IGNORED

Why celebrat Easter, Christmas if you don't believe in Jesus?

Guest lnj

I'm relatively certain that the region is modern day Pakistan, I could be wrong though. The point is that the regions winters were too cold for shephards to be assumed to be outside.

Arjuous,

So did the shepherds build makeshift shelters for themselves in winter?LNJ

I guess the question at this point is: Why are believers celebrating Christmas?

Sylvan3, :wub:

Since becoming a Christian, the Birth of Jesus has really come alive for me now. It' such a joyous, sacred time and it saddens me to see the cheapness of how it is celebrated in this modern era. I know that December most likely isn't the actual date of Jesus' birth but I now celebrate it in such a different way than how I once did :o LNJ

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm relatively certain that the region is modern day Pakistan, I could be wrong though. The point is that the regions winters were too cold for shephards to be assumed to be outside.

Arjuous,

So did the shepherds build makeshift shelters for themselves in winter?LNJ

They had homes...it was cold so they were inside. Either way it's a moot point, just thought I'd mention it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

ummm...Jesus the Messiah was born in Bethlehem, which I think is in Judea, and many people now believe that Jesus was actually born in springtime.

But we still carry on in the tradition that was established...doesn't matter. We are recognizing Christ's birth.

ummm...Jesus the Messiah was born in Bethlehem, which I think is in Judea, and many people now believe that Jesus was actually born in springtime.

But we still carry on in the tradition that was established...doesn't matter. We are recognizing Christ's birth.

I agree, that's the point of the holiday. But the tradition was established long before Christianity, or even Judaism. And involved getting wasted of wine and having sex with each other (yes, even gay sex). Sleep on that.

I agree, that's the point of the holiday. But the tradition was established long before Christianity, or even Judaism. And involved getting wasted of wine and having sex with each other (yes, even gay sex). Sleep on that.

How can the tradition of "Christmas" have been established before Christianity? Give me a break. Yes a pagan celebration of sorts did take place sometime around that same season of the year, and if I am correct, the so-called powers that be made an edict that would counter all that pagan stuff and made a substitution--a day to celebrate Christ's birth. So what?

How can the tradition of "Christmas" have been established before Christianity? Give me a break.

Why don't you look up where the 'Christmas Tree' came from. It was pagan celebration of the spring. Do research before you make comments like 'Give me a break.'

Yes a pagan celebration of sorts did take place sometime around that same season of the year, and if I am correct, the so-called powers that be made an edict that would counter all that pagan stuff and made a substitution--a day to celebrate Christ's birth. So what?

So you just admitted the holiday existed on the same day beforehand, they just changed the name. So, the tradition of Christmas, or whichever name you want to call it, was created before Christianity. That is my point.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

We want to celebrate it. So someone picked a day.

How can the tradition of "Christmas" have been established before Christianity? Give me a break.

Why don't you look up where the 'Christmas Tree' came from. It was pagan celebration of the spring. Do research before you make comments like 'Give me a break.'

Yes a pagan celebration of sorts did take place sometime around that same season of the year, and if I am correct, the so-called powers that be made an edict that would counter all that pagan stuff and made a substitution--a day to celebrate Christ's birth. So what?

So you just admitted the holiday existed on the same day beforehand, they just changed the name. So, the tradition of Christmas, or whichever name you want to call it, was created before Christianity. That is my point.

Please...You give us all a break. We know there was a pagan celebration before the Christmas celebration was introduced! The point you choose to miss is that we deny it any part of our choice to worship Jesus the Saviour on December 25! It is not pagan in any way. Why argue about the origin of the holiday? We all agree about it. Doesn't make Christmas pagan in the least. It is a fine substitute. It WAS NOT a Christmas tradition before Christ..but only because of Christ, a day of celebration was instituted!

NEXT!! :)