IGNORED

I need your help evryone....

Guest AlbaD

Guest AlbaD

Everyone.. ineed help i wa talking in a christian thread on a book forum...We were talking about homosexuality and hwo god doesnt allow it.... The atheist...no believers in god join the conversation..throwing downa ll my thoughts amd ideas on the matter....I became lost.. i was being attacked by three diffrent people... i need help explaining to them... That god does not allow gay peopel to go to heaven i told them..

thsi is what i told them.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. says the Bible, that a person becomes a homosexual because of the sin (Roman 1:24 - 27), and definitively because of her own elecci A person can have been born with a great susceptibility towards the homosexualiTY, like there is people who have been born with a tendency to the violence and other sins. That does not excuse it to choose to sin when yielding to its sinful desires. If a person was born a great susceptibility towards anger it does not, gives him right to succumb to those desires? By all means no! This is equal with homosexuality.

Nevertheless, the Bible does not describe the homosexualidad like a

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

You know I really appreciate what you are doing. But actually most of these people just want to talk and string you along. All the head knowledge in the world is not going to cause anyone to accept the Lord. Only a conviction of sin and righteousness which is done by the Holy Spirit. So you need to be careful how you allow yourself to be led on in these issues. It truly often is not wise and is a waste of your precious energy. Now a person truly interested in sin and how to please God etc that is different.

The flat world or the round world is a side issue to side track you away from Jesus. As so many subjects are. Paul said that he preached Jesus and him crucified. The side issues are a road to pride. That is all.

So be encouraged. God does not expect you to be able to refute all their foolishness. Only Christ and him crucified.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

www.gotquestions.org

Answer: The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When a person continues in sin and disbelief, the Bible tells us that God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/16/1990

Another site about homosexuality & Christianity is www.livehope.org

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You know I really appreciate what you are doing. But actually most of these people just want to talk and string you along. All the head knowledge in the world is not going to cause anyone to accept the Lord. Only a conviction of sin and righteousness which is done by the Holy Spirit. So you need to be careful how you allow yourself to be led on in these issues. It truly often is not wise and is a waste of your precious energy. Now a person truly interested in sin and how to please God etc that is different.

The flat world or the round world is a side issue to side track you away from Jesus. As so many subjects are. Paul said that he preached Jesus and him crucified. The side issues are a road to pride. That is all.

So be encouraged. God does not expect you to be able to refute all their foolishness. Only Christ and him crucified.

I agree with Shepherdsgrace. We are supposed to carry the wonderful gospel message, but we are not responsible to 'make' anyone listen or heed our advice. I applaud you for your zeal to help people come to the knowledge of the truth, but don't exhaust your energy trying to 'make' people see it your way.

God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi Alba,

Welcome!

You might try a search here at WorthyBoards of "homosexuality" by clicking on the Search function at the top of your screen. There have been several threads on the topic.

I would suggest you pray for guidance to the Holy Spirit. If you feel led to continue this discussion with the atheists, remember to speak the truth in love. Your goal is to work with the Holy Spirit to plant seeds and bring them to a meeting with Jesus. You have not failed simply because they do not agree with you.

Be careful though. When you step on the devil's turf---trying to profess the truth to non-believers---he will attack you. Ask those around you to pray protection for you.

God bless you,

Fiosh

:noidea: