• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1953

The Lord gave me a very short but precise dream a few years ago,

I was eating a sandwich and as I was chewing the mouthful i had taken, I noticed that it tasted a little strange.

I sensed the Lord telling me to look at what it was that i had put in my mouth. As I looked down to my sandwich I noticed that it was mouldy and off..I proceeded to spit everything out. God had warned me to be careful what i eat when it comes to my daily bread...Dont just take a big bite and swallow everything you put in your mouth. LOOK at what is going into your mouth BEFORE you choose to eat it......There is a lot of mouldy bread in the teachings offered today.

God did not bag anyone or offend or insult anyone....He simply warned me to be very careful what I allow as teaching in my life.

In a sense MY dream is one of senses also.....Enhanced Tastebuds to the spiritual truths of God will cast aside all that is not discernable Bread from Heaven.

Though this is a spiritual teaching, it was revealed in a very practical sense....God CARES about what we choose as food for our nourishment as believers just as much as he cares about the food we choose to nourish our physical bodies with.....

I have scripture to confirm what say to you...Job 33:14-18 For God does speak- now one way, now another- though a man may not perceive it. In a dream in a vision of the night when deep sleep falls on men as they slumber in their beds, HE may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn a man from wrongdoing and keep him from Pride, to preserve his soul from the pit, his life from perishing by the sword.

Thankyou for sharing YOUR dream or vision.....God has shown me also that heresy has crept into our daily bread and UNdiscerning people are only too keen to eat it without looking at it first.....I guess the question on our minds and on our lips is, How should we respond to this warning...? What is the correct response ??

What would God have us DO with these dreams and visions....?? I believe we ought to share them and encourage one another. But most importantly i believe it is a call for ALl who are serious followers of Christ to pray for the gift of spiritual discernment to be enhanced in all of our lives so we can recognise the voice of the Lord from the voice of the stranger....."My sheep will know my voice, and the voice of the stranger he will NOT follow." Lets hear these words and hear the voice of the true shepherd...

Regards,

Ben.

Thanks Ben, it is about enhanced spiritual discernment.

Yes, as your own dream warns, we can't eat without checking, what we are allowing inside us. As a lawyer in Bombay - India, I have to face very strange situations, when dealing with criminals in jails, or 'outraged' opponents in other types of cases. In my early days of law practise I was disgusted to see how easily I was led by my emotions. I begged God to give me the much needed discernment. This is a daily plea.

There have been times when pastors/christians/others, have asked me to intervene in some matters, and God's Mercy has helped us to discern the deception/prematurity of action etc just in time. As I said, in my early days of practise it was not so. Only after I repented , and surrendered it to the Lord did I marvel at the divine discernment/protection I saw.

By sharing, as you have rightly said, we encourage one another, so that together we can marvel at His wondrous works. For years, I thought I was some kind of spiritual freak, I could not understand why God gave me 'weird' visions. In my early walk, (I repent that now though), I tore up my note-book full of visions. I was afraid that I was 'opening myself up' to some 'weird' stuff. But God showed me over the years, the visions that did come to pass. You see the notebook was gone, but I could not tear up the visions that were burning in my heart. I could not forget them.

Where there is the false, how else will we recognize it, but by God's gift of discernment?

Hebrews 5:14

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses excercised to discern both good and evil.

your sister in Christ

Swarna

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Nebula,

I have been on this board a while and have seen "prophets" float in and out and for the most part the utterances are accepted with no critical examination. This happens even when there is gross error. No doubt some of this is because many are younger believers. Sometimes its because there truly is a famine of the Word of G-d in the land.

However, this is not what the apostles admonished us to do with prophecies. They should be examined and tested to see whether they conform with the revelation from Scripture.

And your reference to "Lord of the Rings" is a good example why feeling our way to good and evil is a bad idea. I have no doubt that the L-rd told you not to go see that movie. For some reason, this is just not good for you. That is ok. If it violates your conscience then stay away. But the movie is not evil. For me, Tolkien and Lewis brought me to Chr-stianity...the movies were wonderful and I have used the Scriptural allegories in both to lead others to Chr-st.

Yes, in answer to your question I have just "known" some things were wrong for me. I have sensed danger and evil. But I am very careful not to depart from the "teachings about righteousness" which believers "by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish evil from good." Hebrews 5:11-14.

It is the Word of God that forms our understanding of evil and good. Not our feelings about some new divine sense of smell.

Steve

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Nebula,

I have been on this board a while and have seen "prophets" float in and out and for the most part the utterances are accepted with no critical examination. This happens even when there is gross error. No doubt some of this is because many are younger believers. Sometimes its because there truly is a famine of the Word of G-d in the land.

However, this is not what the apostles admonished us to do with prophecies. They should be examined and tested to see whether they conform with the revelation from Scripture.

And your reference to "Lord of the Rings" is a good example why feeling our way to good and evil is a bad idea. I have no doubt that the L-rd told you not to go see that movie. For some reason, this is just not good for you. That is ok. If it violates your conscience then stay away. But the movie is not evil. For me, Tolkien and Lewis brought me to Chr-stianity...the movies were wonderful and I have used the Scriptural allegories in both to lead others to Chr-st.

Yes, in answer to your question I have just "known" some things were wrong for me. I have sensed danger and evil. But I am very careful not to depart from the "teachings about righteousness" which believers "by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish evil from good." Hebrews 5:11-14.

It is the Word of God that forms our understanding of evil and good. Not our feelings about some new divine sense of smell.

Steve

I agree with Mr. Steve here. The last sentence esp. The feelings of a person cannot be trusted. Its the holy spirit who tells us right from wrong not our own self. Mans morals and vaules and his sence of things is not the same as what God does for us and gives us or tells us about right and wrong. We are to learn these by reading God's word. Trusting God will guide us.

If we trust in our selves we are in trouble.