Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, Khalou, I read you but I'm decidedly underwhelmed. There is no God for sure, however you have failed to investigate whether the Creator may indeed dwell on Barnard's Star or on on Kaptyn 68 or on any of Saturn's, what, 27 moons? Hmm. In your total lack of knowledge on the matter at hand, you assure us for dead certain that your own god, the Blind, Mindless & Inert god Chance takes gold medal. Boogie down, Khalou, boogie down!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I'm sorry, Art, I'm not used to your posting style. I will try to adapt and answer what I believe is an assertion on your part about what I might believe.

You seem to be supposing two things here about what I believe. One is that there is no God for sure. That would require faith on my part, wouldn't it? So that can't be true can it? I've already stated that I have no faith on matters of the supernatural.

The other is that I, indeed, have a god. Since I have never said that I do, and am an atheist, I'm curious to hear your opinion on this Blind, Mindless, & Inert god Chance.

k

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1962

Hey, Khalou, I read you but I'm decidedly underwhelmed. There is no God for sure, however you have failed to investigate whether the Creator may indeed dwell on Barnard's Star or on on Kaptyn 68 or on any of Saturn's, what, 27 moons? Hmm. In your total lack of knowledge on the matter at hand, you assure us for dead certain that your own god, the Blind, Mindless & Inert god Chance takes gold medal. Boogie down, Khalou, boogie down!
(Commercial URL removed)

You're getting close Arthur. You've almost arrived at the conclusion that if we can argue the existance of God, we can use the same arguments for the existance of the Invisible Teapot That Orbits the Sun or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

regards

Stew

Edited by StewartP

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I could refute your statements by saying that there was at least a belief in God before there were laws written by man. The earliest laws (your humo whatever code thingy) written by man were done so with the intention of pleasing God. The author never says which God, but I'm comfortable assuming that it was the holy father, just as your comfortable assuming that there is no God. Your logical arguements are valid, but they are much less than sound. I have actually developed a biased against your opinion because of how harsh you have been for no good reason in the past. I am sure you developed a bias against mine as well. I wont go any further than to say that I disagree, thank you however for taking your arguments a step further than shouting your wrong, and they have been noted.

Edited by Observer of dreams

By the way, Mr. Durnan,

How can you preach to people when you have no idea about what non-believers think? How can you make your living just laughing at those lost sheep that you're supposed to love? Insulting them? Ignoring their opinions, and making points with those who have no need of your evangelism, except to buy your products and become further convinced of what God has already shown them?

I'm thinking that Jesus Himself lost His temper only once and that it was against those like you. "Spend your money, ye faithful, and receive the benefits of what I have to offer!"

I've seen your website, and it is a den of thieves. I would overturn your tables myself if I could.

How does it cost so much to produce a tape? Are they gold-plated?

In cases like yours, I only hope that there is a Christian God, because I will benefit from having the likes of you right beside me in Hell. Your human compassion has already been seen to be totally non-existent. Strike one. Your inability to righteously debate in good faith is strike two. Your contempt for my welfare is strike three.

You're out.

k

My life seems like one big puppet show on a stage of lies. I feel indescribably bad, I wont bring yall down I'll just say peace and see you in a couple of months.

That's not fair.

Please share your thoughts. If you don't, let me tell you that Christianity could easily be correct.

k

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, StewartP, he of the Terrecuite whatever, and maybe self-concocted "atheist" Khalou too, you want ME to explain YOUR belief-system re the sole pure FAITH-alternative to the Creator-God?! Naw, since you have inadvertently set up the straw-man - ie, your Blind, Mindless & Inert god Chance via the fortuitous collision of mindless molecules originating from flotsam or prithee, inanimate mud or goo (even tho you can't even tell us where the flotsam, mud or goo came from!!) - as the aforementioned FAITH-alternative to the existence of our purely-by-chance, colorful & mathematically-tuned, highly intricate universe, you'll do your own explaining. And you'll have to start by telling us who wrote the DNA genetic Code. Chuck Darwin perhaps? I'm truly worried about the extent of your dilemma as a professed self-concocted "atheist." And do employ at least a modicum of commonsense if you can, even tho practically EVERYTHING SCIENTIFIC militates against your Blind, Mindless & Inert god Chance. If you wish to exercise faith to believe that humans evolved somehow from apes, that's your right - it's a free country I think. But please don't call it good science - after all, C.D.'s hypothesis was based on the concept of the simple cell that could be found in all life - an idea rejected outright by biologists years ago. Let's call your self-concocted "atheism" what it really is - a religion, heavily based on faith. AMEN & AMEN!

Gotta go now. I have to meet a very special lady at the local StarBucks. She said it's on her. Hmm, maybe gender equality at last, yes?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Wow I didn't know people read that post, I changed it after I read it over and had time to think about it more. Im curious as to why there are atheist that can't talk about religion without making an arguement against Gods exsistance. Even Juggernauts reply didn't hit the core of the issue I bring up with God's laws it attacked God's exsistence and said my arguments were false essentially based on nothing more than his personel beliefs. I have a better question, and this one can actually be answered by believers and non-believers alike.

As a non-believer/believer, how do you feel about the potency that faith has in the world, and how would a world of faithless be different from a the world we now live in? The second question is how the heck did all the water get here in the first place? Keep it civil please I present this as a philisophical question with no right or wrong answers.

Edited by Observer of dreams

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

When I think of faith in its simplest form(in my mind, anyway), I'm thinking of the kind of faith I have that allows me to believe China exists. This is a kind of faith we all have, believers and nonbelievers alike. I've never been to China, or physiscally seen it, but I take it on faith that it's there. People have told me it's there. Sources that I trust say it's there.

The world would be very chaotic indeed without this kind of faith. :wub:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I'm a believer so my answer is, God put the water here. :wub: