• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

This woman is out of control. If this clip is allowed, you'll see what I mean:

Rosie on gun control

She doesn't let anyone else speak without interrupting, she doesn't treat differing views with respect, and when she's challenged it's suddenly "Let's not yell". Geeze! Someone recently posted about her comments comparing Christianity to radical Islam too. Overall, I think she's just out of control. Actually, I think ABC as a network is out of control. They have "Desperate Housewives", "Greys Anatomy" (which is just ER with more sex), "The View", "Six Degrees" (haven't seen this but just the commercial shows a girl publicly exposing herself). And I'm sure there are many others, but those are the one's that disgust me just seeing the commercials. You can't even watch a football game without having to see these extremely inappropriate advertisements. ABC is SOOOO proud of their new line-up of filth. Gah.

What do you think believers could do to make a difference? I know there are boycotts, petitions and things like that sometimes, but I'm serious....what really works? What can be done? :noidea:

What do you think believers could do to make a difference? I know there are boycotts, petitions and things like that sometimes, but I'm serious....what really works? What can be done? :noidea:

If you're talking about getting these programs off the air, that'll never happen.

If you don't like the content...do what I do...don't watch.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

This woman is out of control. If this clip is allowed, you'll see what I mean:

Rosie on gun control

She doesn't let anyone else speak without interrupting, she doesn't treat differing views with respect, and when she's challenged it's suddenly "Let's not yell". Geeze! Someone recently posted about her comments comparing Christianity to radical Islam too. Overall, I think she's just out of control. Actually, I think ABC as a network is out of control. They have "Desperate Housewives", "Greys Anatomy" (which is just ER with more sex), "The View", "Six Degrees" (haven't seen this but just the commercial shows a girl publicly exposing herself). And I'm sure there are many others, but those are the one's that disgust me just seeing the commercials. You can't even watch a football game without having to see these extremely inappropriate advertisements. ABC is SOOOO proud of their new line-up of filth. Gah.

Most of us know she's obnoxious, that TV's ratings are lax, more filth, more violence, more reality shows, etc.

What can be done? Think of that game where you use a hammer to nail a circle or square or triangle, when you do, another one pops up so you hit that one and before it even gets into the socket another one is popping up. Like evil leaders, kill one or one dies, there is always another to take his/her place. You can try and start with your own community and see how it goes, from there to your city council and so on. Not sure how politics work. But I think it's great that you want to do something about it.

One woman who was a firm believer in pro life began an organization called Birthright. Louise Summerhill. It is now an international organization with dedicated volunteers all over the world. We have a little house in our city where we offer counseling for post abortion if it gets that far, we try to promote life and offer alternatives rather than the one thing we don't want them to do. It's a support group that grew out of the exceptional interest of pro life women. It is now run by her daughters and they have a website with an 800 number.

Also MAAD. Mothers against drunk drivers. Started with one woman who lost a child and now look. Amber Alerts, The Ronald MacDonald House, etc.... If you have a passion and a cause, go for it, take it all the way with the Lord's help if it's meant to be it will be.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What can be done?

I feel the same way as you, as do all true believers. Unfortunately I don't think there is really much we can do about it except not watch all of this filth and perhaps write to the networks expressing our dislike. Not that they will actually care. As the world becomes more and more corrupt, it will only get worse with each passing year, and censorship will get more & more loose.

If you're talking about getting these programs off the air, that'll never happen.

If you don't like the content...do what I do...don't watch.

I already don't watch, but that doesn't change anything. I don't think we should be fatalistic or have a defeatest attitude that this is just the way things are going to bed, and I don't think we're supposed to just bury our heads in the sand. According to Scripture, we're supposed to be about bringing God's redemption to our culture. So I'm asking, how do we do that with things like this? What are some things that could be proactive and effective?

One woman who was a firm believer in pro life began an organization called Birthright. Louise Summerhill. It is now an international organization with dedicated volunteers all over the world. We have a little house in our city where we offer counseling for post abortion if it gets that far, we try to promote life and offer alternatives rather than the one thing we don't want them to do. It's a support group that grew out of the exceptional interest of pro life women. It is now run by her daughters and they have a website with an 800 number.

Also MAAD. Mothers against drunk drivers. Started with one woman who lost a child and now look. Amber Alerts, The Ronald MacDonald House, etc.... If you have a passion and a cause, go for it, take it all the way with the Lord's help if it's meant to be it will be.

These are some good, tangilbe examples of people who rose up against something to better society. Do you think there's a way to organize and object to violence, sexuality, etc....without labeling it as a necessarily "Christian" movement? Do you think it's more effective to take a different approach besides just using our faith as our platform? The reason I ask, is because I wonder if people would be more open to alot of the changes we would want if they didn't feel like we were trying to condemn them or convert them.

Of course, I obviously think that it's our faith that inspires us to want to bring change, and I'm not suggesting we should be ashamed or hide it. I'm just wondering if we face more opposition and resistance because of our perceived "religious agenda".

I think before we start tackling the world, we need to clean up our own backyard first.

There are 20 some thousand different denominations...that's 20 some thousand different teachings.

We harp on the homosexuals and gay marriage but allow gays and lesbians to become ministers and leaders in the church. What kind of message does that send to the outside world?

We fight amongst ourselves. Denomination against denomination.

Sex crimes within the faith. Every denomination is guilty of this.

We have some of the largest and wealthiest church organizations in the world, yet we leave it up to social service programs to take care of the needy and homeless.

These are just a few of the things I hear from those I witness to. And to tell you the truth, it's hard to argue against those things because they're all true. We say one thing but our word's don't line up with our actions. Yes I know we are not all guilty of these things, but any shadow that is cast upon the Word...covers us all.

This is my opinion and mine alone...I don't expect anyone to agree with me...it is just how see things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

First of all I don’t really know much about Rosie O’Donnell so I can come into this with an unclouded judgment as to who the woman is. First there was a little bit of a problem with blondie going off on one, however everyone had their say and it was a fair and good discussion.

Your attack on Rosie O’Donnell is most likely down you disagreeing 100% with her comments about gun control, However everything that Rose O’Donnell said in that clip I agree with.

What exactly is the point you are trying to bring up with this clip? Strange you then change subject to that of being simply about TV becoming more immoral, there are already threads on this, and why pick on that clip if you are simply talking about bad state of TV, there are countless of other shows you could have shown instead of this which is simply a lively polite debate , nothing strange here.

Your last sentence calling on Christians to make a difference, do you mean to get Rosie O’Donnell off the air because she dare make comments like banning guns?

Group A Christians want 14+ year olds the right to vote. Group B Christians oppose this. Both groups claim that God is on their side and use The Bible as support. Result, division amongst Christians and non Christians laughing at the poor fools and have their views that Christianity is silly. This would be one case where it is ok for Christians to have opposite views.

We see similar things appearing on these forums everyday, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but doesn’t mean it is right. There are a number of topics where it matters not to God what we think, however God is concerned about how we use The Bible and his name, as basis to try and shout everyone down who doesn’t agree with us.

Use the Bible to tell you what is right, if you and others know that The Bible and God backs your cause 100% then yes use it freely, but if you are simply bashing people with it and using it to hide behind and falsely give impression that everything you bring up is holy, then that is wrong and dishonouring to God. unfortunately this kind of thing happens far too often

Edited by AndrewA

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Rosie in her stand against the NRA is unaware of the REAL problem.....It isnt guns...Its the shooter..

In the Colombine shooting, the perpertrators broke 18 gun laws in the execution of their offense....If as Rosie desired there were more gun laws in place, I can already tell you that if Two MORE laws had been in place, then the perpertrators would have broken 20 gun laws...Laws dont stop shooters..

Someone said that blaming guns for the crimes committed is like Rosie blaming a spoon for getting fat. I dont know what the answer is, but I dont think more gun laws are going to help..This is not an attack on Rosie either...She is simply having her say. I can safely say that Im sure we are all aware that talk is cheap, but if we have nothing to add ourselves that suggests a possible solution to the problem, then our talk is equally as cheap.

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Rosie in her stand against the NRA is unaware of the REAL problem.....It isnt guns...Its the shooter..

In the Colombine shooting, the perpertrators broke 18 gun laws in the execution of their offense....If as Rosie desired there were more gun laws in place, I can already tell you that if Two MORE laws had been in place, then the perpertrators would have broken 20 gun laws...Laws dont stop shooters..

Someone said that blaming guns for the crimes committed is like Rosie blaming a spoon for getting fat. I dont know what the answer is, but I dont think more gun laws are going to help.....

Regards,

Ben.

If the laws dont work, then ban guns altogether.