• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1971

Keilan, I believe in God; I am not a Christian by the SOF of this board. I do not believe this is a fulfilled prophecy that "proves" that God spoke through Ezekiel. I'm not out to say God didn't speak to Ezekiel. I'm just offering another opinion and further scrutiny of claimed "fulfilled prophecy" that I have studied.

As far as "Bless you" goes, it is a well-wishing, that is all. I'm not speaking Christianese. I would be happy for wordsower to be blessed. So many other posts are full of mindless drivel. I appreciate her putting up something worth thinking about.

Emeradgirl,

In Ezekiel 26:3, the prophet said that Tyre, the Phoenician Empire's most powerful city, would be attacked by many nations, because of its treatment of Israel. At about the time that Ezekiel delivered this prophecy, Babylon had begun a 13-year attack on Tyre's mainland. Later, in about 332 BC, Alexander the Great conquered the island of Tyre and brought an end to the Phoenician Empire. Tyre later fell under the rule of the Romans, the Crusaders and the Moslems, who destroyed the city, again, in 1291.

Your post is very long, could take me a while to answer all of that.

Yes, it says attacked by many nations, but when it specifically talks about Nebachadnezzer, it says He will throw the pillars into the sea, etc. Did Ezekiel really mean to say, "Neb would attack the city and some other dude would throw the pillars into the sea."? Alexander the Great is the one who smashed the city to bits and threw all the debris into the sea. Again, I'm not splitting hairs about exactly who did what; sure there are things about this prophecy that would be hard to just guess at. But if Ezekiel was taking dictation from God, so to speak, nothing should be inaccurate.

And...my post was long? :wub: Did you see yours?! :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

And...my post was long? Did you see yours?!

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

You're right!

So long I haven't had time to answer you.....sorry!! I'll try to get to it after church tomorrow.

Alright, so I'll stay up allnight instead......

My point in the thread was to show that the rebirth of Israel was predicted to the day 3000 years before it happened, anywho, about that other stuff.

In the 26th chapter of Ezekiel (592-570 BC) seven things are predicted to happen to the city of Tyre:

1) Nebuchadnezzar will destroy the mainland of Tyre (Ezekiel 26:8).

2) Many nations against Tyre (Ezekiel 26:3).

3) Make her a bare rock; flat like the top of a rock (Ezekiel 26:4).

4) Fishermen will spread their nets over the site (Ezekiel 26:5).

5) Throw the debris into the water (Ezekiel 26:12).

6) Never be rebuilt (Ezekiel 26:14).

7) Never be found again (Ezekiel 26:21) (2/285)

Nebuchadnezzar laid siege to mainland Tyre three years after the prophecy and after a 13 year siege (585-573 BC) Tyre made terms and acknowledged Babylonian authority over them (4 xxii.452) When Nebuchadnezzar broke the gates down, he found the city almost empty. The majority of the people had moved by ship to an island about 1/2 miles off the coast and fortified a city there. The mainland city was destroyed in 573 BC, as predicted. The city of Tyre on the island remained a powerful city for several hundred years. (2/286)

Alexander the Great, in his war on Persia, marching southward called on each city to open their gates to him, as part of his plan to deny the use to the Persian fleet. Tyre refused to do so, and Alexander laid siege to the city. Possessing no fleet, he demolished old Tyre, on the mainland, and with the debris built a causeway 200 feet wide across the straits separating the old and new towns, erecting towers and war engines at the farther end. (4/xxii. 452) Tyre continually raided the causeway with fire-ships greatly retarding progress, until Alexander pressured conquered subjects to make ships for his operation. After attaining a superior naval force, Alexander finished the causeway, battered the walls of Tyre down killed eight thousand of the inhabitants and sold thirty thousand into slavery. (5/153)

A history book by a secular historian reads, "Alexander the Great ... reduced Tyre to ruins... The larger part of the site of the once great city is now bare as the top of a rock --- a place where fishermen now spread their nets to dry." (5/55)

Another historian, John C. Beck, says, "The history of Tyre does not stop with after the conquest of Alexander. Men continue to rebuild her and armies continue to besiege her walls, until finally after sixteen hundred years, she falls never to be rebuilt again." (6/41)

All the prophecies of Ezekiel about Tyre have come true: Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the mainland city of Tyre; Many nations were against Tyre; Alexander made her a bare rock and threw debris into the water to make the causeway; fishermen now spread nets over the site; (there is a city of Tyre today, but it is located down the coast from the original Tyre) the old city of Tyre has never been rebuilt, even though a great freshwater spring are located at the site, providing 10,000,000 gallons daily. It is still an excellent site today but has never been rebuilt, although many have tried. All seven of the predictions came true in the minutest detail.

Now, I'm old, but I wasn't there so I didn't see it firsthand or anything. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  487
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I know what your thinking. This calculation and prophecy is contrived by over -zealous Christians. However, ancient Jewish Rabbinical writings in the Talmud, which are dated from the time between Daniel and the time of Jesus Christ, reveal without a doubt that the Hebrew scholars recognized this prophecy of Daniel as Messianic. That is referring to the coming of the Messiah.(7)

Hi wordsower, could you provide a reference to the Talmud please?

The Process:

According to the info I have it was Ber 56b.

About enough tripping up my thread with side notes.

The Rebirth of Israel was predicted thousands of years before ith appened.

End of story,end of thread.