WISDOM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My husband has this friend that he did not see for a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't give details Rosanne. How do we know if the guy was wrong and proud if we don't know what the argument was? Anyway, now I get it. The guy is one of those horrible dreaded Catholics, oh no. Mormons, Baptists, and Catholics, oh my! (the wizard of oz was on tonight :t2:) You're worried your husband will get "led astray" right? If the guy was Baptist he could be saved or even if he just had a personal salvation experience without the help of a church, that's possible too. Maybe he was relating being "born again" to fundamentalism instead of having had a salvation experience? There's nothing wrong with having a Catholic friend and discussing scripture with him. You husband is a big boy now, he can take care of himself. Maybe it is your pride that is hurting??? One thing is for sure, Catholics are usually a lot more accepting and less condemning than born again fundamentalists, sad to say. Maybe that's why your husband likes this guy. Don't get me wrong, my beliefs are mostly along fundamental lines, but I do recognize a fanatical element of fundamentalism that I'm not too crazy about because they see the devil in just about everybody and everything. If your husband is saved and has the Holy Spirit, then he is in the Lord's hands no matter where his mind or body is. Pray the Lord's will be done. Maybe he in some way can help this guy to get truly saved if he isn't already. Sometimes God works His will in funny ways. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Hello Rosanne.... :t2:

Have you ever thought about swapping a book with him?  Sometimes the best "defense" of what you may believe is an understanding of the other person's "offense".  This at least becomes an effort to styep in the right direction.  Pray about it and allow the SPIRIT to lead.  If HE doesn't lead you into the directions you seek with the gentleman, leave it alone.

One more thing...a loving word of advice....., it doesn't matter how many spiritual books we read as Christians if we don't make the personal application, respectfully.  Who YOU are and what YOU do matters most to our FATHER.  How charming you are or how many awards you get is not going to impress the CREATOR of the Universe.  You and I can play all the roles we want, but it doesn't make any difference if we're not playing the one part HE wrote for you and me.  

Sis, we push "pride" aside when we begin to realize our LORD wants every person to be a whole person....a completely unique individual, NOT half of someone else.   :thumb:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Don't get me wrong, my beliefs are mostly along fundamental lines, but I do recognize a fanatical element of fundamentalism that I'm not too crazy about because they see the devil in just about everybody and everything.

Sad, but true Levi.

It is a pet peeve with me too.  There is the danger of blaming many of our own chosen faults on the Enemy, when in fact we're actually the culprit in many of those instances.   :t2:

Roseann-

There is really only one book that counts to me and that is the Bible. God gave us His Word to reveal His nature and plan for mankind.  We use it to measure all things by. I am sure you are aware of this, however, those who are not of God do not and this is how they can come to deviate from the truth. Men and women can write very convincingly about all subjects and can give those who are lacking in faith false ideals. It is by the work of the Holy Spirit that believers have discernment of truth.

There comes a fine line when we are instructing on truth and when we are forcing our own doctrines on others. You will never go wrong by pointing someone to the Word to seek out truth.  While your husband is impressed with this man, and you are able to see the inconsistency with his doctrines in accordance with Scripture, your husband is not.  "No one can come to me unless the Father who has sent me draws him" John 6:44. God uses us, those who belong to Him to help draw others to Him through the work of the Holy Spirit within us.  In other words, by living in Christ you can draw your husband and others toward the truth by your joy and peace, love and light and putting on Christ.....

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Roseanne,

This might appear contrary to some, but I once learned that our policing agencies, particularly the treasury people, learn to identify "counterfeit" money, by becoming so acquainted with what "real" money looks like and feels like, that it becomes pretty easy to identify the counterfeit.

So my advice to you would be to steep yourself in the Word and prayer, seeking God's Kingdom and His righteousness, then when the enemy approaches to test you, you can easily say: "Not by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God".

His Word is:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

First of all how many books anyone reads is not the issue. The issue is pride.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe in sound doctrine.

You haven't told us what you believe or what the details of the argument are so how is it possible for us to know who is right or wrong or full of pride and the devil???? You don't give the facts. I'm not going to say I agree with you when you haven't even told me what you believe and what it is you disagree with exactly. You sound a little ruffled by your reply. Do I detect a hint of pride? Well, we all have pride. Maybe the man is proud but really that has nothing to do with sound doctrine. You haven't explained things nearly clearly enough so what do you want us to do?

Plus,I love my husbands soul even if you dont.  Stop making excuses blaming us for loving sound doctrine. Truly,some people all sound so much alike because demons are controlling you whether you know it or not.

Has your husband received Christ? Is it necessary to believe all the right doctrines to be saved or is faith in Christ enough. I don't think believing in the pre trib rapture when it turns out to be post will get you a ticket to hell. I think I have more questions than anything about what exactly you are talking about. Those last few statements sound like you may have a little spiritual pride yourself. If that's how you talk to your husband, I can understand that he might be a little cool towards you. I immediately dismiss people's arguments when they try to use condemnation to get a one up.

Guest C.D. Light

Roseanne--I have to agree with you. Catholics do have a lot of false pride because as we've both seen, THEY are the CHURCH, and THEY have the pope, and THEY are the largest religion in the whole world.  And THEY have been taught that the rcc is the ONLY true church.  Yep, a LOT of pridefulness there, no doubt about it.

But when you get right down to it, they have all the above, but no Jesus.  So in the end, they actually have nothing. Its because they only have the above things, and no Holy Spirit whatsoever, that their pride is so out of hand.

Also, what RC'ers dont realize is that everytime they preach their false gospel to others, they dig their own grave a little deeper--much blood will be on their own hands.

If I were you, I would try to take your husband aside and show him scriptures which show the Rcc as another gospel which leads to destruction, and also pray for him, tell Satan to take his hands off--and you mean RIGHT NOW.

Then I'd ask God to remove this man from his midst. You are correct; we are to have no company with those types; we are to turn away from them.  Thats scriptureal.

And Roseanne, you did not post with any pride whatsoever by revealing you've read so many books.

It is my opinion that the Rcc is run by satanic influence and when anyone entertains any interest in it, satan grabs hold of them and refuses to let go.  Its the reason RC'ers are so deceived and worst of all, they cannot even wake up long enough to see it.

Your husband needs to take a strong stand and quit waffling on the Lord here; no two ways about it. I believe satan is using this man to sway your husband so as to disrupt your marriage and your household.  Satan uses whomever he can that is near us, or in our midst.

Your husband also needs to understand that the Lord could come for us at any moment, and its too late in Time to be playing around with the ideas of others, or to straddle the line here.  The Lord is going to have to hit him over the head here  :t2:

Good honest post, Rosanne.  

cd