. One professor, whose name escapes me now (this was over 20 years ago!), showed a diagram of the structure of the myoglobin molecule - a component of hemoglobin in human blood. Basically it's an arrangement of four proteins into which the heme molecule fits perfectly. Each of the four components has alpha and beta portions which have primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary structures. That is, each piece has 152(?) amino acids that have to have a certain sequence because they bond to other strands to form a three-dimensional structure by a series of "bonding, folding and interlocking" in laymen's trems. If any one amino acid is altered by mutation, the integrity of the molecular structure is changed and the myoglobin cannot do what it's supposed to do - hold onto the heme. (A variation of this is the cause of sickle-cell disease.)

Well, after this presentation, I hurried home to pull out my biochemistry book and look at the molecular structure for myself. This fellow was right - this was a structure far too complex to have come to its present state and function by chance. The "inbetween" forms assumed by evolutionary theory would be nonfunctional or lethal to the organism. I sat and stared at that diagram in the book and prayed "Oh Lord, what a fool I've been for all these years! I didn't have the faith to believe and I had empirical evidence right here to boot. Please forgive me for believing such a far-fetched idea!"

I believe, because of this observation, that evolution not only contradicts the Biblical account, but also contradicts evidence readily observed in science and statistics. If any biochemists ever synthesize a molecule that complex that is self replicating by biological mechanisms, then and only then will I give them a hearing.

The truth shall set you free.

In truth and Christian love,

kayken

Arthurdurnan:

It's one thing to state, "I do not believe in God," and, of course, quite another to state in an oral helium release, "There definitely is no God and all necessary evidence is unavailable."

It's one thing to state, "I do not believe in Allah," and, of course, quite another to state in an oral helium release, "There definitely is no Allah and all necessary evidence is unavailable."

My god is better than you god...

My god is real and yours isn't...

My interpretation of holy scripture is correct and yours isn't...

etc...

etc...

etc...

Kayken:

If any one amino acid is altered by mutation, the integrity of the molecular structure is changed and the myoglobin cannot do what it's supposed to do - hold onto the heme. (A variation of this is the cause of sickle-cell disease.)

I believe, because of this observation, that evolution

Darkness Rising:

I really don't understand why Christians are so absolutely adamant on debunking science at every turn. It's like you have something to prove to someone!!

I probably would have worded that:

I really don't understand why Christians are so absolutely adamant on attempting to debunk science at every turn. It's like you have something to prove to someone!!

They try and fail to debunk science and fail to see they fail.

Whysoblind:

If the Bible is true, then the Koran, and every other religion, is false, because it contradicts the Bible.

If the Koran is true, then the Bible, and every other religion, is false, because it contradicts the Koran.

Everyone believes - my god is better than your god. Mathematically most of them must be wrong.