IGNORED

It is not wrong for Gods servants to be wealthy!!

Nevin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, ya'll......

Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

Well let's all be fair...

I assume he simply thought she was trying to be judgemental, and responded as one who was wounded.

I've seen alot of people here do that, so I don't think we should be jumping on the bandwagon on this one. But rather we should see that human nature gave that response, and perhaps not pointer himself.

I mean come on. What if you were in a debate and someone posted that? Wouldn't you assume they were being judgemental and trying to use scripture against you?

What would have been your response?

Would it have been so different than Pointer's?

Shalom

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I have seen people say "We should just ignore <insert users name here>" so many times... why don't you start actually doing it? This debate would sure finish fast.

Well let's all be fair...

I assume he simply thought she was trying to be judgemental, and responded as one who was wounded.

I've seen alot of people here do that, so I don't think we should be jumping on the bandwagon on this one. But rather we should see that human nature gave that response, and perhaps not pointer himself.

I mean come on. What if you were in a debate and someone posted that? Wouldn't you assume they were being judgemental and trying to use scripture against you?

What would have been your response?

Would it have been so different than Pointer's?

Shalom

Well, regarding my own comment, that was based on more than his response to Petunia. I've read through his responses to AK and shiloh too. He's digging himself a hole here. His response to the scripture was just the final straw.

I have seen people say "We should just ignore <insert users name here" so many times... why don't you start actually doing it? This debate would sure finish fast.

It's very rare that ignoring a person actually works. One of the main problems too, is that alot of times the person in question is saying things that need corrected. If they state something publically that is clearly inaccurate, we have a scriptural responsibility to correct it. Sometimes (alot lately), people don't take correction too well (or even disagreement), and the discussion only deteriorates.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

No pointer, she is bearing Judgement.

That's what she seems to be blaming others for. Such posts have been removed by moderation.

Being that it's more or less "you're a fool" "no YOU are the fool".

That is a falsehood.

I quite agree that the subject of the Torah is hardly appropriate in this thread, and that the original post should not have been made. But it was, and it was allowed to stand. However, it is very suspicious indeed when parties make objection only after a long debate on the issue, as they may be parties who simply do not like the conclusion that has been reached from it.

Again i did not make mention of everyone who is poor is not honoring God
Here is what you said: That is why i say that those that are poor have made a choice.

You said in the connection to a proverb that states that the fear of the Lord is rewarded by wealth. Since you connected "choice" with that proverb, it is only natural that I would draw the conclusion that you are connecting poverty with those who are not "fearing/honoring God." You made the connection, and I simply worked from what you provided.

If that is not what you intended to convey, then perhaps you need to examine what you write more carefully before posting. Calling your hermeneutics horrible is not a personal attack, but it is true if you are going to start judging people's spirituality by their poverty level as it appeared you were doing with Prov. 22:4

Maybe we could go back to discussing this? :noidea:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Well if this, as you said, needs to be corrected, why not move it to PM's? This is contributing nothing... and please stop bashing Pet, all she tried to do was stop the argument.

Well if this, as you said, needs to be corrected, why not move it to PM's? This is contributing nothing... and please stop bashing Pet, all she tried to do was stop the argument.

Huh? I was supporting Petunia, certainly not bashing her. I've attempted to re-focus the topic. Do you want to talk about believers being wealthy or poor?

(btw, you could take your comments to PM's too ya know :noidea: )

Guest Cephas

And I would like to add this from Proverbs 30

"7Two things I asked of You, Do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep deception and lies far from me, Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion,

9That I not be full and deny You and say,