• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1991

I have an example, i was reading the bible a couple months ago, and i came across a verse

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the native sense of propriety itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is a dishonor to him...

And i was sort of confused because of Sampson and his long hair.

But then i read it again and noticed he said "native sense of propriety" and doesn't that mean their customs at the time...

That's what i meant when i said that.

Also a lot of parables Jesus tells are of back then, I'm not saying they aren't true. But, when i read them i just take what he says and try to see it as another example in modern day so i can understand the message better.

For some reason, as i was typing that, God told me that I shouldn't worry about the creation and every single detail, becuase that just confuses me and I lose focus. Is that god? or is that myself talking to me?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to understand, i dont know if anyone truely knows how it happened. We can only try to comprehend. I cant even explain what i think. it just ends up like nonsense. haha.

i never read the bible all the way through, but as far as i know, i guess it never said "nothing"

but it never said what he made earth out of. the first words of the bible are "in the begining god created the heavens and the earth"

i guess that means out of nothing, like physically out of nothing. We were meant to give God pleasure, to glorify Him. Jesus is god so yeah

See what i mean by nonsense :/ i cant really make a point

The idea is to work it out. There are many people on this forum that I am sure will come to your aid. I for one am a renegade in theology. I will explain. I believe what I am about to say to you but I do not believe anyone else is so I suggest you pay me no mind.

Jesus is the beginning and the ending. We are in Christ and he is in us. Jesus, except for the Father, is all in all. Jesus is ascended far above the heavens so we are in Him. The words, "In the beginning..." mean what they say. Remember Jesus is the beginning. "In" is the operative word. In the Greek the word for "In" is "en" in the term "en arche" (in the Septuagint

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I have an example, i was reading the bible a couple months ago, and i came across a verse

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the native sense of propriety itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is a dishonor to him...

And i was sort of confused because of Sampson and his long hair.

But then i read it again and noticed he said "native sense of propriety" and doesn't that mean their customs at the time...

That's what i meant when i said that.

Also a lot of parables Jesus tells are of back then, I'm not saying they aren't true. But, when i read them i just take what he says and try to see it as another example in modern day so i can understand the message better.

For some reason, as i was typing that, God told me that I shouldn't worry about the creation and every single detail, becuase that just confuses me and I lose focus. Is that god? or is that myself talking to me?

Honestly, I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself. You've brought up various questions in this topic (regarding biblical interpretation, modern corporate worship, creation, etc). But, personally, I think it might be best to tackle one thing at a time. You said you wondered if it was God telling you not to worry about creation...in my opinion, I don't think that was God. There are three very important events in Scripture that I think it is crucial to grasp: Creation, the fall, and Redemption. I believe that if you have a misunderstanding in one of those areas, you will be prone to false doctrine, theologies, and worldly philosophies. This is why I think it really does matter what you believe about creation (not so much how God did it, but that He did do it) and also it's important what you understand about the fall. Can I ask how old you are? And how long you've been a believer?

I'd like to suggest some books for you to read that might help your understanding (particularly about creation):

1. The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

2. Icons of Evolution by Jonathan Wells

3. Anything by William Lane Craig

4. Anything by William Dembski

Those are just some resources that will give you a good overview of the various theories and philosophies which are prevalent right now.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

God is light

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Until we clear up his views on creation and the fall, how can he fully understand his need for a Savior? Let's just start with the creation issue (and put the other things he brought up on the back burner for now). Laces Out Dan, can I ask you a few questions?

1. Do you believe that God is the Creator of everything? And that He created all things out of nothing?

2. Do you believe the bible is the Word of God, inspired and without errors?

3. What is your belief about the fall?

4. What have you read, or what is it that you've studied in order to arrive at the beliefs you hold?

Let's start with that first, k? By the way, welcome to worthy :)

This is my third post. If I am out of place please disregard this question.

Where in the Bible does it say God created all things out of nothing?

John

Chapter 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be

through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race;

:)

Yeah sure, I'm 14. :) ive been a christian my whole life.

It used to be easy to understand, whatever my parents tol dme i believed, and i had many really awesome experiences at church.. That is how i know God is real, because i can feel him.

But lately(about a year) ive been questioning everything ive been handed, and so far God actaully answers and i still believe.

I usually just use search engines to find out what people think about certain things, i read aobut different religions. I am trying to find out for myself that God is all that the bible says.

And lightwait... I like talking aobut this stuff, and i like learning from wise people. God bless you

maan by the time i figure out what i am going to say, and by the time i type it, someone else posts before me:)

Yeah sure, I'm 14. :) ive been a christian my whole life.

It used to be easy to understand, whatever my parents tol dme i believed, and i had many really awesome experiences at church.. That is how i know God is real, because i can feel him.

But lately(about a year) ive been questioning everything ive been handed, and so far God actaully answers and i still believe.

I usually just use search engines to find out what people think about certain things, i read aobut different religions. I am trying to find out for myself that God is all that the bible says.

And lightwait... I like talking aobut this stuff, and i like learning from wise people. God bless you

Keep searching for Truth ! It's a life-long quest. You will find yourself coming ever closer to the heart of God.

(I have to ask, it's driving my crazy. :) is "Laces Out Dan" a line from a movie? something about football? Seems I've heard it somewhere, but can't quite remember it.)

Peace,

Fiosh

I hope:) it really seems like i keep growing in the spirit, and then i question more and more and i just get the munchies for His word. I love it i love it i love it

Actually i got it from two things. its a song name for one my favorite bands, and they got it off of Ace Ventura: pet detective i think. Dan Marino :)

And i just used that screen name because my name is dan and it just sounds kinda catchy haha.

I hope:) it really seems like i keep growing in the spirit, and then i question more and more and i just get the munchies for His word. I love it i love it i love it

Actually i got it from two things. its a song name for one my favorite bands, and they got it off of Ace Ventura: pet detective i think. Dan Marino :)

And i just used that screen name because my name is dan and it just sounds kinda catchy haha.

Yeah, that's it! It had to do with holding the football for the kicker...."laces out".

Thanks! Now I'll be able to sleep tonite. ;)

f

btw, welcome to WB!

:)