• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I know very few people in the mormon church, but here are a few of there beliefs that many would find concerning.

# God

1. God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321. Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, Vol 5, pp. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, p. 345, Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333.)

2. "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

No, I am not talking about the Mormans or JW's. Where did you get that impression?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you" 1 John 2:22,26

The antichrist spirit was already at work in the early Christian Church--deceiving people about the nature of Christ, denying that He came in the flesh:

"...Every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world" 1 John 4:3

"For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist" 2 John 1"7

These give me that impression. Read up on JW and mormons, and you will find exactly what John is talking about. I am not saying they are The antichrist, but they are a antichrist defined by their doctrine.