IGNORED

How do YOU Treat "Outsiders" Who Visit Your Church?

WISDOM

Guest GloryaRose

In my church we make a habit of going to where the people are...the people who are different...the people who are the same.

They dont always come to us...and I am personally praying for the day when God sends hundreds of them through the doors to the sanctuary and they all run to the altars to name Christ their Lord...the people who are different...the people who are the same...

In our church everyone is welcome... but the question I would like to add is will they come ? ... the people who are different...the people who are the same...

I am believing that if we lift up the love of Christ...and the work of the Cross...they will come...as all sinners are

welcome at the altar...

If we remember that we too are sinners... purchased by blood and saved by grace...

they will come...

these people who are different....

these people who are the same.

(Edited by GloryaRose at 10:46 pm on April 24, 2002)

Guest EPHRIAM777

Wisdom says...!

Common sense and a basic understanding of human nature/tendency usually prevail within the mindset of the reader of that type of question, but if one doesn't have any it usually helps to move on to another thread one can personally understand.

The "elevator" of the individual mind doesn't reach the same "floor" for all of us...push another button (Romper Room), it might help you. ;)

Eph replies..!

OUCH..!!!

:)

Touchy Touchy aren't we today....LOL  It's OK..I can take it..

No harm done Wisdom..! (( At least ya got moxy )))

Guest EPHRIAM777

Eph writes...

Wisdom now "expands" on the original post...!

Quote: from WISDOM on 12:47 am on April 24, 2002

I want to thank you all who did respond in a forthright/honest manner..The reason I asked the question is because CHRIST opened the doors of HIS Body (the true Church) to any/all type of individuals, yet so many local churches segregate against many of the types I spoke of in my earlier post..I don't know about you, but it bothers me to see people basically "play church" and not truly put into play what CHRIST is to all seekers.

Eph writes...

I agree Wisdom....I hate to see that going on too in churches...Many people pretend to be what they're not..! Or talk out of both sides of their mouths..acting the part..well enough to "look" good...! They sure know how to "turn on the spiritualality act" when they need to..!

Wisdom writes...

I try to allow CHRIST love to show through me with """all I come into contact with"""".

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I know this probably won't help, but I just recently started going back to church.  I moved 5 years ago, away from my childhood church I grew up in, and after my great grandmother died (I'd always went to church with her) I just didn't feel like going anymore.  So, I've lived here for 5 years, and I haven't went to church in a long time.  I've went a few times, with friends, but not ..religiously (forgive the pun..)  Well, I finally agreed to go with my cousin, Dale, who'd be begging me to go for a long time. (He was almost stalkerish!  I mainly went to get him off my back..) Well, afterthe first night, I felt better.  I hadn't even realized anything was wrong.  But then after a week, I started realizing that the people there really didn't acknowledge me.  I felt so lonesome and left out.  I had friends from school that went, and that was great.. But when it all got down to it, I was on the outside, banging on a door to get in.  I know none of them meant to.  It was all harmless.  And probably, they just didn't come right upto me because they were nervous.  Now that I've joined the Youth Choir and I'm at home there, I know I get nervous sometimes when we have new people.  But now, I alwaysrise to the occasion, because i've been there too. And I know how it is.  How this helps a tad.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Quote: from EPHRIAM777 on 10:45 am on April 25, 2002

Eph writes...

I want to thank you all who did respond in a forthright/honest manner..The reason I asked the question is because CHRIST opened the doors of HIS Body (the true Church) to any/all type of individuals, yet so many local churches segregate against many of the types I spoke of in my earlier post..I don't know about you, but it bothers me to see people basically "play church" and not truly put into play what CHRIST is to all seekers.

Eph writes...

I agree Wisdom....I hate to see that going on too in churches...Many people pretend to be what they're not..! Or talk out of both sides of their mouths..acting the part..well enough to "look" good...! They sure know how to "turn on the spiritualality act" when they need to..!

Wisdom writes...

I try to allow CHRIST love to show through me with """all I come into contact with"""".

Quote: from EPHRIAM777 on 10:45 am on April 25, 2002

Eph writes...

Eph writes...

Wisdom writes...

• 6 months later...

I'm reopening this to hear any new thoughts....please continue to be respectful in your posts.

• 8 years later...
Guest XxAndrewxX

everyone in my church is nice to guests and we have alot of them visit and give speeches. alot of misionarys and people who own suop kitchens and things like that. i think any religion would be nice to guests cause they want them to join their group. i think wutever religion u join you r supposed to give them money. everytime i say that people say thats not true u dont have to give money. well they all have heating bills and mantance bills. theres some poor people in our church and they probubly dont pay anything and nobody makes fun of them for it but if u have enuf money thats wut ur suposed to do is give them a donation. i went to a catholic church in the city and it was a spanish church and we didnt speak any spanish and the whole mass was in spanish but they were super nice to us. everyone in the church was singing and having a good time and our church is rilly boring.