• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I read you, but why the No Girls bit? JUst asking. Ecumenism refers to EVERYBODY in the world together, does it not? Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Unitarians, "New-Agers" including Winfrey, Maclaine, Kerry - KERRY!! - how'd HE get in there? Deliver us from him! The Way of the Cross of Christ is a lonesome road, a narrow road & a difficult one. "Narrow is the way and FEW there be that find it." And again, "Jesus said I am THE Way," - not one of MANY, MANY ways! Sounds the precise opposite of ecumenism, does it not? To ask is to answer.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I think it comes down to the definition Arthur. The dictionary definition certainly does not include everybody. It is a Christian term only and simply means efforts by believers to find common ground and work together. For example on this board, Southern Baptists and AOG talking together and agreeing on the basics of the faith, this would be ecumenical in the strict dictionary definition.

However, there is the other effort I think someone said with a big E, I think this is what you are referring to. This is some sort of global movement toward a one world understanding between religious traditions, which of course is impossible, insane and would be very dangerous for Christians to take part in. So yes any movement which would claim some sort of alternative truth outside of Christ is of the anti-Christ per scripture and if this is what is meant by Ecumenicalism, I would personally want nothing at all to do with it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I can certainly buy that.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

"Father, I pray that they may all be one." (Jesus)

But of whom is He speaking? The Elect, of course: the true believers!

I guess I have a different view of ecumenism. I see it as all of us moving toward the same Truth.

Jesus only established one Church. And, when His Church reaches perfection, we shall all be one as He prayed.

God bless,

Fiosh

:)

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Jesus only established one Church. And, when His Church reaches perfection, we shall all be one as He prayed.

But when will we reach perfection? It can't be here on Earth, can it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Was it Spurgeon whose simple message was Look to Christ and be saved? Or Moody, I always get them mixed up, but every man who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. That faith is the membership card. The Lord our God takes His believers of every nation, people, language and tongue. Given the nature of man to do that which is wrong in the sight of God, that the preparation of the heart in man is of the Lord, and that man's goings are of the Lord, I expect that all denominations are created individually by Him for His good purpose, and that we are kept apart for a reason. We shall all be as one at the marriage supper of the Lamb. I think it impossible to cause more than a superficial unity among more than a couple, or a few demominations at any one time, because in my heart I feel that God will not bring the whole body on earth together in unity. Ultimate unity is for the time when all of us are looking upon Christ and not at each other.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Thanks, Adarian. :emot-prettywink:

Maybe this has been covered in past posts but here goes....

Universal Ecumenicalism and Universal Salvation seem to go hand-in-hand!

To show just how wide the current doctrine of universal salvation (the wide road) is, a site I checked out last night asserted not only would All humanity be saved but Satan and all demons are covered by The Cross.

We can guess where that lie came from!

This was not the first site I have read in the past week that teaches this demonic mockery of Jesus and His Holy Blood!

To Amazing to pass by, please forgive my "off-subject" Post... Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

{{{ Was it Spurgeon whose simple message was Look to Christ and be saved? }}}

Wonder Filled teaching from The Gospel of John....

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:"

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15 )

And, from The Gospel of Numbers.....

"And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." (Numbers 21:9 )

To Amazing to pass by, please forgive my "off-subject" Post... Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

This came up in the posts and I would like to add a few extra works of the Lord's prayer to His Father.....

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;"

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

(John 17:20-23 )

Boy Oh Boy Does The Father Ever Love Us!

Boy Oh Boy Does Jesus Ever Love Us!

This is the true "Unity" that I understand.

This is the true "Oneness" that I understand.

Two issues we'll deal with more and more as "The Days of The Church" draw to a close!