IGNORED

"Letter from an Atheist"

Guest Evangelist Dare

Guest Evangelist Dare

LETTER FROM AN ATHEIST

"You are really convinced that you've got all the answers. You've really got yourself tricked into believing that you're 100% right. Well, let me tell you just one thing. Do you consider yourself to be compassionate of other humans?

If you're right about God, as you say you are, and you believe that, then how can you sleep at night?

When you speak with me, you are speaking with someone who you believe is walking directly into eternal damnation, into an endless onslaught of horrendous pain, which your 'loving' god created, yet you stand by and do nothing.

"If you believed one bit that thousands every day were falling into an eternal and unchangeable fate, you should be running the streets mad with rage at their blindness.

That's equivalent to standing on a street corner and watching every person that passes you walk blindly directly into the path of a bus and die, yet you stand idly by and do nothing.

You're just twiddling your thumbs, happy in the knowledge that one-day that 'Walk' signal will shine your way across the road.

"Think about it. Imagine the horrors hell must have have in store if the Bible is true.

You're just going to allow that to happen and not care about saving anyone but yourself?

If you're right, then you're an uncaring, unemotional, and purely selfish (expletive) that has nor right to talk about subjects such as love and caring."

"Have you no desire for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself."

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore, hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him no warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, the wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

EZEKIEL 3:17-18

"Thou, therefore, gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee; be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them. And they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee."

JEREMIAH 1:17,19

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

JESUS, AS RECORDED IN MARK 16:15

"Have you no desire for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself."

CHARLES HADDON SPURGEON

"You have nothing to do but to save souls. Therefore spend and be spent in this work."

JOHN WESLEY

"God creates out of nothing. Therefore until a man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him."

MARTIN LUTHER

"Never mind who frowns, If God smiles."

CATHERINE BOOTH

"If you are saved, the work is only half done until you are employed to bring others to Christ."

CHARLES HADDON SPURGEON

"Beloved, we must win souls; we cannot live and see men damned."

CHARLES HADDON SPURGEON

i found this on this site given to me by a sister in christ ...

www.myfortress.org

strong medicine but that is good, we need strong medicine. amen we do...and i say as well, how can we sit idly by and let man not hear the truth of God's saving grace? how many neighbors do we have that are lost and we have not testified of God's goodness and saving grace? how many cashiers how many at work how many have we neglected to tell the good news too? how many hair dressers, barbers, how many have we neglected to tell the goodnews too and how many have we neglected to warn of God's impending judgment , of that great and terrible day when we all shall give an account to God? how many?....serving christ always, evang.dare

Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly

Joe 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand

cry aloud spare not lift up thy voice like a trumpet and show my people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins....isa.58

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you, Evangel...it's very true and speaks to my heart.

I'd like to respond to it.

I do have a heart for the lost. I went into the inner city streets in the mission field in a third world country to share the gospel to a people very different from myself.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. That's why I don't shy away from going into the gutters where sinners habitate. It matters not to me whether it be on Halloween or any other heathen activity.

I am available. I am near to the places where those who practice sin go. Not because I condone sin. Not because I'm attracted to sinful practices. Not because I enjoy or celebrate ungodliness...

I am available...on chat, on message boards, on the street, in my neighborhood, at the grocery store.

I look for opportunities. I wait for people to send the signals that God's been preparing their heart to receive .

Example:

We have so much opportunity to witness right here...every day.

We have a young man in high school named Teh Wiccan. He's a sweet young man and has such a kind heart. Yes, I know...he claims to be a Wiccan...but if you'll let you hearts hear what's he's not saying... in HIS heart...he's truly reaching out...

If we're available, instead of preaching the evils of sin...and be a friend and show how much we care, then will he see the Light of Jesus in us?

I believe the answer is "yes". He knows there are people out there called, "Christians" who love and care about him! That's more than Wicca can offer. It's more than the world can offer. It's something that's real.

Jesus' love is real.

Love takes time. Love isn't concerned with numbers...or how many did an altar call.

Love is a one on one - that takes time, precious time to love people and to show the Light of Christ. Contrary to what one poster said in another thread...yes, Jesus DOES take people right where they're at. Indeed He does. While we are yet sinners He loved us and gave His life for us... right where we're at - sinners that we are.

Nothing is more scalding to the soul of a lost person than Christians who are hung up on "numbers" and acting like they're selling something.

When people (individually) see how much we care; how deeply we love them as a person, then and only then will they see Jesus Christ made manifest in mere humans. Then and only then will they see the transforming power of Jesus Christ in a mere mortal.

Guest Brother Iron

Catsmeow,

Amen and very good sister. :P

Yet.....let me give a different reponse to this letter. Maybe it will sound like I both like a Jonah and Samson complex.

And who are you to say there is no God!!!??? With all the complexity

and variety of life and the whole universe. Even your heart and consciense speak of a sense of morality and some type of goodness and fairness...even, if just for you.

Are you so sure there is no God!!?? Knowing all beyond this universe and all dimensions that there is no God. Do you know more than God?? Are you a god yourself? Placing your faith in a no-God position results you in placing more of your trust in people,other systems of religions and philosophies,

and things only in this life. Eat,drink, and be merry cause tommorrow we will die. No purpose and no meaning in this life.

God says you are a fool!!! The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

( funny...as I write this I'm listening to "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers. :P )

God is Love...yet also God is Holy,Righteous, and Good. God cannot stand sin but loves His creatures...us,sinners. Out of His Love and to satisfy His Justice, He sent His Son to take our place for His judgement for us as sinners and our sins. Jesus shed his blood and died for all of us. It was an

inter-dimesional event(all encompassing event) where because of Jesus death and his ressurection we can all come by repenting and placing our faith in who He is and his finished work on the cross that brings the Peace With God towards us and thru His ressurection we become new creatures and creations in Christ.

Yes, there are two primary reasons why we Christians are here on this earth and not already in the new Heavens and Earth. First, to learn and grow up and mature in Christ and to walk with God in love and friendship..a lifelong process. Secondly, to be His arms+feet to others...in prayer,word and deed and spreading the gospel to others.

People will fail you. We are all imperfect. I can attest to that. Are you perfect??? Have you failed anybody or yourself??? Thanks to God that He will never fail us. We may not know all that He has nor allows in our lives.....the good,bad, and those inbetweens. The Holy Spirit must be wooing you to Jesus or at least stirring up your mind and heart for your need...that there is more in this life as well as more than this life. Ask the Father, in Jesus name to guide you to people that have care and concern for you and for your salvation.

I'd rather you hear the gospel and salvation in Jesus Christ in this life...and hopefully accept and receive Jesus Christ...rather than these:

(1) enter hell(holding tank for final separation of God) and hear and also experience separation from Love,Joy,Peace,Purpose,Hope,Friendship that is in and with God. To literally see and experience missed opportunities

of simply accepting salvation and eternal life in Christ. Among other things,

the hopelessness,meaningless,purposeness,aniexty,non fulfilling lust-ridden sins of yourself and others in this hell. Wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Is this what you want or need in your life and immortal state!!???

Hell was originally created as the dwelling place for the Devil and his demons for their rebellion and as sinners against God. Isolated from God

because they chose to be.

(2) at the Great White Throne judgement where both hades and death will be forver cast into God's reservior of judgement and justice....the Lake of Fire

you will appear there among all others who do not know Jesus...the rich, the poor, the "good people", the bad and wicked,......to be judged for being sinners and for their sins. The Book of Life will be opened and all other books. Your books will be opened too. Your whole life on earth will be reviewed. I imagine you have a thousand questions to ask. Our Father in love and patience will answer and show them to you. You will probably be in tears,terror and anguish and guilt.

God doesn't want anybody to go to hell(the holding tank) and then to the Great White Throne judgement and then eventually into eternal justice and wrath of Gods judgements. He sent His Son, the second person of the Holy Trinity, to pay the price for you. Don't go there!!!!...yet, the choice is yours to make and its up to you.

I don't know if we will be there as witnesses and for testimony at the Great White Throne...yet......I will feel sorry for you.

So here is a cup of water....the living waters that satisfy the soul. The eternal,abundant of life which is Jesus Christ.

Brother Iron

I can honestly say that only one person really showed me Christian love before I got saved...and she was a Roman Catholic..

But she gave the example of Christian love that made me stop and think...

maybe there's something to this ...Jesus....

People need to see Christ alive in us...it was when I saw Him alive in my friend that I began to realize Jesus was more than some myth...but real.

Guest Brother Iron

Yes,

I agree with you catsmeow. Yet, it at times must be tough love. Sometimes you must be firm yet loving and concerned.

You have to defend the faith in season and out of season. And if that means telling them and warning them about hell and separation of God then I will ....if the flip side of both Heaven and eternal life of Jesus is ignored or laughed upon or not believed. Jesus spoke more about Hell than he did about Heaven.

I try with a balanced approach the dangers of hell and the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Yes, the Christ in us--thru the Holy Spirit--sharing His love and friendship out to others which includes the warnings and dangers of eternal separation from God. :o

your bro,

Brother Iron

Guest Evangelist Dare

amen brother iron....i agree...everyone is different but God knows who needs what and thats why it is so important to be led by the spirit ...sometimes it takes a little fear to give that person that extra nudge to obey the gospel..God promises no one a tomorrow and they need to know it........ ....God bless.......love an dprayers, dare

Yes,

I agree with you catsmeow. Yet, it at times must be tough love. Sometimes you must be firm yet loving and concerned.

Yes, I know brother...but it's hard for me...I'm a "mercy" type and have a hard time with that.

I'm usually sympathizing with people...more than being tough.

Comes from a life time of being badly hurt. My mother rejected me and my father when I was an infant. There's something about being rejected by your own mother that really affects you.

God has used it for the good, though.

Guest Brother Iron

cats, and Dare

maybe you don't know.....yet I need some advice on my other post. It concerns both my sister Diane and me. The post above about what I call the the freaky weirdness.

For me, it doesn't happen all the time....yet it happens...its like I can see into their souls or something. Its hard to explain. Maybe I can "cold read" a person at times. I at times accept it and then continue on relating and communicating to that person.

I'm going to tell my sister yes!!!!! we do all have a skull and a body skeleton for the framework of our body. If we didn't we all would be blobs of gelatin of cells,flesh and organs. True!!!!!!!!......yet whatever our physical form or earthsuit that God created for us we are primarily and essentially a spirit/soul housed in an earthsuit. Yes!!!!! :noidea:

for those who read my post above in the topic section about the weirdness...sorry if I grossed you out.

Brother Iron

I must have missed the "weirdness" post but it sounds like discernment or something...

I have learned that we're all wired differently..each with his own gifts and perspectives. I try not to be too hard on someone because they're wired differently ....I only have a pet peeve when it comes to really judgemental people who are rigid legalists..(off the topic here)...

But again, it sounds like you're just wired to discern of tune into people's motives or their mindset.

I'm wired to sympathize and feel compassion...after a lifetime of emotional pain.

We all seem to bring special gifts and talents to the table.