• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I also think america will go down quick and hard when its time. And yes there are better things in heaven waiting.

We get a false sense of Security here in usa, when we do not know the lord. Yes there are Great military men protecting us, ect. But I truely do not think they do it alone. I know God is there helping. He is our protection. One day though its going to bust, because God will not take people ingoring him.

He will show his wrath. I tell you, I do not want to be one of those people who do not have the lord at this time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

What's a little loss of privacy for the sake of security? http://commentary-by-kim.blogspot.com/

I must ask then... Since we know that persecution of Christians is BOUND to happen- in fact, we are to rejoice in it, because it builds stronger faith- why do we care about the law? God didn't promise us a rosy life as a Christian- He promised suffering, and sacrifice. He didn't promise privacy, or "american" privileges... he promised persecution and humiliation.

If I start being persecuted as a result of the laws, (which have been blown out of proportion- I understood that the government was only listening to known/suspected terrorists and the people they talk to- not the entire population... for one thing, that would be extremely costly and ineffective) it will be God's will, and I will try to rejoice in it, and thank Him for the opportunity to suffer for His sake.

Persecution builds faith. America is full of weak pathetic people who call themselves Christians- but never had to stand for their faith, or do anything near like the things that Christians in other parts of the world must do- we meet here in relative peace, in the open, and don't have to be wary of police breaking in to our church services and arresting us. We don't risk being killed for our faith.

I read that Christians in China are actually praying for our persecution- to revive our faith! After all- what good is our testimony to be a Christian in good times, when everything is going easy for us? It's when the persecution comes, and you stand for your faith in the face of death or torture, that your testimony is strongest.

We are WAY too concerned about our silly rights and liberties- when God gave up all of HIS deserved honors and glory, to die on a cross for us. How much farther can you get from the selfish concept of "but this is my RIGHT!"... your only right, is to worship God with all of your heart, mind, and soul- for that is what you were made for.

I basically agree with what you have said about faith and other countries, but are you saying that just because in China they do not have the freedom to practice Christianity and that makes them far worse off then Americans, that that makes it OK for America to give up all rights and freedoms? In sympathy perhaps?

I am not trying to insult you, really, truly, but your last paragraph really scared me. You surely can't really believe that the exercise of rights is selfish, can you? I believe that God has given us certain rights - he even died so that we might live in freedom - and no silly government bureaucrat or politician should be able to deprive us of any of them. The idea that we should "give up rights to gain (perceived - yes it very much a perception thing) security is very flawed.

Certain basic human rights (very much including the right to privacy) are very precious, God given - not government given, and are not "for sale" and should never be surrendered for spurious reasons to a government bureaucracy.

Geez, this monitoring our phone records deal is starting to get on my nerves, they do not have people on a third line listening to all of our conversations... This would take 1 person out of 3 people in America listening to our every phone call. No! They do not do that...

They have word sensors, example:

If you made a call to some-one and you used the words "going to blow up tunnel."Then that person calls some-one else and uses a similar sentence, and that person makes a phone call to another country like Iraq for example, then the Machine will alert the Homeland security and they will track the calls and get the men... They do not read your conversation unless three or four weird conversations take place that link each other in a almost like relay of messages...

Geez, this isn't invading privacy...No one is listening on the other end you know how much man power that would take...

Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone but the Democrats are making up stories to get themselves elected, and people are just dumb enough to believe it...

First off, and again I am not setting out to offend anyone, I have not swallowed any Democrat stories but just read the neutral news items that are available on the subject.

It would seem that the thing is that the US government wants the ability to "wire tap" all telephone calls without the benefit of a warrant or court order. Doesn't that make you even a little bit suspicious?

As for "key words", do you feel happy about trusting government employees to monitor your private conversations and react to words that they deem to be "worthy of a red flag"? What if they get it totally wrong, misread words and end up by interrogating you as a "terrorist"?

Also we have to have tremendous trust here, when we realise that the definition of "terrorist" relies entirely on the whim of a bureaucrat.

Though more importantly, if for years and years to "wire tap 'phone calls" a judge was required to sign off a warrant, what is so special about today that you feel it is OK to totally give up your right to private communication for?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well now,let's ponder. I never say anything about our country or our govt, in private that I wouldn't say publically. In fact if they did tap my phone, some of the politicians in our country might get a pretty good idea what I really think of them...... Especially our PM. :noidea:

Well now,let's ponder. I never say anything about our country or our govt, in private that I wouldn't say publically. In fact if they did tap my phone, some of the politicians in our country might get a pretty good idea what I really think of them...... Especially our PM. :noidea:

Great Eric. And when Queen Helen calls you a "little creep" and sends the uniformed branch of the Inland Revenue round to pepper spray you and arrest you for "being suspected of driving over the speed limit at some time in your life" I will come and visit you in jail.

over reacting a little bit ......aren't we? Everybody is always screaming about their rights. Well one of our rights is to have our elected Govts to protect our borders from terrorists and if it means phone tapping, well let them get on with it. I would sooner open the door to someone from my own country with a warrant, than open the door to face a terrorist with a loaded gun pointing at me.

over reacting a little bit ......aren't we? Everybody is always screaming about their rights. Well one of our rights is to have our elected Govts to protect our borders from terrorists and if it means phone tapping, well let them get on with it. I would sooner open the door to someone from my own country with a warrant, than open the door to face a terrorist with a loaded gun pointing at me.

Eric I really want to know. Just HOW do you believe that "our elected government" will "protect our borders from terrorists" by tapping your 'phone?

This "climate of fear" that has been created by governments throughout the world is entirely artificial, there is not "terrorists everywhere" and "this massive problem of the great terrorist threat" that government has created cannot be solved by you giving up all your basic human rights and giving government bucketloads of money.

Eric I really want to know. Just HOW do you believe that "our elected government" will "protect our borders from terrorists" by tapping your 'phone?

This "climate of fear" that has been created by governments throughout the world is entirely artificial, there is not "terrorists everywhere" and "this massive problem of the great terrorist threat" that government has created cannot be solved by you giving up all your basic human rights and giving government bucketloads of money.

I am not saying that phone tapping will protect our borders. I am saying desperate situations take desperate measures. and I don't think there is anything artificial about the warning of terrorists, that you say the govts have created.

You have the right to protest, when and if it does happen, and you have Ms Bradford in parliament to lead the march. She's good at that.

I've been around long enough to know not to trust anybody and you can bet your boots when the time comes this govt will do exactly what it is told to do by the NWO and I for one am not afraid of giving any of my so-called rights for our home security. Anyway you can always do what the kids do and text your messages on a cell phone.

Climate of fear that has been created by govts? d'ya reckon?

I am not saying that phone tapping will protect our borders. I am saying desperate situations take desperate measures. and I don't think there is anything artificial about the warning of terrorists, that you say the govts have created.

You have the right to protest, when and if it does happen, and you have Ms Bradford in parliament to lead the march. She's good at that.

I've been around long enough to know not to trust anybody and you can bet your boots when the time comes this govt will do exactly what it is told to do by the NWO and I for one am not afraid of giving any of my so-called rights for our home security. Anyway you can always do what the kids do and text your messages on a cell phone.

Climate of fear that has been created by govts? d'ya reckon?

Eric I have to say it: WHAT "desperate situations" are you referring to when you say "desperate situations take desperate measures"?

I can condone "'phone tapping" by a government agency (that would include the police) in certain specific criminal cases, but only with the utmost care and consideration taken to avoid any mistakes and the correct paper work done with a warrant signed by a judge after a proper hearing. But I could never see the need for a bureaucrat to "secretly order mass 'phone tapping, email eavesdropping or correspondence "censoring", as it would appear that they want to do in America right now. Particularly using the most ludicrous of excuses "it will catch terrorists". Do you think that real terrorists would be that careless? And yes, I know it is a really extreme view but I have no doubt that governments have created the world "terrorist threat" (or at least grossly exaggerated the actions of a few real terrorists). I believe that governments everywhere are not above sacrificing their own people, buildings and infrastructures to scare people into letting politicians do what they have wanted to do for some time, and welcome totalitarianism with open arms. You know, "the Reichstag fire"?

I am also under no illusions about this government. They would "buckle" in a "heartbeat" to the whims of the NWO. However, this shouldn't stop us "fighting with every fibre of our being". I really hope that you're not serious about giving anything up for (an illusion of) "home security",because there is no way that I will ever willingly give up my God given rights for the perception of security.

As for "the right to protest". Well going by what is happening overseas (I mean UK or America - just like us, not China - as that is a given anyway) the "right to protest" will probably be non-existant and certainly ineffective. I, and a lot of others "protested peacefully" about the "digi-id-driving licence" scam and a "fat lot of good" that did the country, the politicians just all amitted that they had been dishonest, but didn't do anything about it. And I really wouldn't like to have to rely on Sue Bradford to get any messages across, she'd probably "get all confused" - as she has with her abolition of S59 of the Crimes Act, Bill - and end up by doing absolutely nothing. Anyway, I know I shouldn't introduce politics here but I have to say that I think the Greens "had it" with the people when they failed to get the GE moratorium extended. I am actually suprised that any of them are still there.

Another thing: It is far easier to "eavesdrop" on txt messaging than it is to listen in on voice mail. You probably know that though.

Lastly: "Climate of fear that has been created by govts? d'ya reckon?" I MOST CERTAINLY DO RECKON THAT THAT IS THE CASE!

Buck, It's not the govts that are creating a climate of fear, it's the conspiracy theorists and that's one of the reasons that conspiracy is not welcome on this board. Any true bible believing, spirit filled regenerated christian should have nothing to fear, because nothing or no one is going to change the out come and I'm not naive not to know that theses measures will not be imposed on us willy nilly. I am not suggesting that all phone lines will be tapped, I give a little bit of gumtion to the authorities to know what they are doing.

Get up and smell the coffee, buck the system. Your screen name suggests your outlook on life.