purity

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm 16 by the way, sorry for forgetting that. I am so glad valentine's day is over, all the girls and some guys had hickeys today and were talking about their date they went on, etc. I hate days like Valentine's day. But whatever I guess.....i know i will eventually have a husband or hope to but right now it just seems like im doomed to be single, you know?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You are certainly not doomed to be single. You are only 16. You should not envy the other girls their hickeys. Are you a Christian? You were talking about going to religious classes earlier. Maybe the directors of your religious classes are trying in whatever way they can to get across an important point that you need to understand. As Christians we need to be thinking about improving our inner character rather than worrying about nabbing a hot date. Try reading the Scriptures daily. It may help you to understand things more from God's point of view. I wish you all the best.

Edited by Micah68

i have church tonight well its still on purity....i have worked like 16 or more hours this week back to back and am dead tired anyways and i think going again listening to purity lectures will wear me down even more, i think i will just come home and go to bed...

i heard now instead of lasting 4 weeks they are taking it up to 8.........ugh.WHY?! I will not be going.....thats just way too long.....i mean what all can they find to talk about? *bangs head on desk*

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

i heard now instead of lasting 4 weeks they are taking it up to 8.........ugh.WHY?! I will not be going.....thats just way too long.....i mean what all can they find to talk about? *bangs head on desk*

Well, I can only say something based on observation, and from that, it seems that you don't get it. It seems that you haven't read or dealt with what anyone said here. You asked for advice and got it but then it seems like you are totally ignoring this same advice. So, why should they stop until they feel that you have gotten it? Do you just want to complain or do you really want an answer? I prayed about your issue, and I'm sure the others did too, before I answered you and gave it my best shot. Therefore, maybe you should consider what was said.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I am just so tired of never in my life having a boyfriend, heck I've never really had a crush on anyone. Why does a guy not want me? What wrong with me or how I look? ugh.......enough of the purity crap, people don't realize how crappy lessons like this make me feel and its what we are studying for the next month!whatever, and valentines day is coming up, great! :20:

Hey,

I know exactlly how you feel. Every day when I'm at school, A bunch of other girls will be talking about how much they like certain guys at my school (Personally, I don't think there is one guy at my school that's worth dating), or how many guys they've made out with and who was good at it or not, when I've have two byfriends in my life, and have never even petty kissed a guy. And i have a friend ( Who by the way I love to death) that lots of guy think is so hott, but in reality, (not trying to insult her or anything) looks like a twig. She in 5'2'' and wears 00 pants, and has been mistaken forbeing 9 years old before. But they neve glance at me, and I am tall, slim, but not twig-like, and have good hair. But for some reason, guys are never interested. You might be wondering why I'm telling you all this, but I have a point I promise. My point is, you have a whole life to live, and when God wants you to find a guy, he'll send one straight to you. Until then, you need to have fun, and not let other girls'....... experiences get to you. I figured out this philosophy from that Barlow Girl song "Average Girl" Go here for lyrics if you haven't heard the song: Bralow Girl lyrics. Hope this made you feel better!

I'm afraid having good hair isn't going to help at all, as it would take a huuuge neon sign pointing to your good hair for most guys to take any kind of notice! (And that would be ridiculous as you'd constantly need a generator or something with you to light the sign and...yeah, I'll stop now.)

I'm 16 by the way, sorry for forgetting that. I am so glad valentine's day is over, all the girls and some guys had hickeys today and were talking about their date they went on, etc. I hate days like Valentine's day. But whatever I guess.....i know i will eventually have a husband or hope to but right now it just seems like im doomed to be single, you know?

Don't be envious of hickeys, they look so nasty!

• 2 months later...

Look I know sometimes people say, "this is what you have to do." And its supposed to be that easy. but the sad truth of it is, its not that easy, and maybe even though it is hard to believe god put you in that class for a reason and you might not want to share it with everyone in your youth group but it might because you could help a lot of people who went the opposite way you did. Some people might see you as a happy person and say hey why do I need a guy, look she is waiting or shes is happy and she doesn't even need a guy, All I am saying is you never know you just might be a light in the dark for someone. But also don't worry you will find someone I garantee it I tell that to so many friends. And it is true! :o

• 1 year later...
Guest parenthope
what the heck is up with my youth group doing purity all the time? Like thats all I've heard for the past 2 years! I have no problem with purity. All we talked about in small groups last night were boyfriends and crap. I was the only one who has never had a boyfriend! I had my youth pastor's wife and Mrs. Karen has the 11th and 12th grade girls (kristin has 9th and 10th). But yeah, I was the only one who didn't have any question or anything to say about being in love, true love, the first kiss, how to "say no", etc. I went bawling out of the room after we were dismissed and Mrs. Karen said thats not all that she talked about with her girls and said that she wants me to come to her classes from now on. I am just so tired of never in my life having a boyfriend, heck I've never really had a crush on anyone. Why does a guy not want me? What wrong with me or how I look? ugh.......enough of the purity crap, people don't realize how crappy lessons like this make me feel and its what we are studying for the next month!whatever, and valentines day is coming up, great! :24:

I took a "Marriage Class" in high school (mandatory) and I was so bored. I didn't have a boyfriend, so I didn't listen.

Hey, pray for your future husband! At least you haven't given yourself up. There is a Christian young man looking for a girl who is pure and not anxious to give yourself to some punk! As for a boyfriend, pray! God will show you!

Keep your chin up and smile -- more attractive!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I thought I'd seen this thread before...it's over a year old!