• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Kenod,

Here again, I appreciate your 'gentle spirit' and will seek not to offend you.

You wrote:

"Jesus said the truth is hidden from the wise and prudent.

A young child can believe the Bible, but he/she cannot interpret the Bible. God set teachers in the Church for that purpose. And the Holy Spirit is given to guide us into all truth (John 16:13).

I am not a teacher, but I believe I have been taught by one who is."

Point 1. I agree, truth is hidden from the wise and over educated.

Point 2. No one is to interpret the Bible but the Holy Spirit, not children or teachers. Teachers are to teach the Bible as it reads and not to insert their own ideas, speculations, opinions or suppositions. This would make them 'false teachers' of which Scripture has amply warned us about. The beauty of children is that they believe things the way they are said, and don't look for hidden meaning.

Point 3. I agree, the Holy Spirit and only the Holy Spirit is to lead us into all truth. Anything I believe or share was learned directly from Him through prayer and suplication. It is wonderful to have Him reveal truth to you.

Point 4. You have only been taught correctly if you have been taught by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Human education and wisdom has always led men to so spiritualize the Scriptures that they ended up meaning exactly the opposite of what God intended. Look at the Jewish church at the time of Jesus. He was the 'living Word', the 'walking, talking Scriptures' and their theologians and teachers had so twisted those Scriptures that they didn't even recognize their own Messiah. Thus it is today in the 'Gentile church', the word of God has been obscured by fables and false teachings so that the world marvels at the disunity of 'christianity' which appears to them as total confusion, 'Babylon', rather than truth and unity of God's people. It is surely not the Holy Spirit who is leading this parade.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again (start over as a little child), he cannot see (perceive, understand) the kingdom of God.

The kingdom of anit-christ is being set up right now through these false teachers and their false doctrines.

God Bless,

Dennis

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic