Guest Levi

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This past summer, my youth group SHOCK attended a conference at Wheaton College in Chicago. It was an experience of a lifetime, and I know for me, it totally changed my life and relationship with God.  Our core team who went all had the same experience with God and we all wanted to get more involved and hold each other accountable and all sorts of promises....but now that we're back home and in school again, we don't keep up on each other or our promises.  It's pretty depressing....I try my best to keep us together, but I know one single person can't hold up a group of people.  It seems like we're falling apart and some are even falling away from God...gossip, school and other loves get in the way of their relationship with God...I don't know what to do!!  We used to be so close, but I'm afraid we're becoming fake. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!? Does anyone have any advice???? I would appreciate it soooo much!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest leejosepho

AnJeLi:

Peace and Joy to you!

First, stay true to what you believe to be right(eous), no matter how many people now seem completely disinterested.

Second, do not yield to the sure-to-come temptation to become self-righteous about that, but simply remain humble and quiet "before the throne" ... asking our Heavenly Father to show you His "joy unspeakable" even if you are seemingly "all alone" in your quest for more of Him.

Third, do not waste time "church shopping" ...

Fourth, read "Hind's Feet On High Places".

Fifth, stay in touch right here.

Blessings!

Lee ben Yoseph

PS: There is nothing you can do about the fallen-apart youth group.  The best you can hope for is one or two who might "see your good works" and be reminded we were created to worship the One who created us ... and mabe decide to join you in "the Fellowship of the Spirit", so to speak.

It may have been a fantastic spiritual renewal when you went to weaton but don't always dwell on the past. Seek a new move of God. Keep searching. Getting comfortable and enjoying the past move can only last for so long. Read good christian books. seek God on a mountain top. Have testimony time to strengthen the faith. Pray. Get down to it and search for God.  A new move of God could be just what you need.

Even Christ had different degrees of followers. There were the 12 top disciples who forsook all and followed completely, there were the other 30 I think it was who it seems were dedicated but not quite going all the way, then there were undercover believers like Nicodemus who remained a Jewish leader, and then there were the general public who loved Jesus but for whatever reason followed afar off. Everybody has to decide what group they want to be in whether close or afar off or somewhere in between. I would say that you should just continue to be faithful and follow the Lord where he is leading you, do your best and try to be a sample and encouragement to others and pray for them. That's about all you can do, the rest is between them and God. Just keep going for God. God bless you!