• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Justin, to answer your question...it seems as if anything with a speck of Biblical truth mixed with worldy trash is eaten hungrily by this generation. Many are so needing of the Truth that they take whatever else is mixed with it and then get led down the wrong path.

2 cents

Faithie ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/20/1988

JustinM:

Although it may be listed a work of fiction, the Da Vinci Code has stirred up such a huge controversy because the material is portrayed as factual and accurate. You can understand why Christians (and Roman Catholics in particular) would find Dan Brown's novel offensive and even sacrilegious. Other fiction writers have denounced Brown's work as unethical, including the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, the nonfiction book from which he essentially stole the idea for the Da Vinci Code. In my opinion, Dan Brown is a very talented writer, however I think it's clear the man has an agenda.

Edited by Oh No Melon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I've read the Da Vinci Code. He does try to convince the reader to question his faith. I love reading nonfiction books, they are entertaining and I have read hundreds. The Da Vinci Code is just another novel to me. It is a very tricky book to students that are young in their faith. Anytime someone has asked me about the Da Vinci Code, I always tell them, to avoid it unless they have no doubt their faith in Christ will not be questioned. I usually say, if you are a new christian and do not have a lot of biblical knowledge, do not read it right now, but wait until they have a better understanding of the truth in the bible. Of course, Dan Brown's book is anti-christian/catholic so I really do not feel good about giving money to our enemies. But, there are plenty of libraries that have many copies of that book, so at least check it out and try to use it to better understand what our enemies are trying to accomplish. We must know our enemy so we can fight him.

Guest tinker

Maybe if people just took the Davinci Code as is, a work of fiction. "Based" on historical evidence basically could mean anything, hopefully your BS detector went off. Stop making this guy money and giving him free advertising and let the book die, it wasn't even good (and most certainly written for a fourth grader).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

JustinM:

Although it may be listed a work of fiction, the Da Vinci Code has stirred up such a huge controversy because the material is portrayed as factual and accurate. You can understand why Christians (and Roman Catholics in particular) would find Dan Brown's novel offensive and even sacrilegious. Other fiction writers have denounced Brown's work as unethical, including the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, the nonfiction book from which he essentially stole the idea for the Da Vinci Code. In my opinion, Dan Brown is a very talented writer, however I think it's clear the man has an agenda.

I couldn't agree more! I also believe that writers of series such as Goosebumps (HOW I DETEST THOSE BOOKS), the Harry Potter series and other such 'magical' and horror genres very much have an agenda to draw our youth away from Christ, all in the guise of **cough, cough** fiction :)

In His Grace

Faithie :)