IGNORED

Several Classes of Saved

Guest coolwaters

Guest coolwaters

I was reading E.W. Bullinger's, Apocalypse. This statement of their being several classes of saved intrigued me. Has any body ever heard of this? E.W. Bullinger is very deep and gifted and I compare is scholarship to Pauls, but I don't believe his teachings are inspired thus open to misinterpretations. I trust his teachings over my own assumptions until I prove other wise. Any thoughts or concerns, Thanks

The words, "of the saved," are spurious, being a later addition, arising from the traditional belief that there are only two classes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Coolwaters,

for eternity as well as for time

May I ask, "How many Christs are there?" Only one - might I say? When we get to the place we call "eternity", "we shall be like Him". There will be no such thing as Greek, Jew, free or slave, male or female, and we shall be as the angels in heaven....

The differences we have now are due to our "nature", mainly being depraved human beings. We really don't see the "new creation" yet, at least not as it will be then, we see as through a glass darkly. So such a bold statement by Bollinger, seems a little premature. Wouldn't you say?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest coolwaters
Greetings Coolwaters,

for eternity as well as for time

May I ask, "How many Christs are there?" Only one - might I say? When we get to the place we call "eternity", "we shall be like Him". There will be no such thing as Greek, Jew, free or slave, male or female, and we shall be as the angels in heaven....

The differences we have now are due to our "nature", mainly being depraved human beings. We really don't see the "new creation" yet, at least not as it will be then, we see as through a glass darkly. So such a bold statement by Bollinger, seems a little premature. Wouldn't you say?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Hi there Dad Ernie!

Thanks for replying to my post. I know it wasn't well explained. Let me run this other thought by you. Could the OT souls which were saved by the law through atonement beconsidered another class of the saved?

If you get a chance check out some of E.W. Bullingers work it can be easily found by doing a word search on Google. He was a 19th century theologian. He didn't miss much, but his work is deep one can't casually scan over his work and hope to comprehend. That's what I did earlier. When I get time I will fully read the work on the Apocalypse. Thanks

Greetings Coolwaters,

Could the OT souls which were saved by the law

"It is by GRACE are ye saved, through faith, and this is a gift of God, NOT BY WORKS (the LAW), lest ANY MAN should boast."

The LAW was given that SIN MIGHT INCREASE, it was NEVER intended to SAVE anyone. It was to reveal the utter depravity of man, and the absolute HOLINESS of God. It is NOT possible to obtain God's "grace" by any of our "filthy rags" of works according to the law. We are Abraham's children if we too, live by FAITH in the one, true God. There has never been a change in how we may obtain salvation or to God's righteousness. We discover in the NT that it is belief in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ, that sets us on the path of Eternal Salvation. The same has been true and will be true for all of TIME.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest coolwaters
Greetings Coolwaters,

Could the OT souls which were saved by the law

"It is by GRACE are ye saved, through faith, and this is a gift of God, NOT BY WORKS (the LAW), lest ANY MAN should boast."

The LAW was given that SIN MIGHT INCREASE, it was NEVER intended to SAVE anyone. It was to reveal the utter depravity of man, and the absolute HOLINESS of God. It is NOT possible to obtain God's "grace" by any of our "filthy rags" of works according to the law. We are Abraham's children if we too, live by FAITH in the one, true God. There has never been a change in how we may obtain salvation or to God's righteousness. We discover in the NT that it is belief in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ, that sets us on the path of Eternal Salvation. The same has been true and will be true for all of TIME.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I can't agree, you are quoting NT scripture to explain away the need for atonement before christ. If your logic was correct then their wouldn't have been a need for Christ to die on the cross and every body that died under the law was saved by grace through faith before Christ. I'm not looking for a off the cuff or cereal box answers this is takes more thought. Bless you

Greetings Coolwaters,

It is apparent that you are unfamiliar with the scriptures I eluded to. I didn't use LOGIC as you think, but I gave you good reasoning from the scriptures.

Perhaps someone else may better able answer your questions.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest coolwaters
Greetings Coolwaters,

It is apparent that you are unfamiliar with the scriptures I eluded to. I didn't use LOGIC as you think, but I gave you good reasoning from the scriptures.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Look Mr. Ernie:),

I am sorry for being rude. I am just not looking for the easy answer that woulf gloss over the question. Think out of the box. Have a good day in the word of God.

Guest shadow2b
Greetings Coolwaters,

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Look Mr. Ernie:),

I am sorry for being rude. I am just not looking for the easy answer that woulf gloss over the question. Think out of the box. Have a good day in the word of God.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX?????? okey--dokey----WeLLL let's see now?????just what box do we need to think out of???? WE have the --crackerjacks box,--the cracker box--the-animal crackers box--the oatmeal box--the-

misogony box--uhhhhhhh ?????? there's ALOTTA boxes out there,perhaps you could recommend one----

thank you for your time----Gary_ :blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I'm not looking for a off the cuff or cereal box answers this is takes more thought. Bless you

Cool!

Are they making cereal boxes with the Gospel message on them? :blink: