apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

This is an e-mail I'm sending out as a promotion for a pro-intelligent design website. All of you are invited and hopefully it will help.

As many of you know, the biggest battle in the cultural war is taking place in high schools. As history has shown us, the battle for the teenage mind has always been fierce, for where the teenage mind goes is where culture goes.

The biggest struggle in the West is theism against atheism. It is the Christian attempting to combat a secular point of view. Consider that the average American youth will spend eight hours a day in a secular school learning secular ideology. When he gets home he will watch shows dedicated to youth his age, which promote the materialistic (secular) point of view. When he studies (if he does) he will study books written with an anti-theistic view. If he goes to church, he will spend around a total of five hours a week learning a Christian worldview. If we average out his total week, this means five hours are spent instructing him in Christianity while around 100 hours a week are spent learning the secular point of view.

These are estimates on the average youth - however I believe these estimates are accurate. Considering all statistics point to youth living a more secular lifestyle it is my belief that the force fed ideology they are learning is a major cause. No human can spend so many hours in indoctrination and still begin to believe the opposite, or not be effected in some fashion.

The beginning of a solution is found at the beginnings of creation. When youth believe that we are nothing more than accidents of the universe it becomes quite hard to believe in God or to follow Him in any serious manner. Ask any atheist who was formally a Christian why they abandoned the faith, and most will tell you because they could not bring together the idea of evolution and God. If we are going to win the minds of our youth and preserve society, we need to introduce them to an alternative theory to evolution.

Thankfully, a website has been created for just this role. www.overwhelmingevidence.com is the site of Dr. William Dembski, a leading warrior in the culture war. The site is made for youth and to be run by youth. They are allowed to contribute their thoughts, ideas, and ask questions about the origins of all things.

I hope you find this site useful and pass it on to others that might be helped by it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above is proof that some people never read the OP and only read the post titles. :b:

Guest willing servant

Hi , I am a science teacher......... and a christian.... a pity because I generally take the worst of punches from both sides. I think what you have to do is point out that micro evolution exists and is beyond question. Debanski himself recognises this. Macro evolution is the difficulty. Many self appointed opponents of evolution like the previous poster would like to say its all garbage. I think the best thing is to balance truth with what is taught.

Secondly as a teacher a picture is worth a thousand words. Teenages recieve more images than any writing. Your images will need to be bright colourful and easily understood.

Thirdly using debanski who I find an excellent source... give them simple questions that they can ask there science teachers. This will allow you to open everyones eyes slowly as to the miss givings of macro evolutionary theory.

Fourthly check out the video called intelligent design and maybe show some snippets with the authorisation of the editors

Guest liarsandmartyrs

No I read the post, but I feel compelled to give as much info to debunk this moronic thought of evolution.

If man evolved from ape, then why are we not still seeing man evolving out of the Congo?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

One night a few years ago I was asked to give a talk to our youth group (ages 16 & over) in church about the whole evolution/creation debate.

I took a book of fairy tales and read to them the story of the frog prince, the one where a princess kisses a frog and the frog changes into a prince. I think that they thought that I had really lost my marbles.

After reading the story I asked them this question "How do we know that is a fairy tale"? They all said "because we know that it cannot happen, it's impossible for a frog to change into a human being".

Then I said "but that is exactly what the evolutionist teaches, given millions of years a frog can change into a prince".

One of the guys said "I never thought of it like that before, it's all a fairy tale".

Try it yourself and see what reaction you get.

:21:

Hi , I am a science teacher......... and a christian.... a pity because I generally take the worst of punches from both sides. I think what you have to do is point out that micro evolution exists and is beyond question. Debanski himself recognises this. Macro evolution is the difficulty. Many self appointed opponents of evolution like the previous poster would like to say its all garbage. I think the best thing is to balance truth with what is taught.

Secondly as a teacher a picture is worth a thousand words. Teenages recieve more images than any writing. Your images will need to be bright colourful and easily understood.

Thirdly using debanski who I find an excellent source... give them simple questions that they can ask there science teachers. This will allow you to open everyones eyes slowly as to the miss givings of macro evolutionary theory.

Fourthly check out the video called intelligent design and maybe show some snippets with the authorisation of the editors

That's the thing, a lot of people simply don't want to think through the issue. Dembski even believes in some forms of Macro evolution. The site is for an intelligent debunking of Darwinian evolution at a level that a high schooler can understand.

Based on what I know of God (which in His Grand Plan is very little,) I have trouble believing that He uses evolution; micro or macro. When God created "everything" he said it was good. It was good, not it's good enough for now. The changes we see in animals and plants is from, in my point of view, natural selection. Natural selection comes about because of a cursed earth, and a cursed earth because of original sin. Because of origianal sin, the world is cursed and we now have DNA deteriorization which results in changes in a spiecies. Changes in the environment because of the fallen world and pollution enable these changes in organizisms to thrive.

I am not the most learned person but this makes sence to me in my head and spirit. Please inlighten me if my thoughts are flaud, (like my spelling!) :P

Blessings,

Anita

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

have any of you ever read inherit the wind? there's a really interesting argument for the coexistence of the divine and the mechanism of evolution (a mechanism, which, by the way, i think is absolutely beautiful) presented in the end, but i don't want to be repetitive if everybody knows what it is/has read the book and is going to yell at me for reintroducing something that's old hat.

have any of you ever read inherit the wind? there's a really interesting argument for the coexistence of the divine and the mechanism of evolution (a mechanism, which, by the way, i think is absolutely beautiful) presented in the end, but i don't want to be repetitive if everybody knows what it is/has read the book and is going to yell at me for reintroducing something that's old hat.

It's fiction :emot-heartbeat:

It presents a horrible argument because it doesn't explore the deeper parts of Chrisitan theology, such as if Darwinian evolution is true, then why in the world do we need God?

This is why such websites are important...when people are relying on fiction to form their belief on the origins of all things and God, it shows why we are in desperate need for knowledge.