I agree

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, it's my understanding that if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and understand that he gave up his life for us, then you are going to heaven. Because recently I was told that if you're committing a sin (like fornication or lying, for example) and the rapture occurs, you will not go to heaven. Is there any truth to this? I'm so confused!

Sierra,

You ask a very good question. Here is what the Bible has to say about the subject:

First, God is a Holy God. God cannot associate with sin (Jn. 1:5). Man on the other hand has sinned. He does wrong things, he thinks wrong things, and he says wrong things (Rom. 3:23). Because God is holy and just He must judge sin (Rev. 21). Man is therefore under God

Guest LadyC

once saved, you can still choose to reject the gift of salvation. obviously i'm not a subscriber to the OSAS doctrine. BUT, i agree with darski, there is no truth in that. we're all as filthy as rags in the eyes of God, no matter if we're sinning when the rapture occurs or not. those who miss the rapture are the ones who have abandoned their faith in God... those who have rejected the gift of eternal life, whether they rejected it from day one or whether they rejected it at some point after accepting it. this isn't something that happens by accident or without our awareness, because only we can become apostate by an act of our own choice.

once youre saved, you CAN NOT reject your salvation. it goes against everything the Bible teaches. there is no possible way to lose your salvation after you recieve it. the Bible says that no one can pluck you out of Gods hand, and that includes yourself.

that's not what scripture says. you have (probably not intentionally but because of the doctrine you've been taught) taken certain passages out of context by virtue of ignoring the passages that deal directly with the issue of apostacy. and in ancticipation of someone suggesting this, let me go ahead and say no, i'm not going to take the time right now to post a hundred scriptures, i've done that in countless threads. but you're welcome to look up some of the many threads on the issue of OSAS and study them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

And of course I feel the need to ring in here with the fact that it is the will of God that Jesus loses no one. If you accept the words of Jesus about himself you will be His and will never be lost. He is able to hold onto you. We don't have the power but He does. Trust in Him as a child trust their parent - he will do the rest.

Mark

Guest LadyC

again, the OSAS doctrine contradicts many, many scriptures. the non-OSAS doctrine does not contradict any scriptures. one must take ALL scriptures in context with all others.

in any case, whichever doctrine one subscribes to does not invalidate the salvation of any of us, so it's really not worth splitting hairs over.

Guest jckduboise
Wow!! That sure beats my plan! I figured on Judgment Day, I was just going to hide behind someone who had always been a 'good doobie' and when the gate to Heaven swung open for him, I WAS GOING TO RUN FOR IT!!!!

:wub: good one Leonard!..you slay me!! :)

Guest jckduboise

there was a time when it was so sweet to believe that the OSAS was a true docterine but have discovered that it is false teaching and very dangerous..it is the lazy way of belonging to the Church and a Christian. IMHO

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

LadyC,

There is a very long thread about this very subject a few pages back calledOnce Saved Always Saved. Great arguments from all three sides are there. And if you go and read it in its totality you will see there wasn't one passage that was brought up that wasn't completely answered - by all sides. Someone there made the statement that it all came down to interpretation - and I agree. As a OSAS person, I do not know of one verse or passage that disproves the concept. But, Here you are saying the same thing. I know the bible very well and I am sure you do too. So why is that? I believe Smalcald asked this question. Maybe the next logical extention to this conversation is in that direction.

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Please do not turn this into a debate in front of someone who is seeking to know Jesus