• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Lypse,

Are you saved...?

If you died tonight would you go to heaven...?

Or would you go to hell...??

What do you think..? Let me put it another way....According to the bible, where would you go....? I dont want any excuses or statements of justification....A simple answer in reference to what the bible says about you...being a sinner an all..? According to the Holy Bible, where would be your destination should you die when your head hits the pillow tonight...?

Regards,

Ben.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest instant-wisdom
oooh okay, I think I got what you mean. I'd have to say then, no, I don't believe, I know that emotions/feelings are chemical reactions (and Ask An Atheist broke it down nicely emot-handshake.gif ). I curious, what do you think they are??

sorry for the delayed reply,

I think feelings are something more tangible then what is physically seen, I believe there is a process that goes on in the body connected to it, but I believe it is a reaction of the real being of ourselves, our soul.

new question: what is love? is it a chemical reaction?

also I dont recall if I said or not but none of my rpeleis are meant in anger, frustration or hostility or anything, I say that since others have this concern and also I have ran into misunderstandings when chatting all over the net in various situations, Im at this forum to be aorund other Christians and Im in this thread to chat and ask questions :wub:

God bless you!

Edited by instant-wisdom

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

So, rather than admit your sins, confess them to God, repent and be forgiven and saved...You would rather believe that when it comes to feelings, you would choose to believe that your children only have "chemical reactions" to you...?? Can you explain guilt...Can you explain why even if a person is not caught committing an offense he still feels guilty for having committed it...? Can you explain why when we experience the pangs of guilt and heaviness, the Load is somehow lifted when we know we have been forgiven...? Have you ever felt guilt Lypse..The horrible feeling of anticipation before you finally come clean and confess.....? Do you remember how free you felt when your offense was forgiven.....? I have a question for you.....

How do you think you will feel standing in front of a righteous and Holy God with a whole LIFETIME of unforgiven sins now weighing you down having received the revelation of the depth of your sinfulness toward a Holy and Righteous God...??? And they will be your burden for all eternity because you didnt repent and seek Gods forgiveness.......How heavy a burden is that to carry on your own back for ever and ever...??? No wonder the word of God says, "And their backs shall be bent forever." As if that alone wouldnt be Hell...? Having to bare the burden of your guilt forever...An entire lifetime of UNforgiven sins.

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1.) Would you want to do things ( your life ) over ?

I would, though I wouldnt feel as though I deserved a second chance

2.) What would you do over if you could ( which you can't, but you may wish )

Devote my life to God and spread the word as best I could

3) Will you feel stupid for not taking God's free gift of eternal life when you had the chance but repeatedly turned it down ?

I wouldn't feel stupid, I'd just wonder what signs for Gods existence I missed or overlooked (cause as far as I'm concerned, there are no signs)

Lypse,

Are you saved...?

Nope

If you died tonight would you go to heaven...?

Or would you go to hell...??

Neither

What do you think..? Let me put it another way....According to the bible, where would you go....? I dont want any excuses or statements of justification....A simple answer in reference to what the bible says about you...being a sinner an all..? According to the Holy Bible, where would be your destination should you die when your head hits the pillow tonight...?

Regards,

Ben.

According to the Bible, I'd have a one way ticket to hell

So, rather than admit your sins, confess them to God, repent and be forgiven and saved...You would rather believe that when it comes to feelings, you would choose to believe that your children only have "chemical reactions" to you...??

Just because feelings are 'chemical reactions' does not mean they aren't real, but of course you'd think different.

Can you explain guilt...Can you explain why even if a person is not caught committing an offense he still feels guilty for having committed it...? Can you explain why when we experience the pangs of guilt and heaviness, the Load is somehow lifted when we know we have been forgiven...? Have you ever felt guilt Lypse..The horrible feeling of anticipation before you finally come clean and confess.....? Do you remember how free you felt when your offense was forgiven.....? I have a question for you.....

How do you think you will feel standing in front of a righteous and Holy God with a whole LIFETIME of unforgiven sins now weighing you down having received the revelation of the depth of your sinfulness toward a Holy and Righteous God...??? And they will be your burden for all eternity because you didnt repent and seek Gods forgiveness.......How heavy a burden is that to carry on your own back for ever and ever...??? No wonder the word of God says, "And their backs shall be bent forever." As if that alone wouldnt be Hell...? Having to bare the burden of your guilt forever...An entire lifetime of UNforgiven sins.

Regards,

Ben.

:o

Hey, Lypse, do you mind if I reply to some questions as well?

Not wanting to hijack your thread or anything, there's just some questions that might be fun to answer.

AAA,

Are you aware that to say you do not believe something, is in fact another way of saying....."Well, YES I have heard all of those things, but I have chosen to reject them..Thankyou...!

Just so long as you KNOW that..!! You're not a NONbeliever....You are a REJECTER of the gospel of Christ. You see, you HAVE heard..

Enjoy answering all the questions you like AAA....But dont forget to answer the ones that really count..

"Am I really a sinner who needs to repent..?"

"Is Jesus really the only way to God..?"

"Did he really say that unless a man repents he shall perish...?"

AAA......If you didnt have any doubts as to what you believed, you wouldnt be in here....!! The evidence that you DO have doubts and are UNcertain is demonstrated by your being here...!!

God has a plan...Im going to sit back and watch it unfold....YOU cant even see it happening...But everyone else in here can...Go ahead and ask them...!!!

Ill say it again AAA.....I'm more interested in being your brother than your friend...I think you will find everyone else who is a follower of Christ on this board would say the same.....

Can I hear an AMEN, people.....????????????????

Keep seeking AAA...But dont bother trying to impress us with your vast knowledge and worldly wisdom..We arent interested in YOUR words. They hold no value for eternal life. We are only interested in the words of Christ...Only HE has the words of eternal life.

Regards,

Ben.

Hey AAA,

Have you ever seen the movie "The Apostle."???

Remember the guy that comes into the church in the middle of the service and tries to disrupt proceedings.....????

Remember what the Apostle does..?????? If you havent seen the movie, I will tell you what he does....

He calmly walks up to the man and asks him politely to step outside and discuss whatever issue it is he has.....

The man decides to try to throw a punch at the Apostle...and there the story Im about to tell you begins...

The Apostle takes the man out into the front yard of the church and gives him such a thrashing that he would never forget it..

Later on in the same movie AAA this same man comes with a few "friends" and a bulldozer to flatten the church to get his revenge...

The Apostle places a bible right in front of his bulldozer and tells the man to run over it...But be ready for the wrath of God if he DOES...!

Slowly but surely the man after a few slight lunges forward comes close to trampling the Word of God and then steps down from his bulldozer to Move the bible.

He was afraid of what would happen if he DID trample it...When he touched the bible, the power of God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit came upon that man and he fell to his knees, wept like a baby and cried out to God for forgiveness.....He was SAVED....!!!!

You might ask why Im bothering to tell you this story AAA, so I will tell you....

YOU are THAT man.....!! Even after a right royal thrashing from the preacher man and an attempt to seek vengeance with his bulldozer and a few "friends", the Power of God won out...When the Holy Spirit of God comes upon you to convict you of sin, there is no turning back AAA.....

This hasnt happened to you yet, so until then you will always be that man who comes into the church to try to disrupt proceedings....You will try to spread your vain philosophies and try to impress people with your vast knowledge that leads only to death....While you laugh and mock, those who are here would weep for you for you are lost.....

Gods forgivness is never a measure of how worthy we are to receive it AAA.....Gods forgiveness is a measure of how forgiving GOD IS....The Apostle was just a man AAA and I am just a man....The value has never been in the one who shares the message...The value has always been in the message itself....The value is in the SEED...NOT the SOWER.....It doesnt matter WHO plants the seed, a repentant murderer or a repentant liar...The seed is still going to grow. Take your eyes of the MESSENGER AAA, and begin to focus on the MESSAGE.....Stop trampling the Pearls AAA and start to look at them. The good news of Christ...The Gospel. Weve already admitted to you that we are sinners saved only by grace..We dont try to hide that......There arent any "good" people in heaven AAA...Only repentant sinners. Jesus only came for the "Sinner."

Food for thought..

Regards,

Ben.

Hey AAA,

Have you ever seen the movie "The Apostle."???

Remember the guy that comes into the church in the middle of the service and tries to disrupt proceedings.....????

Remember what the Apostle does..?????? If you havent seen the movie, I will tell you what he does....

He calmly walks up to the man and asks him politely to step outside and discuss whatever issue it is he has.....

The man decides to try to throw a punch at the Apostle...and there the story Im about to tell you begins...

The Apostle takes the man out into the front yard of the church and gives him such a thrashing that he would never forget it..

Later on in the same movie AAA this same man comes with a few "friends" and a bulldozer to flatten the church to get his revenge...

The Apostle places a bible right in front of his bulldozer and tells the man to run over it...But be ready for the wrath of God if he DOES...!

Slowly but surely the man after a few slight lunges forward comes close to trampling the Word of God and then steps down from his bulldozer to Move the bible.

He was afraid of what would happen if he DID trample it...When he touched the bible, the power of God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit came upon that man and he fell to his knees, wept like a baby and cried out to God for forgiveness.....He was SAVED....!!!!

You might ask why Im bothering to tell you this story AAA, so I will tell you....

YOU are THAT man.....!! Even after a right royal thrashing from the preacher man and an attempt to seek vengeance with his bulldozer and a few "friends", the Power of God won out...When the Holy Spirit of God comes upon you to convict you of sin, there is no turning back AAA.....

This hasnt happened to you yet, so until then you will always be that man who comes into the church to try to disrupt proceedings....You will try to spread your vain philosophies and try to impress people with your vast knowledge that leads only to death....While you laugh and mock, those who are here would weep for you for you are lost.....

Gods forgivness is never a measure of how worthy we are to receive it AAA.....Gods forgiveness is a measure of how forgiving GOD IS....The Apostle was just a man AAA and I am just a man....The value has never been in the one who shares the message...The value has always been in the message itself....The value is in the SEED...NOT the SOWER.....It doesnt matter WHO plants the seed, a repentant murderer or a repentant liar...The seed is still going to grow. Take your eyes of the MESSENGER AAA, and begin to focus on the MESSAGE.....Stop trampling the Pearls AAA and start to look at them. The good news of Christ...The Gospel. Weve already admitted to you that we are sinners saved only by grace..We dont try to hide that......There arent any "good" people in heaven AAA...Only repentant sinners. Jesus only came for the "Sinner."

Food for thought..

Regards,

Ben.

No offense, but you make less and less sense with every post. I don't burn your bible, I don't trample on the word of your god, and I don't care if you believe something different than I. I would never attempt to attack a preacher, or anyone else, for their beliefs, as long as they were not trying to hurt me. It does not apply.

None taken....Ive explained to you through at least 5 different threads using possibly 50 different posts WHY it makes no sense to you. You are trampling the word of God simply by BEING an atheist AAA....You are denying the very testimony that God has given regarding his only begotten son..And you are NOT ignorant to this. You profess your own goodness with your own mouth. All these things are trampling the word of God..Its trampling all over the blood that was shed for your own salvation. "Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins."

You ask the same questions over and over and demonstrate that you havent heard what anyone has said to you. This is because you do not have faith.

Faith is not manufactured, it is given...By God. "It is the gift from God, NOT of yourself, lest any man boast that he earned it." This faith I have is not MINE AAA...It is Gods. I couldnt have manufactured it even if I wanted to. Jesus said it himself. "Apart from ME you can do nothing." I cant give myself faith in God.

That is why I cannot give you faith AAA....Its NOT mine to give..You will ultimately only find the truth when you are ready to humble yourself before God. When you are ready to cry out to him for forgiveness, Then HE will SAVE you. Contrary to mainstream Christian teaching AAA, there is something that people are telling you that is not true.....It has nothing to do with YOU accepting Jesus....

It has EVERYTHING to do with God ACCEPTING YOU through the atoning work of Christ. Just as he accepted the Work of Christ, he will only accept those who believe in the work of Christ on the cross.......!!!! You cannot take part in this offer of forgiveness AAA, if you dont believe in the event that brought it about. Scripture is clear on this. "Just as IN CHRIST, God has forgiven YOU." The bottom line AAA, is that when God looks at you, he will see either His only begotten son or he will see UNrepentant sin. This is not a lottery AAA where you just roll the dice and give Jesus a try..You wont even hear from him until you are ready to humble yourself before him. Its not about HAPPINNESS or GOODNESS....Its about RIGHTEOUSNESS..Gods Holy Righteousness. If you think anything Less, then you will truly be a false convert. When you can admit to your sins and humble yourself, and when you can truly see that what awaits the unrepentant sinner IS perfect Justice, you will begin to gain understanding...

At this point therefore AAA, I feel it is in my best interest and yours to wipe the dust from my feet and move on. You have heard. There is nothing more I or anyone else on this board can tell you. None of us can convince you to repent...None of US has the words of eternal life. Only Jesus. We can share them with you, but we cannot give them to you...Only HE can.

I will leave you with the question I posed to you on another thread.....When you do stand before Jesus, and your proof has been given....As Jesus holds up the Word of God, points to the creation all around you and at that point you notice the scars from the cross on his body.....What will you say to him when he asks you.."Why did you not believe..?"

Its been interesting..

Regards,

Ben.