• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1987

I would like to know what exactly you think of when you hear the word respect.

Also if you talk about it what points should be mentoned,

and if you have heard any great stories on respect please share them.

All advice and answers are truly appreciated, just wanted to hear other christians opinions on this matter, thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/06/1987

Thank you H for your answer and the scriptures I appreciate you taking the time to post that!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/31/1964

I know one thing. We have to respect ourselves before we can respect others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

:P;) My opinion on respect is that kids need to be disclipined better and that adults should be more courtsey with avoiding road rage. I've had kids tell me cuss words and adults acting like kids out of sheer madness. Respect to have honor and truth and justice for mankind and myself is what it means to me. God wanted us to have those types of qualities to treat each other with respect. Instead all we get is rude behavior and some loud people. Sorry if you don't like the answer that is my honest opinion. ;):wub::wub::wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/26/1964

:24::24: My opinion on respect is that kids need to be disclipined better and that adults should be more courtsey with avoiding road rage. I've had kids tell me cuss words and adults acting like kids out of sheer madness. Respect to have honor and truth and justice for mankind and myself is what it means to me. God wanted us to have those types of qualities to treat each other with respect. Instead all we get is rude behavior and some loud people. Sorry if you don't like the answer that is my honest opinion. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I agree with you Lady G. I have teen-agers coming to my house that do not even know the meaning of the word respect. They even call their parents names to their faces. Mine tried that, but I put a stop to it real fast. As far as the road rage goes, I have seen to much of that also. If people would leave their houses early enough to get where they are going they would not have to get so mad. There is such a lack of respect and integrity in this world now adays. When I was young I did not talk back to my parents, if they said jump, we jumped, might not have done it with a smile on our faces, but we knew better than to talk back. But then how are kids supposed to learn respect if parents do not show it to others???????

:rolleyes::):emot-eyes::emot-eyes::huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I just recently started working in a teenage pregnancy homeless shelter. It's been an amazing experience, but it has also taught me a lot about respect. What happens when you spend 30 hours a week with hormonal, young, angry, pregnant women? You become there own personal punching bag. I have been called every swear word in the book (and some that haven't even been published yet)...I've been slapped...I've been pushed...yeah. As some of you know I also work with people who have mental disabilities- they seem to have way more respect than these girls do. BUT...I keep telling myself- right now they're angry at the world, they don't feel well, and their life is moving in a direction that they never thought it would (some of these girls have even been kicked out of their nice suburban homes). So I guess if you have a reason to be disrespectful to those who are there to help you ( :whistling: ) this would be the reason. LOL sometimes you wanna throw in the towel and then you get that one special girl who reaches out to you and it makes it all worthwhile.

I guess what I'm saying is that respect is important...but sometimes things that happen to you in life can make you really angry...causing you to act in ways that are less than desireable. How quick are we to judge others...sometimes a persons life just doesn't seem like what it is. Let's be good to one another...the more you are disrespected the more you should respect. At least...this is what I have learned from Jesus.

Much love,

sierra