• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1991

i got in real big trouble the other day and i was almost commited to a crazy hospital....my dad said that he would make it so i would never see my boyfriend ever again...then i went in the bathroom and cut my arm(katie dont say anything)then when we talked about the whole bf thing he said i couldnt talk to him for two weeks...i was miserable...but here is the catch....WE'RE DOING IT ANYWAY...I LOVE HIM SO MUCH... HE IS MY WHOLE WORLD AND MORE....i just need some comfort ...from any 1....delilah :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

i got in real big trouble the other day and i was almost commited to a crazy hospital....my dad said that he would make it so i would never see my boyfriend ever again...

He's your father, don't you think you should do what he tells you?

then i went in the bathroom and cut my arm

Why did you do that? What was the point of it? To get your father's atttention? Why? I am not trying to make fun of you; far be it from me. I attempted suiced a couple of times, but never over a man!

then when we talked about the whole bf thing he said i couldnt talk to him for two weeks...i was miserable...

If you were miserable because of a two week separation, then the relationship is unhealthy.

but here is the catch....WE'RE DOING IT ANYWAY...

So now you are being disobedient to your father. That is breaking one of the Ten Commandments. How can you expect comfort from anybody when you are in willfull disobedience?

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH... HE IS MY WHOLE WORLD AND MORE....

That's your whole problem right there. The minute you place anybody over the Lord in your life, you are doomed to failure. The Lord will not tolerate anybody in His place. This is a form of idolatry. Real and true love never depends on how often you see a person or talk to them. Real love is not dictated by circumstances; it starts in the heart. If you love this person, which I doubt, and if he loves you, that love will still be there regardless of how often or how infrequent your communication is. What you are describing here is obsession, not love.

i just need some comfort ...from any 1....delilah :noidea:

You need to listen to your father, stop cutting your arms and stay away from this boy, at least for now. When you are young, 2 weeks seems like an eternity I know. But as I said earlier, real love is lasting love and will always stand the test of time. Put the Lord first in your life--before your b/f and even before your father. Honor Him, and He will honor you. I pray you will make the decision that most reflects Christ in you. Bless you.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/03/1991

i got in real big trouble the other day and i was almost commited to a crazy hospital....my dad said that he would make it so i would never see my boyfriend ever again...

He's your father, don't you think you should do what he tells you?

then i went in the bathroom and cut my arm

Why did you do that? What was the point of it? To get your father's atttention? Why? I am not trying to make fun of you; far be it from me. I attempted suiced a couple of times, but never over a man!

then when we talked about the whole bf thing he said i couldnt talk to him for two weeks...i was miserable...

If you were miserable because of a two week separation, then the relationship is unhealthy.

but here is the catch....WE'RE DOING IT ANYWAY...

So now you are being disobedient to your father. That is breaking one of the Ten Commandments. How can you expect comfort from anybody when you are in willfull disobedience?

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH... HE IS MY WHOLE WORLD AND MORE....

That's your whole problem right there. The minute you place anybody over the Lord in your life, you are doomed to failure. The Lord will not tolerate anybody in His place. This is a form of idolatry. Real and true love never depends on how often you see a person or talk to them. Real love is not dictated by circumstances; it starts in the heart. If you love this person, which I doubt, and if he loves you, that love will still be there regardless of how often or how infrequent your communication is. What you are describing here is obsession, not love.

i just need some comfort ...from any 1....delilah :noidea:

You need to listen to your father, stop cutting your arms and stay away from this boy, at least for now. When you are young, 2 weeks seems like an eternity I know. But as I said earlier, real love is lasting love and will always stand the test of time. Put the Lord first in your life--before your b/f and even before your father. Honor Him, and He will honor you. I pray you will make the decision that most reflects Christ in you. Bless you.

marnie thank u but i cant stay away from him...now i will stop cutting myself i promise u this...but lee is my life ...i would do any thing fo r him...our relationship is perfectly healthy...thank u for the comfort...delilah

Guest Ray_Finder

If your boy friend truly loved Jesus, and loved you, he would not lead you

down a road of dis-obedience and rebellion. He would wait until the time

was right to have a relationship with you.

He has no honor, nor repect of God or your parents, and he needs to assume some

responsibility for your distress.

Ray . . .

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

marnie thank u but i cant stay away from him...

No what you mean to say is you WON'T stay away from him. The word "can't" implies you have no control. You have control over your life, you just won't exercise any of it because you are letting your emotions have control.

now i will stop cutting myself

Well, thank the Lord for that.

i promise u this...but lee is my life ...

Then you need to repent and give your life to Christ, because if this man is your life, then you cannot be a Christian, in which case you are in deeper trouble than you think.

i would do any thing fo r him...

So if he told you to do something you knew to be wrong you would? That is infantile.

our relationship is perfectly healthy...

No, it's obsessive and you are headed for a fall if you can't see that. But, I am speaking to the wind because you know everything, don't you?

thank u for the comfort...delilah

My words were not meant to convey comfort; if they did, I should have been more harsh, but then I would be accused of being heartless. I believe your soul is more important than your comfort. If you were my daughter, I'd ground you till you were 30, and, as my Dad told me many times,I'd tan your hide but good. Now, that is love, as oppossed to this "thing" you have for Lee.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/15/1990

oh delilah I know you didn't want me to say anything but I'm going to anyway. First why can't I say anything since you know I wasn't going to listen to your request. Have I come across judgmental or something?

Ok back on topic, I had no idea it was this serious between you and Lee. You probably would have got a lecture from me if i had. I agree whole heartedly with Marnie that you must put Christ before all else in your life and that you must honor your parents. I know you wanted to start in Genesis but I would strongly encourage you to skip ahead to the New Testament for a while(Perhaps John would be good to study). Find out for yourself what Jesus says about priorities and parents and relationships in general. You need to pray too. All the time, not just on the odd days you make it to prayer circle, but all the time. work on on your relationship with God not Lee. Your relationship is not healthily at all if this is what it's like. Marine may even be right that you are close to idolatry(that's what it's called when you put something in God's place in your life. It's a sin and is in the ten commandments). In any case you seem to be trying to get from Lee things only God can give you. It won't work.

What I respectfully disagree with Marine on is the appropriate punishment. I am very concerned that, being grounded you won't be in church for a few weeks. That's Not Good! I don't know if you mom and dad go to church but if they do go with them if not try to talk them into going. if all else fails spend extra time reading the Bible.

And If you haven't gotten the point yet I'll say it again READ YOUR BIBLE AND PRAY!!!!!!! turn to God in your distress. It's not the end of the world.

One more thing. Don't fell personally rejected or anything. When you care about someone you can't just sit back and watch them destroy themselves. We're not trying to be unkind only to point out errors in your living that are against God and will therefore cause you more pain if let continue.

Love you my friend,

Katie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Delilah,

Have you ever heard the saying you can't see the forest for the trees.

Somrtimes when we're right in the middle of something we don't really see the whole scale of what we are doing.

It happens to ALL of us ALL the time, dang if it still doesnt happen to me.

I don't know anything about you or your boyfreind but I do see that there are some serious problems here just from what you have written.

I don't know your father either but my suspicion is that he has been able to see this.

I really don't think he likes feeling like the #%@*^!! jerk you MAY think he is, but I think he cares about you enough that he was willing to accept your anger in order to get you to stand back and look at your relationship. (Kinda like what Jesus did for us, now that I think of it)

Something you must know is that you can never truelly love someone unless you have love and respect for yourself.

Cutting yourself ehhhh

When we realize that God loves us even when we do stupid things or don't quite measure up to what we think other people expect of us, we realize that we can love ourselves because He made us that way, and He has given us those experiences to learn from, for the future

Delilah, look after yourself, for now, be selfish about it. Tell everyone to back off and let you think things through, including your boyfreind, Its very important that you do.

If you can talk to a counceler (school, work, church?), do it, seek them out

(NOT YOUR FREINDS!!)

and I hate to say it, but,

be prepared to take one in the chops , you may hear things you don't like, no, you will because obviously, there is something you're not dealing with to well. It will really help you to clear your thoughts and possibly set some goals, after that check in with Lee and have a serious talk with him about your fathers concerns or anything else that you may then be aware of.

I feel for you, being a young adult is frustrating enough, when you have all your strength.

Its gotta be tough when you are have difficulty in relationships as well

I'm going to keep watching, please keep us all posted on how things move along

In Gods love

Mike

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

delilah Today, 10:22 AM IP: 168.190.200.39 | Post #1|

Group: Members

Member No.: 37890

to all of the peopl who replied to the post"seperation"i thank u so much i didnt realize how much sense it would make coming from such understanding people.... and i think it was mike2(not quite sure)i asked him to skip with me he refused at first but then said yes so if it is any1's fault it was mine.......i love u all so much for the comfort u have given me..god will bless ugreatly...delilah

response from delilah.....and moving this to an appropriate section... :thumbsup:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

delilah Today, 10:22 AM IP: 168.190.200.39 | Post #1|

Group: Members

Member No.: 37890

to all of the peopl who replied to the post"seperation"i thank u so much i didnt realize how much sense it would make coming from such understanding people.... and i think it was mike2(not quite sure)i asked him to skip with me he refused at first but then said yes so if it is any1's fault it was mine.......i love u all so much for the comfort u have given me..god will bless ugreatly...delilah

response from delilah.....and moving this to an appropriate section... :thumbsup:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

God will bless you greatly

Mike2