shanbopop

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Those of the "Catholic Church" are still are brother and sisters in Christ. Tho they may do things that are questionable

just wanted to quote that.

Wasn't getting after you :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Brother WSB,

Let me try this again:

1Cr 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

The RCC does not simply say, "Lord, Lord".

The RCC does not simply "cast out demons in Jesus' name".

The RCC PROCLAIMS THAT JESUS IS LORD, GOD, AND KING. The RCC demands that we totally submit our lives to His Lordship. The RCC teaches that we must die to self and follow Him. The RCC teaches that we must imitate Paul, when he says:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Hardly the teachings of the "whore of Babylon".

WSB, you need only read the Catechism to see you are barking up the wrong tree.

I respect your right to disagree with the doctrines of the RCC. But I ask that you not call my church "the whore of Babylon". Jesus Christ in lifted high, honored, adored, worshiped and praised in my church. We bow our heads at the mention of His Holy Name. We fall down before Him and call Him God and King.

In His Love,

Fiosh

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/18/1984

Well, you must admit that RCC bares a striking resemblance to that women who rides the beast. Having commited fornication with the kings of earth. What side was RCC on in WW2? Why is it that RCC made Christmas on Dec 25 a pagan holiday at the time, when the Bible shows His birth in spring? I mean the fornication with kings could go back as far as Constantine blending the pagan religions and true religion of Christ to make a state religion called RCC. Are the RCC colors purple and scarlet? Hmm... Decking with gold and precious stones and pearls... with so many christians out there needing help... even of the RCC faith were is the charity as the first century church giving to all as there was need? Why stockpile? As far as drunken with the blood of saints and martyrs of Christ, I've read Fox's Book of Martyrs. And the seven mountains on which she sits... would that be Rome or Constantinople? How about both.

Don't get me wrong. I believe a RC can get saved. But if you put RCC, JW, Mormons, and Christianity side-by-side and said which one of these was not like the other you'd have to say Christianity. RCC has very many commonalities with them and I would not accept them. (Even though again I'm sure a bad JW or Mormon could get saved.)

Then again maybe you think RCC resembles Christianity. To which I would venture to say, maybe you are mistaking Christianity with Christianity and you should leave the RCC.

Why leave the RCC? What do they teach that Christians deny?

Christian: Only way to God is through Christ. RCC: Pray to dead people. Hail Mary even though she won't mediate for you.

Christian: Mary had 5 kids, thus we know Jesus was the oldest and only virgin birth. RCC: Mary is a perpetual virgin.

Christian: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. That is except God. RCC: Mary was sinless. Using the same phrase "full of grace" to support that doctrine, when Stephen was full of grace too.

Christian: Saved by grace through faith RCC: Saved by faith, works, baptism, grace

Christian: Sola Scriptura RCC: Bible + tradition JW: Bible + watchtower Mormon: Bible + book of mormon

Christian: All who are saved make up the body of Christ (The Church) RCC, JW,Mormon: say they are the one true church

What about the popes not marrying? The "first pope" had a mother-in-law. From what I know that would make him married.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Edited by ElijahSK

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm so sick and tired of people condemning the Catholic Church.

Do you people even realize the reformation was to reform the Catholic church....not bash it? That was the original purpose...now...if it was evil and far from Christ, why would it need to be reformed and not just destroyed? Hmmmmmm

Amen AK, amen!

Amen to Gerioke also, I agree wholeheartedly, please don't lets start this again!