• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Calvin, in the link supplied, said

The total depravity of mankind makes it impossible to ever live a sinless live. We are constantly in sin due to our sin nature. 

I say that we live a sinless life in Christ Jesus who took away all of our sins.

We once were depraved, now we are righteous.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If we are constantly in sin we would never be fit for Heaven.

bcheavenbound.gif

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

I would have to elaborate on what you said Mrs. Mac. Though I agree on your statement, I don't think it is the whole statement.

You see, we are totally depraved. We are not righteous. We can never be....in and of ourselves....

You are right, that Christ became sin for us...but i don't think that enables us to live a sinless life. I think we can grow towards that goal, but I don't think it happens in this earthly life. We still have our flesh to contend with. What happens when we accept Christ as our substitue for sin...is we accept His bneing "made sin for us" so that our sin is no longer credited to our account.

You see? We still sin...but now, as a Christian, we have the "righteousness of God in [Christ]" covering it. That sin is no longer held against us because it was already held against our Savior on the cross.

We are constantly in sin....striving to wrestle our "members" into submission for the glory of our Lord....and we are NOT fit for heaven....we can never be....in and of ourselves....that is why we are clothed with the righteousnes of God so that we may BE MADE fit for that glorious setting where we will be given the opprotunity to fellowship and worship and adore and serve our Lord and Master forever and ever!!

We came to Him with a penitent heart...and died with Him on that cross. He was raised so that we might be with Him also...in newness of life!

It is HE that gives us the required righteousness for heaven.

It is HE that strengthens us against the temptations of sin.

It is HE that will eventually come for His people that have the *wedding garments* of His righteousness covering their flesh/sin nature.

I truely hope this came out right.

I pray that it was recieved knowing that it was written in humility of spirit and a deep longing for the return of our Lord and Risen Savior, Jesus Christ!

as always

~your servant in humility in Christ

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Pray for the Peace of Israel!

Blessings & Greetings~

RE: Are Jesus teachings only for the Jews?

Ofcourse not!

This world is made up of so many people who sometimes have a problem getting along with each other.

G-D sent a Messenger, Lord Jesus, to teach everyone how to get along.

Matthew 5 - All 48 verses, apply.

Ofcourse, everyone has a choice to listen and respond.

Snowdoove ;):P:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Saqz said it well!

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

You are right, that Christ became sin for us...but i don't think that enables us to live a sinless life. I think we can grow towards that goal, but I don't think it happens in this earthly life. We still have our flesh to contend with. What happens when we accept Christ as our substitue for sin...is we accept His bneing "made sin for us" so that our sin is no longer credited to our account.

This will not line up with the many Scriptures that tell us to be pure, holy, righteous, and Godly. Christ said we will do all things He did, and He definitely did not sin. Those sin's that we are convicted of by The Holy Spirit of, confessed to God, and repented of are no longer credited to our account. No one, and again I say no one has ever nor can they come up with a Scripture that makes the statement that we can't live sinless while on this pilgrimage.