George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

We had a similar thing in a nearby HS. They wanted to have a Muslim Appreciation day and a Gay Appreciation day. When we asked for equal time fot a Christian appreciation day, we could not get it

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
We had a similar thing in a nearby HS. They wanted to have a Muslim Appreciation day and a Gay Appreciation day. When we asked for equal time fot a Christian appreciation day, we could not get it

Which only goes to show that it has nothing to do with tolerance or multi-culturalism.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

An utter outrage! Our government is open to and even encourages everything that goes against Jesus and his teachings. While we are taught to avoid conflict our silence also comes with a cost.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

I wrote an article just today on my political blog concerning this and other hypocricies of the neo-libs. It discusses the issues that have been raised here as well as a few others.

The Constitution actually says:

Amendment I - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

In the interest of saving space as well as time to repeat my post, here is the link to the article I wrote:

http://conservechristian.blogspot.com/2006...s-neo-pref.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I believe in separation of church and state. It should be up to the parents to indoctrinate their children in the religion of their choosing. The public schools are for secular subjects; churches, synagoges, mosques and the home are for the teaching of religion.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

anti-hillbilly,

Have you ever read article 1 of the US constitution?

I believe in separation of church and state. It should be up to the parents to indoctrinate their children in the religion of their choosing. The public schools are for secular subjects; churches, synagoges, mosques and the home are for the teaching of religion.

I agree that the teaching of religion should be done by parents and not schools. ANY religion, not just Christianity.

But and this is a huge but.........it is not up to the government to tell our children that they aren't allowed to pray or to speak God's name, or to gather before or after school. That is making a law repecting religion and prohibiting the free expression of religion.

This is in complete contratiction with the Constitution.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm familiar with the Constitution and the first amendment. Neither indorses one religion over another.

The problem here is man-made and it really has nothing to do with God it's about adults using children to skirt around the law of the land. It's really pretty simple, obey Jesus and the law and there'll be no problem:

Jesus said:

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Bottom line; don't advertise; pray and God will hear you. Kids can pray in school now; it's never been illegal. There's no telling how many appeals God gets from children in classrooms every day right before taking a test. You can't kick God out of school or anywhere else........if He's really omnipotent.

Edited by anti-hillbilly

There is a huge difference between praying just so that others see you and "advertising"

The former means that we are not to do so that we may have others say how "holy" or "spiritual" we are. It is done for pride and for show.

The latter is a comandment from Jesus. We are to go out and to spead the Goodnews and to talk about God.